Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 05:27 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

For the last years politics has entered the award shows. BET awards is ok but OMG can anyone imagine or ever wishing for a White award show and hoe that would be preceived?

I never even gave that a thought until the overwhelming call that not enough blacks were nominated for the Oscars.

I thought it was about being one of the BEST to be nominated and the best one would win.

The charm, one of a kind and world's best award showinning IMO has changed to count have we nominated enough men, women, people of different religion and different color...and now we have to take into account that someone may be having patents who have a different race and how they want to be seen as Obama considers himself black while his mom was white but that part never is mentioned or hardly ever, only that she had a typical white syndrome to be scared of a black men walking in the street.

Btw I forgot we should have enough gas and lesbians and transgender and probably soon we should add men who have more than 1 wife as Muslims feel that is normal and some muslims like kids to be their wife so pedophiles will now soon be a category to be recognized as reputable men giving young girls a chance.

Wait for the next political speech to trash a Republican and we have what the Oscars have become.

No longer Audrey Hepburn or Denzel Washington winning because they were the best but because they have a certain color or religion.

I guess we rather watch a movie and decide if we like it and skip this show as it probably will eliminate itself by low ratings and than blame Rep. for not watching.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:08 AM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
For the last years politics has entered the award shows. BET awards is ok but OMG can anyone imagine or ever wishing for a White award show and hoe that would be preceived?

I never even gave that a thought until the overwhelming call that not enough blacks were nominated for the Oscars.

I thought it was about being one of the BEST to be nominated and the best one would win.

The charm, one of a kind and world's best award showinning IMO has changed to count have we nominated enough men, women, people of different religion and different color...and now we have to take into account that someone may be having patents who have a different race and how they want to be seen as Obama considers himself black while his mom was white but that part never is mentioned or hardly ever, only that she had a typical white syndrome to be scared of a black men walking in the street.

Btw I forgot we should have enough gas and lesbians and transgender and probably soon we should add men who have more than 1 wife as Muslims feel that is normal and some muslims like kids to be their wife so pedophiles will now soon be a category to be recognized as reputable men giving young girls a chance.

Wait for the next political speech to trash a Republican and we have what the Oscars have become.

No longer Audrey Hepburn or Denzel Washington winning because they were the best but because they have a certain color or religion.

I guess we rather watch a movie and decide if we like it and skip this show as it probably will eliminate itself by low ratings and than blame Rep. for not watching.
I can safely predict that Audrey Hepburn will never again win an Academy Award.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:12 AM

20,322 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Haven't watch one in decades.

They can establish ironclad melanin and genitalia quotas for all I care.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:15 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Notice the Asians and native Americans are absent from the Oscars and no public outcry.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I think every minority that appears in any movie should get an Oscar from now on.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:34 AM

643 posts, read 471,288 times
Just call it the BET awards. This is why most people get their movies on Pirate bay

Old 06-30-2016, 09:58 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
white people have never been marginalized and treated as property by law. straights never had to worry about coming out to anyone or being beat up for being heterosexual.

stop with the white award shows, heterosexual pride day, etc.

just stop

Old 06-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
the oscars have never been about "the best". It has always been said that nominees and wanna be nominees have to campaign for their nominations and then the awards.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:07 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Notice the Asians and native Americans are absent from the Oscars and no public outcry.
You haven't been paying attention.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
I'm ok with having a "Let's Give Black People An Award" awards spectacular.

We can have dozens of categories and always pick a black person.

Best dressed.
Most honest.
Tallest.
Best driver.
Funniest.
Most beautiful.
Best dry humor.
Fastest rebuttal.
Cleanest shirt.

Black people will win 100% of the awards, and they will be proud of those awards and not feel it is being condescending at all.

Of course, it might be easier just to have Oscar categories like Best Black Actor, because that would be so much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies