Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 10:20 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,735,213 times

Advertisements

“I want to help change Texas for a better state, and I hope that not just for Texas, but the entire world."

Yeah I think Qatar is the country needing the help. Penalty for drinking alcohol is flogging and up to the death penalty for sodomy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Qatar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 05:07 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I wouldn't let him back in. The family has two kids who have caused bomb scares in their schools.

Wonder who they are learning that from.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Burn him! Burn him at the stake!

We've come a long way, haven't we?

Let's see....if he was black we'd be calling him a thug. If he was white we'd be calling him white trash. If he was brown we'd be saying he was an illegal. But he's Muslim, so we're calling him a terrorist.

Gotta love the trend of faux outrage over nothing.....as though there isn't anything real in the world to be outraged about.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:31 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Burn him! Burn him at the stake!

We've come a long way, haven't we?

Let's see....if he was black we'd be calling him a thug. If he was white we'd be calling him white trash. If he was brown we'd be saying he was an illegal. But he's Muslim, so we're calling him a terrorist.

Gotta love the trend of faux outrage over nothing.....as though there isn't anything real in the world to be outraged about.
So true! His faux bomb and his sisters bomb scare had nothing to do with it. It's 100% because of his religion.

Good thing we have grown ups like you to see that bomb scares in schools are "outrage over nothing".

Old 07-06-2016, 12:44 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Mixing and melting in is one thing. Superseding American culture, sometimes with threat or use of violence, is another. Very few Chinese or Greek restaurants thrive by violent means. Bagels have worked their way into the American diet, as have nachos. Heck, they're so well liked they're fought over, Brawl over $5 chips caught on video.

This thread is about a specific culture that is placing unmeetable demands on the West, such as delegitimization of Israel and allowing the use of their legal systems to maintain control over spouses and children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Can't rep again ... but yet again ... I agree.

This is starting to be a habit.

El Nox
Don't worry Nox, I got reps for both of you!

Old 07-06-2016, 12:48 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
It's funny how Obama find his way in every discussion in this forum. Some of you most love to hate him, huh?
Yes.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
So true! His faux bomb and his sisters bomb scare had nothing to do with it. It's 100% because of his religion.

Good thing we have grown ups like you to see that bomb scares in schools are "outrage over nothing".

You all act like he purposely did something to create a terrible situation. Was he naive? Yes. But even the police chief said there was no intention to create alarm.

And is white trash, thug, illegal or terrorist related to religion, or are those just words people like to throw around?

I never mentioned religion. YOU did.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:38 PM

23,547 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
You all act like he purposely did something to create a terrible situation. Was he naive? Yes. But even the police chief said there was no intention to create alarm.

And is white trash, thug, illegal or terrorist related to religion, or are those just words people like to throw around?

Ahmed had stated that before he'd even taken it to school he had known it would look suspicious. The police chief stated that it was “certainly suspicious in nature”. When the police chief had made that 'no intention to create alarm' statement he was unaware that Ahmed had known beforehand that it would look suspicious. I have no doubt that the police chief questioned Ahmed about if he knew it would look suspicious to others, and, since the chief claims to be unaware that Ahmed had known it would look suspicious then Ahmed must have lied in his response to that question.

Ahmed was told by his engineering teacher to put it in his locker. His engineering teacher knew it wasn't a bomb or a timing device but also knew that others might find it suspicious looking. Ahmed refused to put it away in his locker, instead he carried it around with him. When he got to his English class he intentionally plugged it in so that it would create noise.

Did Ahmed realize before he'd taken it to school that it might cause concern? Yes.
Did Ahmed intentionally draw attention to it while he was in English class? Yes.

So yes, he purposely did something to create a terrible situation.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:05 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:

After ALL the evidence to the contrary, you believe his "clock invention" was a sincere science project? Lucky for you they took the word gullible out of the dictionary.

Quote:
Huh? You said "Muslim" (see below)... so in other words you DID mentioned religion.

Quote:
But he's Muslim, so we're calling him a terrorist.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Ahmed had stated that before he'd even taken it to school he had known it would look suspicious. The police chief stated that it was “certainly suspicious in nature”. When the police chief had made that 'no intention to create alarm' statement he was unaware that Ahmed had known beforehand that it would look suspicious. I have no doubt that the police chief questioned Ahmed about if he knew it would look suspicious to others, and, since the chief claims to be unaware that Ahmed had known it would look suspicious then Ahmed must have lied in his response to that question.

Ahmed was told by his engineering teacher to put it in his locker. His engineering teacher knew it wasn't a bomb or a timing device but also knew that others might find it suspicious looking. Ahmed refused to put it away in his locker, instead he carried it around with him. When he got to his English class he intentionally plugged it in so that it would create noise.

Did Ahmed realize before he'd taken it to school that it might cause concern? Yes.
Did Ahmed intentionally draw attention to it while he was in English class? Yes.

So yes, he purposely did something to create a terrible situation.

Let's say all of this is correct and it was all intentional. THIS is worthy of some of the comments here? Are you KIDDING me??? Like no boy ever did anything this idiotic when you were in school, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
After ALL the evidence to the contrary, you believe his "clock invention" was a sincere science project? Lucky for you they took the word gullible out of the dictionary.

Huh? You said "Muslim" (see below)... so in other words you DID mentioned religion.
Yes, I guess that was bringing up his religion, so my bad on that point. I referred to him as Muslim because people are calling him terrorist.

Go ahead and make this a punishable crime calling for some dreadful thing to happen to him.

This witch hunt is as reactionary and stupid as Obama inviting the kid to the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies