Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:26 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
i grew up in bridge view, but lived in Orland park.. Go to 87th and Harlem. you'll see what I am talking about. Entire strip mall is arabic . A friend and I stopped in starbucks. I swear it was 65% muslim inside the place. As well as a worker and when we walked out there were muslims in the drive thru. I couldn't believe my eyes.
That sucks. If you want to avoid Muslims you have to restrict yourself to the paltry 99% of the country that is not Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 08:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I still don't understand how a group of people can immigrate to America then demand that their new hosts change their ways. Even more mind boggling is how our elected seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate these groups.

The governor of Illinois is trying to pass a law that would allow a group of muslims to have a say in illinois government. the Legislature would create a 21-member Illinois Muslim-American Advisory Council.

Illinois Measure Would Create Advisory Council for Muslims - ABC News

Why does the muslim community need any influence in the way the Gov. is operated? If they do not like how things are going than I would suggest that they become citizens and get out and vote.
All citizens have the right to vote and most do not need a special interest advisory council to speak for them.

I wonder since there is still a majority of Americans that believe that muslims should not be able to setup courts in their communities within the USA that dictate Sharia law if this is a way for them to get their message across? Is this the first step to overall Sharia law?

Have we ever had a group of people in our history that has immigrated to America and made such demands that are being heard and answered? Are our elected so blind that they don't see what is going on?
This just feels like an invasion and we are letting it happen.
Will we wake up in the near future and our America will be no more?
What has this got to do with Sharia Law?

Why assume Muslims are not citizens?

The state legislate passed this thing. It awaits the governor's signature. The state is not in a position to reimburse any committee for a box of donuts.

States have all sorts of advisory committees along ethnic, religion, age, sex, orientation and so on. None have any authority.

Btw, white Europeans immigrated to what is now the USA and took the country away from native Americans and Hawaiians, imported slaves and imposed their laws and courts and called it freedom.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:55 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,434 times
Quote:
i grew up in bridge view, but lived in Orland park.. Go to 87th and Harlem. you'll see what I am talking about. Entire strip mall is arabic . A friend and I stopped in starbucks. I swear it was 65% muslim inside the place. As well as a worker and when we walked out there were muslims in the drive thru. I couldn't believe my eyes.
I'm thinking it's your after shave or something
I mean, you went to Berlin and managed to attract the attention of some arabic looking people and now you're attracting them at Starbucks

Old 06-28-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Many refer to the area as Little Palestine, reportedly the largest concentration of Palestinians in the US.

I cannot imagine the horror of finding the local Starbucks occupied by Arabs.

Urban and urban- suburban neighborhoods in the US constantly evolve.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ. There are many that want it. They said that it Supersedes the constitution . If they could choose. They would choose the Sharia over the US law because it is gods law.

AG Legal Opinion: Texas Courts Don

The first mosque built in the US was built in 1929, in North Dakota. The oldest still standing mosque was created in the 30's in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

About 1% of the US population identifies as Muslim. It is unknown how many identify as a culture versus religion or which denomination/ sect.

In contrast, Muslims constitute about 15% of Russia's population with the greatest concentration in Moscow.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:24 AM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What has this got to do with Sharia Law?

Why assume Muslims are not citizens?

The state legislate passed this thing. It awaits the governor's signature. The state is not in a position to reimburse any committee for a box of donuts.

States have all sorts of advisory committees along ethnic, religion, age, sex, orientation and so on. None have any authority.

Btw, white Europeans immigrated to what is now the USA and took the country away from native Americans and Hawaiians, imported slaves and imposed their laws and courts and called it freedom.

This has nothing to do with sharia law... yet. We all know how it works, if you give an inch they will take a mile.

I'm not assuming these muslims are not citizens but if they are citizens and not happy with the way things are being run then one recourse is to vote. We are always told to make our voices heard at the ballot box.

Of course most states have special advisory groups but some make more noise (demands) then others and in the current political PC climate it seems that special attention is being given to certain groups while others are being left behind.

BTW... What happened to the native american indians happened centuries ago and today we have evolved and we now know better than to conquer and destroy a civilization. The question is have our new muslim friends learned this lesson as well or do they see us as the indians?

Old 06-29-2016, 10:46 AM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Does anybody seriously think that one day you'll wake up and rape, beheadings and honor killings will be legal in the USA? If so, you are really not in touch with reality.

Besides, if you're worried about Muslim immigrants changing the demographics of our nation in their favor, don't worry, the Mexicans have the numbers to offset them many times over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies