Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:18 AM

9,732 posts, read 9,682,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Yes, but you can't have one that can fire shells.

And beyond tanks, if criminals will just obtain the weapon they want regardless of laws, why not fully automatic machine guns?

Why do we see so few mass killings by fully automatic machine guns if legality doesn't stop criminal mass killers?
Shells??? We need no stinkin shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPrOIAVUZo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 08:20 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,778,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Tanks are not illegal to own. I know a guy that collects and fires cannons at reenactments.
Fully auto machine guns are also not illegal to own but you need to have a federal firearms license to have one legally and those are not that easy to get.

Guns like the AR15 are very efficient tools and in the hands of psycopaths they are deadly but so are knives, bombs , machettes . I'm surprised that some deranged terrorist hasn't picked up a $10 machette and forced his way onto a school bus loaded with kids and started hacking away.

I recommend you quickly delete the rest of your post so psychos out there don't get any ideas.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:22 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,909,881 times
Quote:
You would think that would be a more preferable weapon for a domestic terrorist or mass killer because it could do far more damage and kill far more civilians than an AR-15.

I wonder why domestic mass killers just don't use tanks? Or why so few use fully automatic machine guns?

Oh that's right, THEY'RE ILLEGAL. (Or highly regulated)

You gun grabbers get crazier each day. I quit wasting my time trying to explain something that some will never understand. Liberals who want nothing but to take away rights for Americans. Liberals/communists.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Why are their fewer violent crimes now than there were a few years ago, despite gun ownership going up?

Causation does not equal correlation.

To address the topic, tanks probably aren't used for mass killings because that's far more work than could possibly be necessary. A tank also doesn't serve much practical use outside of a war so few people, outside of collectors would own a tank (if any outside of collectors own tanks, I'd be a bit surprised). Collectors of guns rarely use them for anything outside of sport or entertainment, if they use them at all.

Banning things doesn't make everything better (see War on Drugs for more information).
But high regulation apparently does. What about fully automatic machine guns? They are very rare in mass shootings.

Is that a consequence of because they are highly regulated or are you going to tell me with a straight face mass killers simply don't want to use them?

Old 06-30-2016, 08:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,372,192 times
Default Oh yeah?

Quote:
You would think that would be a more preferable weapon for a domestic terrorist or mass killer because it could do far more damage and kill far more civilians than an AR-15.

I wonder why domestic mass killers just don't use tanks? Or why so few use fully automatic machine guns?

Oh that's right, THEY'RE ILLEGAL. (Or highly regulated)

Check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnQ5jVGEds

Old 06-30-2016, 08:27 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,723,279 times
Actually the one single cause for all murders is hands. If you don't have hands you can't shoot, stab, choke, throw, or do anything to kill somebody. Hands are brutal killing mechanisms, we have been using them for centuries to hurt all living things.

If we don't create a constitutional ban on hands, everyone will be killed by mass shootings. Anyone born with hands will have them chopped off right away by a special machine. There will be strict oversight on the borders and at hospitals to make sure no spare hands are being sold or stolen into the black market. All jobs then will be given to robots and the government will give us a basic income while we bomb any other place in the world where hands still exist, so they cannot come to attack us.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
You gun grabbers get crazier each day. I quit wasting my time trying to explain something that some will never understand. Liberals who want nothing but to take away rights for Americans. Liberals/communists.
Or maybe I just posed a question you can't squirm a favorable answer to gun ownership out of?

So I'll ask it again: If criminals will be undeterred by stricter gun laws, why do we see so few mass killings by automatic machine guns?

Are you going to tell me with a straight face most mass shooters simply don't want to use an automatic machine gun if they could?

Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,717,905 times
Troll thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Actually the one single cause for all murders is hands. If you don't have hands you can't shoot, stab, choke, throw, or do anything to kill somebody. Hands are brutal killing mechanisms, we have been using them for centuries to hurt all living things.

If we don't create a constitutional ban on hands, everyone will be killed by mass shootings. Anyone born with hands will have them chopped off right away by a special machine. There will be strict oversight on the borders and at hospitals to make sure no spare hands are being sold or stolen into the black market. All jobs then will be given to robots and the government will give us a basic income while we bomb any other place in the world where hands still exist, so they cannot come to attack us.

Hands are not very efficient killing machines without a gun in them.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:33 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,723,279 times
Quote:
Hands are not very efficient killing machines without a gun in them.
Guns are not very efficient killing machines without a hand in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies