Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 01:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This comes as no suprise. Tear it up. Move forward with the exit.
Yep, tear up that economy and screw those lower-class people you claim you'd be helping with this poorly thought-out nonsense. Brexit will create far more pain than benefit for precisely those it was claiming to champion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 01:58 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
It turns out the petition was started some time ago by a brexit supporter who was afraid remain would win! You can't make this stuff up......

Brexit campaigner admits he set up second EU referendum petition signed by three million people | UK Politics | News | The Independent
Well Farage did say in May:
Quote:
Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

The Ukip leader said a small defeat for his leave camp would be “unfinished business” and predicted pressure would grow for a re-run of the 23 June ballot.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”
Nigel Farage wants second referendum if Remain campaign scrapes narrow win - Mirror Online

Old 06-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Petition found to be highly fraudulent yet the major nets (msm) still touting it.. Butthurt crybabies... Globalists lost, get over it. As lefty would say: move forward. Losers.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:09 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Quote:
Petition found to be highly fraudulent yet the major nets (msm) still touting it.. Butthurt crybabies... Globalists lost, get over it. As lefty would say: move forward. Losers.
Seriously, can you read? No one is touting anything. The brexiters have made their bed, that's fine. The op was floating the idea that the poll was rigged by the remain faction. Who are the crybabies?

Old 06-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Seriously, can you read? No one is touting anything. The brexiters have made their bed, that's fine. The op was floating the idea that the poll was rigged by the remain faction. Who are the crybabies?
You mad bro? The poll was touted by george stuffalottabutt this morning as legit. He brought on another cry baby butthurt punk globalist and they shared stories of fear and loathing.. I love watching lefties squirm and pout... sorta,, gets tiresome quick though..haha. losers, losers,losers.. 3 cheers for victory

Old 06-27-2016, 04:44 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,923,705 times
Apparently Scotland can block the UK from leaving the EU. How true that is I don't know but that's what Sturgeon is saying.

http://www.roogrog.com/km/news/iframe/14BZ

Old 06-27-2016, 05:07 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,460,386 times
The best solution would be for the EU to clean up it's mess and perhaps delay Britain's exit with a renegotiation of the main problems. Britain is not the only country where many people have concerns about the EU, the whole thing could collapse. As much as I enjoy seeing the mainstream media cry itself to sleep over Brexit the reality is it could cause the next global recession and leave Europe at its most unstable point since WW2. If Brexit happens the UK itself will end and Ulster will become a mess again.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 334 times
I heard this 39,411 number and had to investigate more. And I should state my position, although this is an unbiased analysis. I am firmly for the remain side, although I am also for accuracy and fairness in data. I investigated the data - you can get the actual data that drives the petition and the vote per constituency. - [url]https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json[/url] The format is JSON which is a popular web data exchange format. Open the URL, click CTRL + F (or search or find) and search for Vatican. You will see that there are 79 counts coming from the Vatican city. These will be for UK registered voters, represented by a specific constituency. My vote originates from the USA (I live over sees) but is represented in the mid Hertfordshire constituency under Nadine Dorries MP. I don't know where the 39,411 number came from but it is a work of fiction.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:20 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times
Quote:
You mad bro? The poll was touted by george stuffalottabutt this morning as legit. He brought on another cry baby butthurt punk globalist and they shared stories of fear and loathing.. I love watching lefties squirm and pout... sorta,, gets tiresome quick though..haha. losers, losers,losers.. 3 cheers for victory
Get back to me when you start shaving and move out on your own. We'll talk about the real world. The one that doesn't rely on insults, childish taunts, and emoticons....

Old 06-28-2016, 06:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
You go through the reports and the posturing and it is clear that nothing is settled. Both the Conservatives and Labour are in chaos...and therefore the Conservatives are very unlikely to call a snap election.

So this goes on for some months until everyone gets organized and then we will see what they propose.

And as much as English Dave does not wish to believe it I would still assess the likelihood of one or more votes on the subject very high. This is a two year or more adventure...not a done deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies