Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 05:28 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I see the usual suspects are out in support of murderers even with damning evidence of their guilt. And certain people wonder why the black community has to remind the world that black lives matter. This is why! There is no other race whose lives are treated so casually by those who have the power to take lives. Those same people want unrestricted access of firearms to all Americans which would effectively make black people even more likely to be shot like this. No firearms for anyone please. Especially not local law enforcement. I'm serious.
Let's be honest here. There appears to be no other race whose lives are treated so casually by their own. If more blacks had guns, chances are that even more blacks would be shot by one another. See Chicago news for the 4th of July weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 05:28 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police say they came to the scene early Tuesday after an anonymous 911 caller reported a man threatening him with a gun.
I see. So another worthless thug will become a hero for BLM...

BLM can keep digging their own grave with this kind of stuff.

Anyone who threatens anyone else with a gun should have no reasonable expectation to continue to live, especially while still armed and dangerous. The slightest move, and the police are quite justified in removing the threat for good.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:29 PM

599 posts, read 401,546 times
Quote:
I disagree. If this shooting had been in Brooklyn, or Queens, maybe. Or even Philly or Chi Town. The south? No. Too much fear. All the family of the victims of these murders in the south ever want to do is call for peace and put it behind and move on. That's why Sharpton has to go down and fire folks up. Your insinuations that people are going to need the National Guard to keep order is actually kind of insulting. I have not seen any evidence of violence.
I didn't mean it to come across as insulting instead I suggested that the National Guard be placed on standby due to the fact that such a shooting that almost appears to be execution style is likely to cause major problems as many African Americans in these areas do not have any faith or trust in the police. No violence may have happened yet though remember Ferguson, Missouri started out the same way so it's only a precaution that law enforcement prepare themselves.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
We will find out when, and if, a white suspect is ever killed in this fashion by a black officer...
Uh; most of us "whities" would probably say "oh well" and, probably tell the Black cops, job well done. Our kind usually DON'T stick up for even white dirt balls with many priors, especially felonies.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Instead of selling drugs, assaulting people, and becoming a convicted felon he should have had a job.
Would you give him one? Would you give me one? Black men are six in every 100 people. How many people at your hospital? How many are black men? And don't even try to run that its because black men don't apply themselves or aren't somehow... something. It's bias pure and simple, and after enough generations of bias a certain percentage of black men turned to crime. A certain percent of white men turn to crime as well when they can't make it on straight up middle class job credentials. I give a pass to this late example of bias but I need to ask why you don't have as much scorn for those men who have it waiting on a platter for them but they still choose to drop out and turn low life. To explain Alton Sterling you have to go back at least 40 years! He had no chance. Period. His kids have no chance. If tomorrow the hearts and minds of the ruling class were opened to the human wreckage of bias it would still take another 40 years before you had total black/white parity as to attainment. There will be more of these Alton Sterlings, Michael Browns, Walter Scotts, Freddie Grays. When and if you realize that the fault is not theirs and that it won't be by any efforts or actions of theirs that turn the tide we will get somewhere... in about 40 years plus/minus 20.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:36 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
I know, I know, some of them are white! Big scary white guys with very bad attitudes. Car jacking, breaking and entering, armed robbery, domestic violence! You think its only black men that do this stuff?! Come on, level with me though, do you think the lid would stay on this country if every other month some white guy was on YouTube video being wrestled into submission by police officers and then shot to death?.
You do realize that the majority of people killed by police are white, right? (And it is not even close, nearly 50% more than the next race).

Old 07-06-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Let's be honest here. There appears to be no other race whose lives are treated so casually by their own. If more blacks had guns, chances are that even more blacks would be shot by one another. See Chicago news for the 4th of July weekend.
I am in complete disagreement. Black on black murder is almost exclusively gang related. White on white murder is almost exclusively NOT gang related! I don't know... I am more horrified at the many tawdry true crime stories that involve white people from whatever social strata they might be from. They have everything, jobs, money, fame sometimes, OJ was a one off and by all accounts he was not completely in touch with his blackness. But white on white crime is plentiful and the total disregard whites have for their own lives witness the off the charts suicide statistics... you should revisit what you have written here. It's full of bias!

Old 07-06-2016, 05:37 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
It's unbelievable and quite alarming that many on the left want the police to treat ARMED AND DANGEROUS THUGS with kid gloves!

What if that thug were threatening you or a loved one?!

Old 07-06-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
You do realize that the majority of people killed by police are white, right? (And it is not even close, nearly 50% more than the next race).
How many are unarmed and/or unresisting? How many are running away? How many are female? How many die in custody? Given that whites are in some cases 7x as numerous as other races a 2:1 ratio does not impress me at all.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The police were called because he threatened someone with a gun. He has a long list of felonies including a felon in illegal possession of a gun. Still, I don't know if he did anything to get shot.

Where are protestors for the 60 who were shot in Chicago over the weekend, mostly by gangs?
Stop trying to argue that the 2 are the same.

People dont have to protest gang violence because No one is going to claim those people are innocent, and when they get caught, they go to jail, the same isnt true of cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies