Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I wonder why it took Carlson and Kelly 10 yrs to reveal this? I don't know any conservative women who would have sat silent.
I'd bet my last dollar you do know some and they did keep quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 12:25 PM

57,266 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/bu...isal.html?_r=0

Ailes' downfall was that he never thought that resentful, but intelligent women had the guts to out him and the culture he had created.
It was a career ender but I give her a lot of credit and she sounds very believable, she was moving up and then she was fired. She sued them and won but just came out and told all although she had a non-disclosure in her settlement.

Quote:
Recalling the encounter in a recent phone interview, Ms. Bakhtiar said she was thrilled and told Mr. Wilson she would make him proud. But, she said, he repeated himself, asking, “You know how I feel about you?” When she asked him what he meant, he said, “Well, I’d like to see the inside of your hotel room,” adding that he wanted a friends-with-benefits relationship.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Obviously complaining to HR was the best way to get fired.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:25 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This is all most assuredly true.
Good article here:
Roger Ailes Clearly Underestimated Gretchen Carlson

Expect more exits, Megan Kelly for one, maybe more.

Greta Van Sustern is sticking up for Ailes, but she didn't get harassed
as the others were.

I would expect Ailes to settle these cases and retire.

Murdoch will push him out.
It comes as no surprise he didn't harass Greta Van Sustern.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
It comes as no surprise he didn't harass Greta Van Sustern.
Don't be so sure just because she came to his defense.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
No, most conservatives I know work for themselves. The chances are slim they had to keep quiet to keep their job. Also, many are strong enough, bold enough to tell the man were to stick it, if need be.

Looks like many are not on Kelly or Carlson's side.......

Fox News Hosts Opting to Leave Network If Ailes Is Forced Out
According to Breitbart News, hosts Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Greta Van Susteren, Shepard Smith, Bret Baier, Eric Bolling, Neil Cavuto, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Laura Ingraham, Geraldo Rivera, Juan Williams, Jeanine Pirro, Bo Dietl, Monica Crowley, as well as the "Fox & Friends" hosts, would be agreeable to leave if Ailes is forced out.

In addition, at least 50 Fox News contributors would also be inclined to leave, Breitbart reports.

The Financial News already reported that O'Reilly, Hannity and Susteren all had clauses in their contracts allowing them to walk if Ailes left, but the latest development indicates Kelly's allegation of being sexually harassed by Ailes has opened a rift at the beleaguered network.

"If Fox wants to become the 'all about Megyn Network,' that's fine," an unnamed Fox News host tells Breitbart News. "We stand with Roger. And real anger has emerged that the so-called Megyn incident happened 10 years ago. The consensus among the hosts and contributors is: 'Why didn't she say anything then? Really, the same woman that posed half naked in GQ? The same woman on Howard Stern saying what?'"

Breitbart News quotes another unnamed Fox News Channel host saying: "If Megyn Kelly wants to leave, we are fine with that. Good riddance."

Wonder if they both thought the ground would shake and they would all run to their sides.....doesn't seem to be going their way!

Old 07-26-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No, most conservatives I know work for themselves. The chances are slim they had to keep quiet to keep their job. Also, many are strong enough, bold enough to tell the man were to stick it, if need be.

Looks like many are not on Kelly or Carlson's side.......

Fox News Hosts Opting to Leave Network If Ailes Is Forced Out
According to Breitbart News, hosts Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Greta Van Susteren, Shepard Smith, Bret Baier, Eric Bolling, Neil Cavuto, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Laura Ingraham, Geraldo Rivera, Juan Williams, Jeanine Pirro, Bo Dietl, Monica Crowley, as well as the "Fox & Friends" hosts, would be agreeable to leave if Ailes is forced out.

In addition, at least 50 Fox News contributors would also be inclined to leave, Breitbart reports.

The Financial News already reported that O'Reilly, Hannity and Susteren all had clauses in their contracts allowing them to walk if Ailes left, but the latest development indicates Kelly's allegation of being sexually harassed by Ailes has opened a rift at the beleaguered network.

"If Fox wants to become the 'all about Megyn Network,' that's fine," an unnamed Fox News host tells Breitbart News. "We stand with Roger. And real anger has emerged that the so-called Megyn incident happened 10 years ago. The consensus among the hosts and contributors is: 'Why didn't she say anything then? Really, the same woman that posed half naked in GQ? The same woman on Howard Stern saying what?'"

Breitbart News quotes another unnamed Fox News Channel host saying: "If Megyn Kelly wants to leave, we are fine with that. Good riddance."

Wonder if they both thought the ground would shake and they would all run to their sides.....doesn't seem to be going their way!

Did you notice most of the people you referenced are men and many of the women you mentioned will land on their feet if they left Fox News.

Breitbart says....LOL

Where is Hannity and Susteren going, CNN, MSNBC PBS, give me a break.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 PM

O'Reilly has already had one person file sexual harassment charges against him by somebody who worked there at Fox. I don't remember exactly how it all played out, so, I could be mistaken, but it seems like I remember hearing that O'Reilly paid her off and he didn't have to admit in court to any kind of wrong-doing.

Point is, I think that gives some credibility to the women that accuse Roger Ailes of sexual harrassment. I think once Meghan Kelly admitted that Roger Ailes hugged her in a way that made her feel uncomfortable, that's what really did Roger Ailes in.

Another high flyer falls from Grace.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:

I wonder why it took Carlson and Kelly 10 yrs to reveal this? I don't know any conservative women who would have sat silent.
Word on the street is because Gretchen Carlson's afternoon program was cancelled. Until Meghan Kelly came forward, it was pretty much "he said- she said".

The reason Meghan Kelly came forward was because she was called in by a lawyer, or a judge, and I suppose she was under oath, and she testified that several years ago, Roger Ailes hugged her in a way that made her feel uncomfortable.

It must have been a very close and passionate hug he gave Meghan Kelly, for her to feel uncomfortable.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:33 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,560 times
I noticed Martha MacCallum and Bill Hummer aren't on the list of those who would leave with A. Interesting. They are my favorite newscasters by the way. And I like Gretta.

Can't say I'm really surprised about this. I did hear an interview of Gretchen when her book first came out. She was talking about it then and discussed the s. abuse she had experienced in her life. So, it's possible she's pretty sensitive to any of that...not that it's not wrong to be sensitive and not that it didn't happen the way she's saying....

I wonder if we'll ever really know the truth. How many others were afraid of their jobs, had contracts that wouldn't allow them to speak, etc.

But something has bothered me for quite a while about this station. While I do listen to their news and some of the commentators, I refuse to watch programs like The Five and Outnumbered, which appear to me to be more about the legs and the arms than the news. If I wanted to see pretty bodies I'd watch E or something. I always wondered, what temp. do they keep those studios at, 80°? All winter they wear skimpy short sleeveless dresses.

However, it occurs to me that years and years ago the thing was all the lady newscasters wore long sleeved sweaters - 1 size too small.

It'll be interesting to see what changes there will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies