Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:26 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,962,185 times

Advertisements

“I’m a real skeptic when it comes to these trade agreements, that in fact they can be laden with crony capitalism, but based on people that have been advising me that I hold in very high esteem, I’m being told that the TPP would in fact advance free trade and so I would support that document,” Johnson said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVC4xEK_6E

Gary Johnson and Hillary voters are peas in a pod.

Gary Johnson represents a real alternative for voters who are demoralized by Hillary.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:35 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,205,755 times
He will ultimately be a spoiler for Hillary.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:48 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,876,603 times
I'm for the TPP and plan on voting for Johnson. I've never voted for a liberal in my life, but we're all peas in a pod... Lol

Tariffs and protectionism do not work. Make the markets as free as possible. Yes the big corporations will have the most to gain, but it will effect the ability for small businesses to move into these countries as well.

Trump speaks out of both sides of his mouth, on one side he wants other countries to open their markets to the US, but he wants to close our markets to them. Sorry, that's not going to happen. The TPP is not perfect, but it's better then the market restrictions that exist now, and I don't believe Trump can negotiate better deals.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:55 PM

39,024 posts, read 27,423,093 times
Which is why I am not really very excited about Gary Johnson. The only person whom I like is Ron Paul.

RON PAUL: These other items are big items for special interest groups... they will deal with wages, unions, environmentalism, human rights, you can think of all the cans of worms they'll open with that.

And it is going to be a big boost for world government, that is a big reason to be opposed to it, they are moving us rapidly to a huge increase in big government and world government.

At the same time it is a Constituional issue. I have always voted against fast track.

The principle is very simple, Congress has the responsiblity to regulate international commerce, that authority is given to the Congress.

Ron Paul is against the so called "free" trade. Gary Johnson is too much of an idealist.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Johnson sold out to fund his retirement.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:20 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,919,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I'm for the TPP and plan on voting for Johnson. I've never voted for a liberal in my life, but we're all peas in a pod... Lol

Tariffs and protectionism do not work. Make the markets as free as possible. Yes the big corporations will have the most to gain, but it will effect the ability for small businesses to move into these countries as well.

Trump speaks out of both sides of his mouth, on one side he wants other countries to open their markets to the US, but he wants to close our markets to them. Sorry, that's not going to happen. The TPP is not perfect, but it's better then the market restrictions that exist now, and I don't believe Trump can negotiate better deals.
So if a corporation sues democratically elected governments that might reduce future profits, its just great? To hell with clean air or worker's rights? Unless you are a billion dollar corporation, why do you think this is so great? Its a push towards private tyranny and pure fascism.

Making sure that our elected officials are not sued because they represent their constituents is now "tariffs and protectionism"?

Old 07-03-2016, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
“I’m a real skeptic when it comes to these trade agreements, that in fact they can be laden with crony capitalism, but based on people that have been advising me that I hold in very high esteem, I’m being told that the TPP would in fact advance free trade and so I would support that document,” Johnson said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVC4xEK_6E

Gary Johnson and Hillary voters are peas in a pod.

Gary Johnson represents a real alternative for voters who are demoralized by Hillary
What self-respecting Democrat or liberal is on board with unfettered free trade?

NO regulations on business at all?

NO social programs?

NO minimum wage?

Frankly, I don't know ONE. Gary Johnson will most likely take votes from Trump.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM

39,017 posts, read 51,026,383 times
Clinton does not support TPP. Maybe she really does, but her official position is no on it. Johnson is right though. It's a good deal for the US vis-à-vis China and it should be passed. I gotta hand it to him for standing up for what is correct in the face of so much ignorance and misinformation being peddled about it.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Clinton does not support TPP.
Yes she does. No one believes her current spin. She doesn't even say she is against it. She says "as it's currently written". That is meaningless. Yes she will likely re write it to give even more of the country away to Wall Street.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes she does. No one believes her current spin. She doesn't even say she is against it. She says "as it's currently written". That is meaningless. Yes she will likely re write it to give even more of the country away to Wall Street.
You are just making things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies