Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You are at such a shallow level of understanding here. It's way past Dems v. Pubs.

The FBI had to rewrite the law to include an intent element that Congress did not intend for this criminal statute. The FBI added that if a person does violate this law, even though in the past they would be criminally charged--whether Democrat or Republican--that person would now, due to the overhaul of the law, have had to intend to harm the US, which she did not do.

Congress did not pass this statute that criminalized gross negligence with that additional element in the law. She so clearly violated the law, the FBI described her actions as "careless" and "reckless," failed in her obligation to keep national security secrets which likely got in the hands of foreign governments.

This is serious. I know you may not understand, but this is serious. I cannot understand why she thinks she is qualified to be President of the United States. No integrity whatsoever. I can't understand why Democrats are not demanding the DNC put in someone worthy of the office. I would insist Biden run at a minimum.

FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook | National Review
Why do you feel this is sufficient for criminal charges based on past history and other secretaries of state and other cabinet members. What precedent has there been relative to other officials
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 07:10 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Paul Ryan against James Comey is like sending Bart Simpson into a MENSA meeting. Ryan will get butchered.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Comey is a lifelong Republican. He also has the reputation for being impossible to muscle politically and he is in year 3 of a ten year term. He can't be fired by the President. The conclusions and recommendation were his own.
Not only this, but people in both parties have always said he's above reproach and able to remain fair without letting politics get in the way.

I don't know what happened that they were unable to recommend prosecution, but I don't think he can be bought. In fact, when the hacks in the Bush administration wanted to push something through he felt was a violation of the constitution, he put his letter of resignation on the President's desk. Bush and his cronies backed down at that point. And Comey doesn't talk about it, but others have stated he's Republican.

I didn't like his position during the Apple case, I'm disappointed by this outcome, but I think Comey is one of the few people worthy of respect and trust in government right now, so I'll be interested in hearing what he has to say during his testimony.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:19 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
She is going to rattle some big skeletons in those closets , and they doing everything they can, to keep her from that place of power !

Old 07-06-2016, 07:22 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You are at such a shallow level of understanding here. It's way past Dems v. Pubs.

The FBI had to rewrite the law to include an intent element that Congress did not intend for this criminal statute. The FBI added that if a person does violate this law, even though in the past they would be criminally charged--whether Democrat or Republican--that person would now, due to the overhaul of the law, have had to intend to harm the US, which she did not do.

Congress did not pass this statute that criminalized gross negligence with that additional element in the law. She so clearly violated the law, the FBI described her actions as "careless" and "reckless," failed in her obligation to keep national security secrets which likely got in the hands of foreign governments.

This is serious. I know you may not understand, but this is serious. I cannot understand why she thinks she is qualified to be President of the United States. No integrity whatsoever. I can't understand why Democrats are not demanding the DNC put in someone worthy of the office. I would insist Biden run at a minimum.

FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook | National Review
That is the real issue-

1. Is there uniform enforcement of justice in america?

2. Are high ranking politicians now immune to prosecution?

3. Can the FBI rewrite the law?

4. Can the FBI "refuse to prosecute" (I thought thier job was enforcement).

5. Was a deal made between the Clintons and the Obama admin?

6. Would another citizen be sent for consideration of prosecution in the same situation?

7, IS the Clinton Foundation investigation (which is being conducted by individual states and foreign nations), now completely forbidden?

Old 07-06-2016, 07:24 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why do you feel this is sufficient for criminal charges based on past history and other secretaries of state and other cabinet members. What precedent has there been relative to other officials
We can start with colin powell....my oh my how short the left's memories are.....

Old 07-06-2016, 07:33 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is the real issue-

6. Would another citizen be sent for consideration of prosecution in the same situation?

7, IS the Clinton Foundation investigation (which is being conducted by individual states and foreign nations), now completely forbidden?
These are all super questions. I expect Comey to obfuscate his way through the questioning. However, my one hundred C-D bucks say there ain't no Perry Mason moment (most all the kids here have no idea what I'm talking about) coming to that hearing.

El Nox

Old 07-06-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is the real issue-

In matters like this, their role is to investigate and make a recommendation to the DOJ who then makes the final decision on what to do.

That's why when she got caught in her private meeing, Lynch - who didn't want to do the right thing and recuse herself from this case - said she would accept whatever the FBI recommended.

I'm thinking they just didn't have enough irrefutable evidence to nail the teflon queen, because even if there was a deal, and I believe there was between Lynch and the Clinton's, that wouldn't stop Comey from making a recommendation, and making it public - kind of painting the DOJ into a corner.

He very carefully did something he doesn't do, however, in making an announcement on his findings. He then used that to blast Hillary before reminding people that others in similar situations had received sanctions and other consequences. He did that to let the public know that that is what should happen. But we all know it won't.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Comey had no qualms putting Martha Stewart in jail, but the Clinton Liar's duo lies and gets away with it.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Comey had no qualms putting Martha Stewart in jail, but the Clinton Liar's duo lies and gets away with it.
The only similarity in cases is that both defendants are women.

People should stop reading pap online and spewing it here, as though it makes any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies