U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 10:29 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,132,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
So you think that a Central Bank can keep printing money
Yes

that is what central banks do

that is why they exist

money is like blood in the human body, it is perpetually being created and destroyed simultaneously and as long as it operates at normal levels most people are unaware of it.

Quote:
with negative growth
Growth in the eurozone is running at about 1.5%

Quote:
and nothing will give?
The currency will devalue, under the hypothetical situation you just gave which is in-fact not occuring. Which would not be the end of the world. In fact it's probably what the eurozone needs.

Quote:
We already know what happens. They did it prior to The Great Depression.
Don't give me this crap about "the great depression. " There isn't enough time in this evening for me to talk about the economic constraints of the 1930's monetary systems.

but let's start with one thing : They didn't have digital credit, and relied on paper money which was difficult to destroy (or even track).

Quote:
All the ECB is doing is transferring money to the the top 1% as is the Feds and the JCB.
And yet y'all are concerned about public debt, go figure.

If you actually cared about the well-being of the 99% you'd let public debt grow, and you'd take a hatchet to private debt.

Quote:
The result is always massive social unrest with either enormous deflation or inflation.
Let me guess: Your examples are (A) Weimar Germany and (B) Zimbabwe ?

Quote:
There is nothing the Central Banks can do to undo the disaster they have caused. Yellen has given up. She just doesn't want to be around when the Black Swan takes a crap.
yawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 10:31 PM

21,622 posts, read 11,079,083 times
I don't blame them. they are getting trampled by Syrians in more ways than one.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:33 PM

5,559 posts, read 3,662,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yes

that is what central banks do

Growth in the eurozone is running at about 1.5%

The currency will devalue. Which is not the end of the world. In fact it's probably what the eurozone needs.

Don't give me this crap about "the great depression. " I'm not listening to that. Join us in reality, please.

And yet y'all are concerned about public debt, go figure.

If you actually cared about the well-being of the 99% you'd let public debt grow, and you'd take a hatchet to private debt.

Let me guess: Your examples are (A) Weimar Germany and (B) Zimbabwe ?

yawn
No, my example is the EU. Just observe what is happening.

You have zero knowledge about the economic conditions in these countries. Absolutely zero.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:33 PM

10,567 posts, read 4,370,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The EU could never last. Too many differences between regions. Too many chances for some to cheat the system while others have to subsidize the cheaters.

They were muddling through though, until last year when Merkel declared Europe open, saying that she was ready to take in anyone calling themselves a refugee who could make it to German soil. If not for that, there would have been no huge migrant crisis and there would be no Brexit crisis now. Merkel broke the EU.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:35 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,132,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
all Bankers are at the mercy of China.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:39 PM

100%. China has them. They owe $20 Trillion which they will not pay back which pretty much puts Germany, France, The Netherlands on the hook for fat more money than all of the EU combined.

As I said, you know absolutely nothing except how to pray for more money printing which doesn't create enormous social unrest.

Keep praying, especially as everything continues to fall apart. I don't think it will help but who knows?

BTW, nice video of yourself at one of your Evangelical prayer meetings.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They were muddling through though, until last year when Merkel declared Europe open, saying that she was ready to take in anyone calling themselves a refugee who could make it to German soil. If not for that, there would have been no huge migrant crisis and there would be no Brexit crisis now. Merkel broke the EU.
It would have still happened but in a different form. The Central Bank money printing scheme requires cheaper and cheaper labor in order to show any "growth". The growth is going all to the top 1% as workers are thrown deeper and deeper into debt and despair.

Some of Krugman's fans have this stupendously stilly notion that one can print prosperity. Idiotic beyond comprehension

Old 06-25-2016, 10:52 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,956,023 times
There is lots of talk from every country about leaving. Just knee jerk reflexs. I wouldn't take these seriously today. The dust needs to settle first. We'll see how many of the threats are serious in a few months.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
There is lots of talk from every country about leaving. Just knee jerk reflexs. I wouldn't take these seriously today. The dust needs to settle first. We'll see how many of the threats are serious in a few months.
Cameron acceded to a referendum for political reasons thinking that never in a million years would the Brits view to Leave. The European Elites will not allow this mistake to be repeated.

The most probable outcome, assuming the Billionaire Class continues to do what it always does, is enormous social unrest cultivating a surge in the Far Right nativist and nationalistic parties. Historically this is the pattern. The Elite will not give back the $trillions of money they stole nor will the Puppet Politicos.

This has happened many times before in history. It is nothing new.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:52 PM

66,194 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
BentBow, are you a Cherokee or a white guy? Because 100 years ago the US constitution didn't apply to Native Americans..

I am a person, born in Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or