Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 06:08 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Well he was a 'contractor' not one of the 'marines' forced to change their clothes 4 times!
Sounds perfectly plausible to me!
Most of us change clothes every day. Let's find something real to be outraged about. I have lived abroad and known Marines guarding US embassies, and sometimes they wear uniforms, and sometimes they wear civilian clothes. Why someone would get outraged about it is beyond me.

Like I said, it smells like a fake statement, but you are free to believe what you wish,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 06:15 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Here's an interesting with Chris Steven's family spokes person, given to The New Yorker after the hearing report came out.

Chris Stevens

Excellent interview, funny that two GOP congressmen split off with their own version of the report

Chris Stevens sister - well stated.
Quote:
What did you think of Secretary Clinton’s conduct on Benghazi?
She has taken full responsibility, being head of the State Department, for what occurred. She took measures to respond to the review board’s recommendations. She established programs for a better security system. But it is never going to be perfect. Part of being a diplomat is being out in the community. We all recognize that there’s a risk in serving in a dangerous environment. Chris thought that was very important, and he probably would have done it again. I don’t see any usefulness in continuing to criticize her. It is very unjust.

I do not blame Hillary Clinton or Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself.

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-30-2016 at 06:57 AM..

Old 06-30-2016, 06:17 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
One of the heroic military contractors who helped saved many lives during the 2012 Benghazi attacks said on Tuesday the House Benghazi report revealed that politics clearly overrode good decision making during the crisis.

The report revealed that Marines, who were part of a rapid response team in theater, were ordered to change in and out of uniform four times as the State Department worried whether the Libyan government would be offended by American soldiers arriving in their country in uniform.
Benghazi Hero Reacts To Obama Admin's 'Ludicrous' Decisions Revealed By Report

That POS Islamist in the White House should be DEPORTED to the Middle East, and that Saudi-butt kissing- Hillary along with him!

Any parent that would encourage their child to serve in today's U.S. military is not fit to be a parent!
from the article:

"
Among the major findings listed in the report were:
  • The rapid response military team in the theater of operations was ready by never sent: “A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times.”
  • No military assets were sent to Benghazi: “Despite President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s clear orders to deploy military assets, nothing was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost 8 hours after the attacks began.”
  • A White House meeting while the attack was underway, which Hillary Clinton participated in, focused heavily on crafting the false video narrative:With Ambassador Stevens missing, the White House convened a roughly two-hour meeting at 7:30 PM, which resulted in action items focused on a YouTube video, and others containing the phrases ‘[i]f any deployment is made,’ and ‘Libya must agree to any deployment,’ and ‘[w]ill not deploy until order comes to go to either Tripoli or Benghazi.'”

Old 06-30-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Military dropped the ball.

[MOD CUT/off topic].
You SHOULD READ the articles posted BEFORE making false statements.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-30-2016 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 06-30-2016, 06:25 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
One of the heroic military contractors who helped saved many lives during the 2012 Benghazi attacks said on Tuesday the House Benghazi report revealed that politics clearly overrode good decision making during the crisis.

The report revealed that Marines, who were part of a rapid response team in theater, were ordered to change in and out of uniform four times as the State Department worried whether the Libyan government would be offended by American soldiers arriving in their country in uniform.
Benghazi Hero Reacts To Obama Admin's 'Ludicrous' Decisions Revealed By Report

That POS Islamist in the White House should be DEPORTED to the Middle East, and that Saudi-butt kissing- Hillary along with him!

Any parent that would encourage their child to serve in today's U.S. military is not fit to be a parent!

The learned from Bill Clinton. HE ordered the marines that were guarding the USS Cole to have weapons with NO AMMUNITION. This allowed the terrorists to float right up to it in a rubber raft.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:36 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
This statement jumps out-

He added during an interview on Fox’s America’s Newsroom on Wednesday that the report revealed the decision-makers, including Clinton “were more concerned about politics, more concerned about political correctness–not offending the Libyans, and more concerned about developing a cover story, than trying to help us. And it angers me a bit and it pushes me to continue to speak out.”

Old 06-30-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
2004 US Embassy Uzbekistan 2 killed 9 injured

2004 Consulate in Saudi Arabia 8 killed

2006 US Embassy Syria 1 killed

2007 US Embassy Athens grenade nobody died

2008 US Embassy set on fire

2008 US Embassy Yemen 10 killed

2009 House cut the State department budget 1.2 Billion

2011 cut 128 Million

2012 cut 331 Million

No money for security but plenty for hearings. This is complete and total BS

After looking at this for years, weeks and days, anybody who thinks the Rs are not BSing is myopic.
"anybody who thinks the Rs are not BSing is myopic."

I suggest looking int a mirror!

P.S. There was NO attempt in the other indecents to Cover up" ANY of the circumstances.The State Dept TESTIFIED BEFORE CONGRESS THAT MONEY WAS NOT AN ISSUE.

You need to get FACTS BEFORE making a fool of yourself!

Old 06-30-2016, 06:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well a little consistency would be nice, where was all the criticism in the past. No this doesn't have anything to do with politics, the critics just want to make sure this never happens again and that is why they spent a rather large majority of the hearings on the video.
The House R report spends much less time on the video than on the events leading up to the attack and the response during the attack.

otoh, I'd bet anything that you and other defenders of Clinton spend much more time defending her and calling her critics names than reading the reports.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:42 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
from the article:

"
Among the major findings listed in the report were:

• The rapid response military team in the theater of operations was ready by never sent: “A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times.”
  • No military assets were sent to Benghazi: “Despite President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s clear orders to deploy military assets, nothing was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost 8 hours after the attacks began.”
  • A White House meeting while the attack was underway, which Hillary Clinton participated in, focused heavily on crafting the false video narrative:With Ambassador Stevens missing, the White House convened a roughly two-hour meeting at 7:30 PM, which resulted in action items focused on a YouTube video, and others containing the phrases ‘[i]f any deployment is made,’ and ‘Libya must agree to any deployment,’ and ‘[w]ill not deploy until order comes to go to either Tripoli or Benghazi.'”
First two points were already known before this committee convened, the 3rd is a lie.

Here's the ARB, you should read it, the committee should have read it and saved some time and money.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Old 06-30-2016, 06:45 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most of us change clothes every day. Let's find something real to be outraged about. I have lived abroad and known Marines guarding US embassies, and sometimes they wear uniforms, and sometimes they wear civilian clothes. Why someone would get outraged about it is beyond me.

Like I said, it smells like a fake statement, but you are free to believe what you wish,
How often when you change clothes, is it to dress properly right before a mission to potentially save lives.

Like I said, some of you would rather yapyapyap than read the report. FYI, the report has actual testimony; it's not merely the R's inventing partisan conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies