Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 05:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,980,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm female and I can't stand working with other females. The bolded is the exact reason I can't stand it. You can also add in: Repeating their birthing story over, and over, and over, and over again...I really. REALLY am not interested. Nor am I interested in talking about their kid that I've never met in my life. But mostly, it's because they are extremely catty, vicious, backstabbing, whiny, and do anything BUT their work.

I've met a lot of whiny guys, too, but they are the minority compared to guys who do not whine like babies over every little thing.

(Of course it's not all females, it's the majority of them.)
I believe this post is quite overly dramatic, catty, vicious, backstabbing and whiny.
It must run rampant through the work place, of course not all females, it's the majority of them........

Working with women is no different than working with men when you learn to separate work life from personal life, even if those one works with have not learned how to do the same.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,123,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
OP, That's about a 9/10 on the passive-aggressive scale.
Do you need a safe space?

There are some women I work with who have to relate in graphic detail all the female problems they have. I tell them to curb their hormones and I really don't have a desire to know how dry their hoo haa is or their upset that time of the month makes them look fat, etc. One stuck her butt in my face and asked if its too big. All I said was to get that fart maker out of my face.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:15 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,207,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.
My wife hates working with women.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:23 AM

76,883 posts, read 47,198,677 times
Quote:
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors.
I never heard ANYONE say that, and I have been in the workforce all my life.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:24 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,207,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
"Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another." - H.L. Mencken

I don't hate women by any means. I'm a momma's boy. And my favorite people in this world, are all women.

With that said, the idea that men and women are more-or-less equal is downright absurd.

And honestly, men are overly patient when it comes to women, and hold them to a different standard(a lower standard). I always tell my friend, if there was ever a man who behaved like a woman, he would get popped in the face.
I'll never forget in my college days, I had a girlfriend at the time and whenever she and her friends came to a party, they would be very catty toward the other girls that my friends brought. Conversely, whenever my girlfriend's friends brought other guys to the party we would end the night laughing and backslapping these guys like we've known them for years.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:27 AM

23,318 posts, read 17,001,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.

Sounds like you have a problem that needs attention.

Never heard a guy complain about working with women. Complain about an individual woman but not women in general.

More than one woman has confessed they do not like working with other women, especially in a female dominated office.

tough for many women to fit in with a female dominated organization because of coworker atttiude.

Always supported women in the workplace, hoped it would change the culture....just the opposite happened.

Female sr dir and vp.....

"She walks to the side of the hallway and always looks down".....

"did you see what she was wearing, Stirrup pants! you need to talk to her!", said the senior dir who a week later was wearing stirrup pants.

"she dresses like a *****, you need to talk to her" said the female senior director in a major US corporation.

"Oh look we got her! she takes at least one sick day a month off. Sr Dir, well no we can't use that because I take at least one sick day a month. The company owes that to me."

Sr Dir and her fav call me in to complain about a certain she someone...they were spewing innuendo so I asked for examples of demonstrated behavior and they had none....demanded I give her a bad eval. I go to HR, who betrays my confidence, I prevail and become the target of the sen dir and vp.

On the other hand, it proves that gender does not make a whit of difference, it is the individual, no matter the gender.

Unfortunately, the feds and SJ activists falsely advocate diversity of physical characteristics and pretend that it equates to diversity of ideas.....it does not!

It is the culture of the individual workplace that makes the biggest difference and unfortunately with the feds having influence into business, the companies bend over backward to coddle those whom they should normally discard, to create a hellish and inefficient work environment.

Men would not dare besmearch a woman co worker in today's corporations.
One guy hands out Hershey candy kisses, a woman complains she is offended, goes to HR the guy gets probation.

One male sr dir, gets a price break on some books, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ...for Women", thinks he is being a nice guy. He never read the book which is one of a best selling series....woman had complaint about some of the content and he earns a visit to HR.

Small sweat shops are a different story and a thow back to 19th century attitudes.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:35 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,575,970 times
I believe that SOME women can behave more erratic and do less work and get away with it. SOME women I have worked with have used their sexuality to rise in the company. This is not to label all women. Most women are pleasant and do their job. Just my opinion.......

Old 06-30-2016, 06:38 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,977,592 times
How many times have I moved furniture for the spouse only to hear "I liked it better over there where it was before" ...

Old 06-30-2016, 06:44 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,054,161 times
I haven't had too many issues working with most people on a large scale, men or women, because I'm not a judgmental doofus.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:52 AM

28,396 posts, read 16,246,399 times
Quote:
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.

Sounds like you need to start associating with different men, honestly.

I can't think of a single man I've ever known in my 41 years on this Earth that has uttered that sentiment.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies