Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 06:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You seem like you are targeting conservatives more with how you phrase it.

Liberals are more likely to externalize their own failures and the failures of other people.

Considering that Democrats are far more likely to be living in poverty than Republicans, do you think Hillary should make this part of her speech at the national convention? "The core of my voters, you failed!"

Or will she go on about how big banks, big business, and the 1% have exploited the 99% in some form of variation?
I agree with your first sentence, so I edited it to be more inclusive. The rest of it, IMHO, is hogwash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 06:15 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, I aimed it at everyone. Anyone who blames others (aka not me) for their own failures.
You have very poor aim.

You specifically state immigrants and blacks as people getting blame for the failure of others. You sound like an MSNBC commentator blasting the right. At least you are attempting to clarify your aim.

Should Hillary take this message with her to the convention? "If you have failed, it is not white privilege; if you didn't graduate high school, the system is not rigged against you; the police do not cause the problems in the inner cities, the people living there and committing the crimes do; if you are working minimum wage, some 1% didn't hold you back." something along those lines. I would have respect for her. Of course Trump could target common GOP excuses.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
I live by this motto " do you want to know where the problems start in your life look in the mirror" and you will see the biggest problem. I know where the Op is coming from there are lots of people that point fingers and whine.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
You have very poor aim.

You specifically state immigrants and blacks as people getting blame for the failure of others. You sound like an MSNBC commentator blasting the right. At least you are attempting to clarify your aim.

Should Hillary take this message with her to the convention? "If you have failed, it is not white privilege; if you didn't graduate high school, the system is not rigged against you; the police do not cause the problems in the inner cities, the people living there and committing the crimes do; if you are working minimum wage, some 1% didn't hold you back." something along those lines. I would have respect for her. Of course Trump could target common GOP excuses.

Judging by a lot of the threads on P&OC I would say I'm spot on.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:27 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
...How about not blaming everybody else for your own failings in life? It's not the immigrant's fault, it's not the African American's fault, it's you. YOU failed. So learn from it and suck it up.

Carry on.
That isn't the issue BTW. And I can safely assume that you know almost nothing about history, economics, philosophy, foreign policy, or political theory. I would be surprised if you've ever read even a single book or essay that wasn't chosen for you.

The actual issue, is that a handful of bankers and other capitalists, who control the wealth of the world, are using it to to control, manipulate, and exploit the vast-majority of the population, both in America and around the world. Forcing the common people to suck at their teet, while they do no work, and merely get rich by speculating off the labor of the people, through their manipulation of the currency, mainly by producing "fictitious capital".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictitious_capital

These "Capitalists" don't want immigrants here because they care about the suffering and desperation of the poor. Rather, they want to take-advantage of these people for their own benefit, and they are the ones who create the insecurity and desperation of these people in the first place. They are literal psychopaths.

"This entire Jewish world, which forms a single profiteering sect, a people of blooksuckers, a single gluttonnous parasite. What can there be in common between Communism and the large banks? Oh! The Communism of Marx seeks enormous centralization in the state, and where such exists, there must inevitably be a central state bank, and where such a bank exists, the parasitic Jewish nation, which. speculates on the work of the people, will always find a way to prevail." - Mikhail Bakunin

Bakunin on Marx and Rothschild

It isn't the capitalists who are opposed to immigration, they have always been in favor of it. It is the working class that has always been timid about immigration. Yet, the leftists, who claim to represent the working class, continue to support policies which destroy them. And these bourgeoisie leftists, then blame the working class themselves for not being rich, just the same as the capitalists which they claim to abhor.

"A man who is without capital, and who, by prohibitions upon banking, is practically forbidden to hire any, is in a condition elevated but one degree above that of a chattel slave. He may live; but he can live only as the servant of others; compelled to perform such labor, and to perform it at such prices, as they may see fit to dictate." - Lysander Spooner

These leftists, like yourself, continue to blame the victim, and to turn the people against each other, claiming that the only reason anyone could possibly oppose open-borders, is hatred. All while under every so-called "Democratic" administration, these globalists just continue to get richer, and steal more and more of the country away. Because you are playing right into their plans, you are a useful idiot, you are leading the world straight to hell. Yet, you pat yourself on the back as if you are the good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLyKSYRqXM

We don't need immigration, we need to get rid of these parasites called bankers. Who have built a ponzi-scheme of fictitious capital through monetary manipulation through market speculation, which they have used to buy up the resources of the world, and to otherwise dominate all the world's markets, and thus, all the world's people.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....migration.html

Please, for the love of god, learn something before you open your mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLPFe782EuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WODPGNCV24I

Old 06-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Judging by a lot of the threads on P&OC I would say I'm spot on.
So Hillary should take that message to the convention?

Bernie needs to take this advice as well. Blame everywhere, but to him or his supporters. Oh, Bernie, stop blaming everyone else!

Old 06-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
That isn't the issue BTW. And I can safely assume that you know almost nothing about history, economics, philosophy, foreign policy, or political theory. I would be surprised if you've ever read even a single book or essay that wasn't chosen for you.

The actual issue, is that a handful of bankers and other capitalists, who control the wealth of the world, are using it to to control, manipulate, and exploit the vast-majority of the population, both in America and around the world. Forcing the common people to suck at their teet, while they do no work, and merely get rich by speculating off the labor of the people, through their manipulation of the currency, mainly by producing "fictitious capital".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictitious_capital

These "Capitalists" don't want immigrants here because they care about the suffering and desperation of the poor. Rather, they want to take-advantage of these people for their own benefit, and they are the ones who create the insecurity and desperation of these people in the first place. They are literal psychopaths.

"This entire Jewish world, which forms a single profiteering sect, a people of blooksuckers, a single gluttonnous parasite. What can there be in common between Communism and the large banks? Oh! The Communism of Marx seeks enormous centralization in the state, and where such exists, there must inevitably be a central state bank, and where such a bank exists, the parasitic Jewish nation, which. speculates on the work of the people, will always find a way to prevail." - Mikhail Bakunin

Bakunin on Marx and Rothschild

It isn't the capitalists who are opposed to immigration, they have always been in favor of it. It is the working class that has always been timid about immigration. Yet, the leftists, who claim to represent the working class, continue to support policies which destroy them. And these bourgeoisie leftists, then blame the working class themselves for not being rich, just the same as the capitalists which they claim to abhor.

"A man who is without capital, and who, by prohibitions upon banking, is practically forbidden to hire any, is in a condition elevated but one degree above that of a chattel slave. He may live; but he can live only as the servant of others; compelled to perform such labor, and to perform it at such prices, as they may see fit to dictate." - Lysander Spooner

These leftists, like yourself, continue to blame the victim, and to turn the people against each other, claiming that the only reason anyone could possibly oppose open-borders, is hatred. All while under every so-called "Democratic" administration, these globalists just continue to get richer, and steal more and more of the country away. Because you are playing right into their plans, you are a useful idiot, you are leading the world straight to hell. Yet, you pat yourself on the back as if you are the good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLyKSYRqXM

We don't need immigration, we need to get rid of these parasites called bankers. Who have built a ponzi-scheme of fictitious capital through monetary manipulation through market speculation, which they have used to buy up the resources of the world, and to otherwise dominate all the world's markets, and thus, all the world's people.

Please, for the love of god, learn something before you open your mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLPFe782EuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WODPGNCV24I
And you didn't get my point. Stop blaming the other guy for your own failings. I'm not naive about who's running things, we need to stop pointing fingers at everybody else and stand on our own feet.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
So Hillary should take that message to the convention?

Bernie needs to take this advice as well. Blame everywhere, but to him or his supporters. Oh, Bernie, stop blaming everyone else!
How about the "other guy"? Not just Hillary and Bernie. (BTW, I think Bernie needs to admit failure)

Old 06-27-2016, 06:36 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
And you didn't get my point. Stop blaming the other guy for your own failings. I'm not naive about who's running things, we need to stop pointing fingers at everybody else and stand on our own feet.
Well you edited your original post, but it sounded like you were angry that white people were blaming immigrants and blacks for all their problems.

I would agree that people should stop blaming people for all their problems, but it isn't as none of their problems are caused by other people. In fact, almost all of your problems are caused by other people.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
How about the "other guy"? Not just Hillary and Bernie. (BTW, I think Bernie needs to admit failure)
You already covered the other guy in your thread starting post.

Why so hesitant to pull Hillary on board?

EDIT: I see you edited your post some that is better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies