Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 11:27 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not once have I heard Obama mention the debt or the deficit. Must be another thing he is blaming Congress for.
Are we supposed to be impressed that you choose to be uninformed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 04:28 AM

128 posts, read 93,399 times
Quote:
Your attitude blaming one part of the other is the problem. It is well documented that the national debt has been generated under multiple presidents and multiple congresses on both sides of the aisle. Yet you blame one side of the aisle. Seriously, deal in fact. Be part of the solution or part of the problem. Blaming one side of the aisle makes you the problem

Did I not say "shame on both parties"

Old 07-03-2016, 05:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,976,495 times
$100 billion is a lot of money, what is the government spending it on?

Old 07-03-2016, 05:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,976,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowtreatments View Post
Did I not say "shame on both parties"
Your topic title seems to place responsibility for the debt solely on leftwing policies.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:28 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,597,003 times
Quote:
Shame on both Parties for mortgaging our children's future. How does Obama and the Rinos not take more heat for this is beyond me. Sadly I think we've reached the point where people are so irresponsible that if you asked them "would you still support entitlements now if u knew it meant complete financial collapse in 30 years" most would say yes. Thank you liberals for corrupting a generation.

National debt jumps nearly $100 billion in one day to record high | Washington Examiner
We can't go bankrupt.

We can experience runaway inflation. But we aren't. The reason we aren't is because the u.s. financial position is actually quite strong, contrary to what the nutters say.

If you think 20trillion in debt is excessive, just look at the amount of debt in the private sector. It puts the government to shame.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:56 AM

58,401 posts, read 26,740,768 times
Quote:
Shame on both Parties for mortgaging our children's future. How does Obama and the Rinos not take more heat for this is beyond me. Sadly I think we've reached the point where people are so irresponsible that if you asked them "would you still support entitlements now if u knew it meant complete financial collapse in 30 years" most would say yes. Thank you liberals for corrupting a generation.

National debt jumps nearly $100 billion in one day to record high | Washington Examiner
Imagine where we would be WITHOUT the Sequester!

Old 07-03-2016, 07:03 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,527,591 times
I warned everybody about this, don't look at me now.

And after $25T territory we're going Greece!!

Old 07-03-2016, 07:08 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,855,613 times
Quote:

Correct, so shame on you for only blaming one side in your thread title. No, those who the "conservatives" vote into office can not be explained away as RINO's. You know who they are and they keep on getting re-elected.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:10 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,855,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
We can't go bankrupt.

We can experience runaway inflation. But we aren't. The reason we aren't is because the u.s. financial position is actually quite strong, contrary to what the nutters say.

If you think 20trillion in debt is excessive, just look at the amount of debt in the private sector. It puts the government to shame.
When the rest of the world discards the dollar as the world currency we can and will go bankrupt. They have already started. In part it's the reasons for the stupid wars.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:10 AM

58,401 posts, read 26,740,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Congress makes the budget, all the president can do is make recommendations.
Way too many voters do NOT follow what politicians do.

EVERY time we have had a government shutdown it has been blamed on the repubs no matter WHAT.

The "media" controls what people know and are told.

H. Bush ran on, "No new taxes".

The dems threatened a shutdown if he didn't cave to their will.

They met at Andrew's Air Force Base for meeting.

H. Bush (foolishly in my opinion) "compromised" with the dems.

The very FIRST thing they did when the meeting was over was to go before the media and instead of saying "we came a a compromise so the gov't will NOT shut down" they proudly stated "W. Bush broke his promise".

Congress submitted a budget Obama would NOT sign and would have forced a shutdown and blamed Congress for "not" compromising when it was HE who yelled to the media , "I will NOT compromise".

The media blasts all over the air-waves that it is the Congress's fault, the average ignorant voter sucks it up.

I am NOT claiming the repubs are without sin but, the major reasons for shutdowns is the dems, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies