Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2016, 01:06 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.
That describes most of the men I work with. To me, no different

Old 06-30-2016, 01:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Thanks for helping to prove my point! We're not going to dry up and blow away because you won't "change the water bottle", " open doors for us", or pay for our dinner. If push came to shove we'd just two of us to change the water bottle at work, and then go about our daily business.
Nobody is going to die of thirst because some guy won't replace the empty water bottle in protest. Some of you guys are such children... I swear!
Then why do women keep asking me and men in general do to all those things? get stuff from the high shelf, open jars, lift anything over 10 pounds, etc.

Women like half of equality. Let me know when you have signed up for selective service.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:12 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Then why do women keep asking me and men in general do to all those things? get stuff from the high shelf, open jars, lift anything over 10 pounds, etc.

Women like half of equality. Let me know when you have signed up for selective service.
Where do you work that women spend all day asking men to get stuff from high shelves, open jars or lift boxes? Maybe you are "hot stuff"and those women are just looking for excuses to talk to you.

I don't think I ever asked anyone for that kind of help and I am a weak person but I can still lift a 40 pound box occasionally... Not even when I worked in a supermarket stocking shelves in high school, let alone in an office environment pushing paper. I might not be able to open jars because of my carpal tunnel immediately but Google is my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTmb_lqktY0

Old 06-30-2016, 01:15 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Can't relate. 90%? Maybe it's the area you work in? (I'm a 62 y/o male)

Anyway, if I had 10 bucks for every time I've heard a woman say or post in an employment/workplace forum "I'd rather work for/with men than other women" I'd have a crapload of ten dollar bills.

To much cattiness/drama seems to be the biggest reasons.

I've observed that firsthand over my many years in the corporate world. Amusing as long as it doesn't get in the way of production.

As far a man telling a woman "... most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month",
how low-classed. I don't any man who would say that at work. Not in this day and age.
I agree - Ask the same question to women and the answer will be the same.
Many (if not most) are very competent as both Boss & Emloyee, but the larger the female employee base is, the more problems.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:22 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

Women know how to break a vacuum seal with a knife, use a stepstool, and 10 pounds? Are you kidding? The average rack of ribs I cook in the smoker weighs at least that much.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:28 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Here we go again... "We're physically stronger and can kick ur butt so.... You can't be equal". That's your answer huh... Punch them in the face! I am betting that you and guys like you would have no problem assaulting a woman... If you weren't afraid of the consequences.
You are seriously misunderstanding what I said.

I said that men hold women to a lower standard than they do other men. For instance, men regularly say that women are "irrational", or "crazy", or "*******", etc. But if a man behaved the same way as a woman, the other men wouldn't put up with it. Men let women behave that way, because they are women.

You basically aren't allowed to be irrational as a man. But women largely get a free pass.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:29 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
nope not all. Just the control freakish micromanagement types who have something to prove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well jeez dude, I wonder why? (Exhibit A, this thread.)

And as you obviously resent women being your superiors, I take the above with a jumbo sized salt shaker.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,797 times
This thread makes some people emotional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meg-uQVUTag
It's going to be OK

Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.
It might depend more on the region of the country you live in and your profession? My husband, prior to retirement had a lot of female co workers he like, socialized with and respected. He did have problems with female bosses from time to time; mainly because they either felt totally superior or totally threatened.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:33 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
I've had to warn men who have worked for me over the years to stop their drama, never a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies