Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:04 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,897,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That's essentially what the father said in his defense. "Too bad about the kid, but at least I still have my Precious."
Careful with that link, malware....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
We need to ban fathers...

Serious note, that was stupid of him. He should have put the gun down before going to fix his shirt.

There'd be no 'stupid' if our foresight was as sharp as our hindsight.

I feel sorry for the man who will have to live with this the rest of his life.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:40 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,418,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Far more children die on playgrounds and in car wrecks. If you allow them to play or ride in a car, you should not have children. Cars kill. Playgrounds kill. Pools kill.
But none of those are intentionally designed and purpose built to kill others. Unless of course you think they were primarily designed as noise makers to idiotically fire into the air on New Years eve.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
That's essentially what the father said in his defense. "Too bad about the kid, but at least I still have my Precious."

Florida dad won
That last sentence is precious "It's just a great loss". So flippant. What a mentally ill person who clings to his guns to that extent. Oh well, my kid is dead but hey, I got my guns! Idiot.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:52 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,591,913 times
Tragic. Feel for the father. At the same time thank God it was his own child and not someone elses or we might be talking about two deaths here.

Is there something to take away from this at all? I don't know. Wear tight fitting under armour shirts when you shoot? Invest in a roll of duck tape?

Some things are just odd.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:14 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,929,991 times
Quote:

Florida dad won

BS, I didn't read that in what he said at all. What he said was the truth that you gun grabbers don't understand. He admitted that he killed his son and not the gun. Most intelligent people would realize that fact. Also, he did not pass off his son's death in the manner you want to present it here. You people will go to any means to try and make guns and gun owners as evil. I say BS.

Go to a communist country and live, they will satisfy your need to have all of your rights taken away by the government.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:18 AM

19,701 posts, read 10,038,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
But none of those are intentionally designed and purpose built to kill others. Unless of course you think they were primarily designed as noise makers to idiotically fire into the air on New Years eve.
Guns have other purposes too. Hunting for food, and target shooting. Don't blame all target shooters because one person got careless. Accidental gun deaths of children are very rare.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:25 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,192,652 times
Gun laws don't prevent accidental death by otherwise law-abiding citizens.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:33 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,738,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Excellent point. And cars do have to be registered right?

Nothing in the constitution says you have a right to not register guns.
No, cars do not have to be registered. Cars only need to be registered if they are driven on public roads. You can drive your unregistered car on your private property all day long.

Registration would stop any of these gun issues, so I do not see the point in it. Many people who use guns in violent crimes are possession of them illegally, so the registration would not help that out at all. People who legally own them and use them in violence, the gun being registered would not magically make them decide not to commit the crime.

So, what would registering do?

Old 07-05-2016, 10:35 AM

19,701 posts, read 10,038,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, cars do not have to be registered. Cars only need to be registered if they are driven on public roads. You can drive your unregistered car on your private property all day long.

Registration would stop any of these gun issues, so I do not see the point in it. Many people who use guns in violent crimes are possession of them illegally, so the registration would not help that out at all. People who legally own them and use them in violence, the gun being registered would not magically make them decide not to commit the crime.

So, what would registering do?
They know it doesn't matter, they are control freaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies