Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 12:10 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Maybe it's time to stop feeding this TROLL.
Funny. You think I'm a troll because you can't answer the questions...

The fact remains that ambulatory surgery centers have minimum standards with which they must meet. Why should women have to accept inferior care?

An even better question is why did SCOTUS ignore the Constitution's equal protection clause and allow women's health clinics to provide care that is substandard to what state law requires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 12:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
ICDM coding, sweetie. Look at the coding.
It is not coding that determines where a procedure should be performed but the level of risk. A cardiac catheterization is a diagnostic procedure, but it is not done in the Doctor's Office due to risk, capiche?

Old 06-29-2016, 12:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Legally, hospitals can't discriminate on anything other than credentials if they receive federal funding. Did you not know that?
Maybe you should tell those hospitals that they aren't allowed to set criteria for admitting privileges.

Quote:
We read that other
evidence in light of a brief filed in this Court by the Society
of Hospital Medicine. That brief describes the undisputed
general fact that “hospitals often condition admitting
privileges on reaching a certain number of admissions
per year.”

Returning to the District Court record,
we note that, in direct testimony, the president of Nova
Health Systems, implicitly relying on this general fact,
pointed out that it would be difficult for doctors regularly
performing abortions at the El Paso clinic to obtain admitting
privileges at nearby hospitals because “[d]uring the
past 10 years, over 17,000 abortion procedures were performed
at the El Paso clinic [and n]ot a single one of those
patients had to be transferred to a hospital for emergency
treatment, much less admitted to the hospital.” App. 730.
In a word, doctors would be unable to maintain admitting
privileges or obtain those privileges for the future, because
the fact that abortions are so safe meant that providers
were unlikely to have any patients to admit.
Quote:
Again, returning to the
District Court record, we note that Dr. Lynn of the
McAllen clinic, a veteran obstetrics and gynecology doctor
who estimates that he has delivered over 15,000 babies in
his 38 years in practice was unable to get admitting privileges
at any of the seven hospitals within 30 miles of his
clinic. App. 390–394. He was refused admitting privileges
at a nearby hospital for reasons, as the hospital wrote,
“not based on clinical competence considerations.” Id., at
393–394 (emphasis deleted). The admitting-privileges
requirement does not serve any relevant credentialing
function.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions...5-274_p8k0.pdf

Maybe the SUPREME COURT didn't know that it is illegal for hospitals to set such standards.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
They do apply it to all ambulatory surgery centers.
Except for those doing D&C fro miscarriages among other minor surgical procedures.

Quote:
Biopsies, Cystoscopies, Toenail removal, Skin cancer lesion removal, Hernia repair, Thyroid biopsy, Tonsillectomy, Bronchoscopy, Appendectomy Tubal ligation, Esophageal-reflux surgery, Lumpectomy, Mastectomy, Benign cyst removal, Rotator Cuff repair, Shoulder Arthroscopy, etc
Here Are Some Medical Procedures Texas Regulates Less Than Abortions | Dallas Observer

Old 06-29-2016, 12:18 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
That's where personal responsibility comes into play. Why not move elsewhere if you don't agree with the limitations in place in a private-sector Catholic hospital?
I did not move there. I was born there, married there, and started my career there. My husband and I conceived with great joy after nearly ten years of marriage only to learn at a twenty-week ultrasound that the child we had longed for was anencephalic. We consulted numerous physicians who all gave us the same poor prognosis, and we reluctantly decided to terminate the pregnancy. It was only then that we discovered that our public hospital -- yes, public hospital & regional center for OB and a variety of other specialties and the same one that employed both of my parents and one of my grandparents -- would not permit our physician to perform an abortion. Our physician, by the way, was a family friend and ACOG-certified perinatalogist, who supported our decision, but his hands were tied. We were in a panic trying to find a facility that would perform an abortion at that stage of pregnancy with complicating maternal factors, because the procedure was more complex than a first-trimester termination, and we were rapidly approaching the cut off for legal abortion in our state. We had made plans to travel to Kansas when our perinatalogist called with the news that he had located a doctor and facility in another part of the state that could accommodate me. If you want to declare me lacking in personal responsibility -- a married, educated, professional woman who had carefully planned her pregnancy and begun decorating a nursery but had the misfortune of learning the fetus she was carrying had a devastating genetic defect -- well, I just don't know what to say to that.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-29-2016 at 12:56 PM..

Old 06-29-2016, 12:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Supreme Court Rejects Bid to Revive Anti-Choice Laws in Mississippi, Wisconsin | Democracy Now!

And it begins....

Old 06-29-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I did not move there. I was born there, married there, and started my career there. My husband and I conceived with great joy after nearly ten years of marriage only to learn at a twenty-week ultrasound that the child we had longed for was anencephalic. We consulted numerous physicians who all gave us the same poor prognosis, and we reluctantly decided to terminate the pregnancy. It was only then that we discovered that our public hospital -- yes, public hospital -- the one that employed both of my parents and one of my grandparents, would not permit our physician to perform an abortion. Our physician, by the way, was a family friend and ACOG-certified perinatalogist, who supported our decision, but his hands were tied. We were in a panic trying to find a facility that would perform an abortion at that stage of pregnancy with complicating maternal factors, because the procedure was more complex than a first-trimester termination, and we were rapidly approaching the cut off for legal abortion in my state. We were making plans to travel to Kansas when our perinatalogist called with the news that he had located a doctor and facility in another part of the state that could accommodate me. If you want to declare me lacking in personal responsibility, a married, educated, professional woman who had carefully planned her pregnancy and begun decorating a nursery but had the misfortune of learning the fetus she was carrying had a devastating genetic defect...well...I just don't know what to say to that.
Don't you know that you should have been more responsible and checked out the state that you were being born in?

Gosh, so much for personal responsibility!

Old 06-29-2016, 12:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Great NEWS!!!

Old 06-29-2016, 12:29 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Don't you know that you should have been more responsible and checked out the state that you were being born in?

Gosh, so much for personal responsibility!
LOL, don't put all the responsibility on her! Put it where it belongs; on her great grandparents! LOL They were totally remiss to not anticipate what would happen a hundred years in the future!

(in before Informed Consent says the same thing)

Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Look them up. I've never been anti-abortion.
You can't link them because they don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies