Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:15 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
To be fair, the Swedish media is largely owned by the government. And what media is privately-owned, is controlled by a handful of multinational media conglomerates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_Sweden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnier_Group

Plus, there are quite a few regulations on the media. As in many European countries, there are things like "hate-speech" laws, which make it difficult to criticize immigrants and immigration-policy. And thus, most of the crimes committed by immigrants are ignored or suppressed.

New Swedish Law Criminalizes Anti-immigration Internet Speech

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Sweden

In any case, the media are not representative of the people. They are the same billionaire/financier-class who, as a result of their own economic interests, always support globalism/internationalism. They don't care about the little people.

I like this video. Not all of it. But the quotes about the media I felt are relevant to this discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLyKSYRqXM
Wow, that was an insane video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 01:21 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Wow. Pretty appalling and disturbing. (Your comments)

And whose fault is it when they are raped by someone who looks like them?

FYI, your attitude towards it is counterproductive. You have no idea what the victims' belief systems or attitudes might be. These POS cowards who rape these women are pathetic, but those who blame the victims and say "I told you so" aren't much better.
you clearly didn't watch the video which is in fact, appalling.

whatever you do, continue to ignore the facts presented to you (or keep denying they exist). these aren't my opinions

Sweden is IN FACT the rape capital of Europe, and it's not because of white men.

I am not blaming the victim. but at some point, unless they start demanding change of their terrorist enabling government, they will continue to be the rape capitol of Europe.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just wanted to state that it is weird that you all labeled the gropers as refugees and Muslims based on the victim describing them as "immigrants."

And immigrant in Sweden could be a Polish person....

Where does it say they are Muslim or refugees? Maybe I overlooked it.

But FWIW I am a female and I have been groped as well like she described at various venues here in America. I bet many of the guys posting have either done it to American women/girls or were in a group and didn't stop one of their guy friends from doing it. So to act like this is a scourge of only refugee Muslims is very weird of American men IMO who frequently do the same sorts of assaults and verbal harrassment as well of females in this country.

I feel for the victims and I do agree with Shabazz in that the men should protect the women. I would actually be afraid for a guy to do that to me around my dad, brothers, uncles, male cousins, or my husband, or even my teenage son. The guy would be more assaulted than I am. As a female as well, I would have physically assaulted the guy myself, which is what was done to the perps all the times they messed with me and I was by myself.
they have a different culture in Sweden where is it considered RACIST to even talk about immigration problems, particularly those from Islamic countries.

Watch this video, by a refugee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

at what point is the gov't, not "other white men should have protected them" held accountable?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:30 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This has more to do with Swedish men not protecting their women than multiculturalism not working. multiculturalism made America stronger...
So if I don't have an armed guard at the door to my home, I'm fair fame for anyone to come take my stuff or violate my family in any way they so choose ? And if they do, it's my fault ?

Seriously ????

That isn't multi-culturalism, that's just stupidity ! Multi-culturalism is living a life of mutual respect for others who have various ways, traditions and beliefs, not taking whatever you can get that isn't "protected" as you say, or nailed down.

Last edited by jasper1372; 07-06-2016 at 02:09 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 01:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
well it's really the young girls' fault. I mean, they were there, and they were breathing.

Wasn't that Bob Packwood's excuse?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Wasn't that Bob Packwood's excuse?
in case it wasn't clear, this was obviously sarcasm.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
in case it wasn't clear, this was obviously sarcasm.
Sadly, it apparently wasn't coming from Packwood.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
they have a different culture in Sweden where is it considered RACIST to even talk about immigration problems, particularly those from Islamic countries.

Watch this video, by a refugee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

at what point is the gov't, not "other white men should have protected them" held accountable?
What does your video have to do with the fact that the OP link did not say that the asaulters were refugees or Muslims? An immigrant in Sweden would be anyone who doesn't look to be a Swede, not specifically a Muslim or Arab refugee.

Also, I do not take youtube as a source for anything. Anyone can upload anything on youtube.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What does your video have to do with the fact that the OP link did not say that the asaulters were refugees or Muslims? An immigrant in Sweden would be anyone who doesn't look to be a Swede, not specifically a Muslim or Arab refugee.

Also, I do not take youtube as a source for anything. Anyone can upload anything on youtube.
because anyone who hasn't had their head buried in the sand for the last year knows all about the growing # of rapes and gropings in Europe as a direct result of the increased # of asylum seekers from African countries and the middle east.

your PC approach is laughable. it just makes you look uninformed. that's your choice.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
you clearly didn't watch the video which is in fact, appalling.

whatever you do, continue to ignore the facts presented to you (or keep denying they exist). these aren't my opinions

Sweden is IN FACT the rape capital of Europe, and it's not because of white men.

I am not blaming the victim. but at some point, unless they start demanding change of their terrorist enabling government, they will continue to be the rape capitol of Europe.
Of course I didn't watch your garbage YouTube video which has nothing to do with this story. I'm not denying any problem, but once again, we have bunch of hot air, yet zero practical solutions from the usual suspects. Just the tired and canned, "I told you so" responses. Big help.

And yeah, you are blaming the rape victim. "They can vote, right?". Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies