Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 09:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Ignorance. Most professional journalists, especially those who profess to being objective, do not register as partisan.

The rest of your post is an incoherent rant IMO.
Like you thinking Carlson is a Conservative because she made a comment..... If it makes you sleep at night thinking these women are Conservative......sweet dreams!

By the way I am not conservative, so nothing off my shoulders to call it as I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 10:32 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thats a tad unfair. I dont think most Republicans viewed him as a hero, just another businessman.
That's because Ailes had run Fox for a long time.
He began his professional live as a speechwriter for Nixon, and went on to be an adviser for Reagan, was GHW Bush's campaign manager in 1988, and worked for various Republican interests until Murdoch offered him the mob as Fox News' chief, even in his brief tenure at MSNBC, just before he went to Fox.

Ailes is the reason why Fox became such a conservative news center; from the first, that's exactly how Ailes planned it to become. And while cable was the only place where 24 hour news was available, Fox became the equivalent of talk radio, a constant companion for older people and stay-at- homes.

But now, the internet has taken over, especially as cell phones integrated into the net. There are many options now than just cable, and the cell phone as made the lonely less lonely. These days, breaking news is the big thing on cable, not the news-talk shows.
Rupert's sons are much more on top of things than their aging father, who's now in his 80s, and they are running his international empire now.

With Ailes gone, Fox will change. How and what the changes will be is something known only to the Murdoch brothers, but they definitely are on top of what's happening within their vast news empire. Don't expect to see line-ups of one show full of talking heads after another any more. I'm sure there will be much more breaking news, and much less commentary in the future.

The Murdoch brothers understand they have to capture their share of the new demographic groups who are now emerging, and don't watch Fox. The millennials are now the largest age group in the nation, and are mature adults who are engaged in society, are working, raising families, and don't share very much with their boomer generation parents. Hooking them will require a much different strategy than it did the boomers.

The second most powerful demographic now are women. Women spend more, are more socially engaged, are graduating college more than men, and are now major players in all facets of American life. They don't watch Fox, either.
So I expect to see fewer blondes, less bimbo, more focus on female issues, less objectification, and stuff like that to happen soon, probably as a first step, as women of all ages and everything else share more issues in common than do men. I also expect to see many more people of color, a wider age spread in the on-air staff, and other things that are lacking on Fox now.

Last edited by banjomike; 07-25-2016 at 10:41 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 10:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Like you thinking Carlson is a Conservative because she made a comment..... If it makes you sleep at night thinking these women are Conservative......sweet dreams!

By the way I am not conservative, so nothing off my shoulders to call it as I see it.
Yeah, you're a conservative. Big time.

And Gretchen Carlson is a conservative too; of the absolute nutty variety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thats a tad unfair. I dont think most Republicans viewed him as a hero, just another businessman.
Ailes is a conservative hero. Come on man, get real. Read the first few pages of this thread and read how these wingnuts were defending him before Megan Kelly pretty much did him in.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
FOX is still No.1 in cable news......even with the LWNJ's that post here....
Murdoch sending you a check?
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Well that explains how that bimbo Tomi Lahren got a gig on fox lol she definitely didn't make it with her brains.
She's too shrill to last long. She'll eventually say something stupid enough to get her fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wow, no signs of being a gender bigot from you.

Considering she graduated from UNLV and interned for a congresswoman, she must have a brain cell or two.
Two.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:16 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Ailes is a conservative hero. Come on man, get real. Read the first few pages of this thread and read how these wingnuts were defending him before Megan Kelly pretty much did him in.

I guarantee you that there are plenty of us "wingnuts" who aren't as impressed with Megyn Kelly as you obviously are.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I guarantee you that there are plenty of us "wingnuts" who aren't as impressed with Megyn Kelly as you obviously are.
I'm not talking about Megyn Kelly. I'm talking about Roger Ailes.

Megyn Kelly? What are you talking about?

Old 07-26-2016, 12:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:

I remember as a kid referring to John Wayne as a hero in my Dad's presence. He corrected me with "John Wayne is an actor. Audie Murphy was a hero."

Ailes is no hero. Conservatives blindly defend other conservatives and liberals blindly defend other liberals regardless of hero status.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I remember as a kid referring to John Wayne as a hero in my Dad's presence. He corrected me with "John Wayne is an actor. Audie Murphy was a hero."

Ailes is no hero. Conservatives blindly defend other conservatives and liberals blindly defend other liberals regardless of hero status.
Ailes isn't my hero. But to conservatives he was DEFINITELY a hero and Demigod.

John Wayne? LMAO....love his movies, but i personally can't stand the man. I'm with your father on that one.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:37 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Audie Murphy was a hero.
Audie Murphy, who weighed under 120 lbs., perhaps pound for pound was the finest soldier ever to wear an American military uniform. His combat exploits were so numerous and remarkable that they dwarf those of the legendary Sgt. Alvin York of WWI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

He also was a good actor. His "Red Badge of Courage" is one of the most haunting war films that I've seen, even though famed director John Huston believed the studio had butchered it, destroying one of his finest films.

Jimmy Stewart was the one mainline Hollywood actor who legitimately was a war hero. Fortunately, he was never shot down and captured in his dozens of flights over Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...litary_service

I guess by Donald Trump's logic both Stewart, or even Audie Murphy, would have been deemed non-heroes if they had been captured. Trump, who famously pinned that label on John McCain, who flew 23 missions over Vietnam before his plane was shot down by a missile and he was captured. He spent over five years in a prison camp, where he was tortured and suffered permanent injuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M...nam_assignment

Based on his dastardly attack on John McCain, Trump IMO perhaps arguably has even less respect for combat veterans than he does for women who are the victims of sexual harassment in the workplace.

I don't watch Fox News often, but I've often wondered why a conservative news network didn't eviscerate Trump after his comments about McCain. I suspect you can blame that "pass" on Trump's good buddy, Roger Ailes.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:

Guess you have now appointed yourself the I know what You Are of City Data committee......you have way too much time on your hands and you have no idea who I am.

All one has to do is read her career she doesn't have a Conservative platform. Conservative women would not have 50 youtube videos catching upskirt shots.

Quote:
Ailes isn't my hero. But to conservatives he was DEFINITELY a hero and Demigod.

John Wayne? LMAO....love his movies, but i personally can't stand the man. I'm with your father on that one.
Now I see why so may are running to his side.......

I wonder why it took Carlson and Kelly 10 yrs to reveal this? I don't know any conservative women who would have sat silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies