Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 09:53 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have not (and will not) read all the posts, so perhaps this has been covered.
I see repeatedly in what posts I did read that High School is "free", so college should be "free" as well.
I am amazed that there are people who think that K-12 education is FREE!

Nobody has made that argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 10:12 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have not (and will not) read all the posts, so perhaps this has been covered.
I see repeatedly in what posts I did read that High School is "free", so college should be "free" as well.
I am amazed that there are people who think that K-12 education is FREE!
I am reminded that it is NOT free every time I see what the State took out of my mortgage escrow account for "school taxes", and every time the school district wants to increase the mil levy so they get more money.
"FREE" college will be exactly the same! What will they tax to pay for it? Will it be another "sin tax" such as the tobacco tax? No, sorry, that won't work, just as the things that are already paid for with it are going broke. Smokers quit or die, so the tax revenue is drying up.
Maybe they can pattern it after the fuel taxes that are supposed to pay for roads and bridges. No, because that is drying up, too, as the fuel economy mandates and high prices mean that less fuel is being sold, so less tax money is coming in.
We elderly folks are paying for the K-12 schools YOUR kids are going to. We do not want to pay for YOUR kids to go to college as well!
So, are you against tax funded high schools or not? Is it a common theme that most of the people who are against it dont have children or grandchildren?

Old 07-08-2016, 03:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
America has 301.3 million million people. How many illegals will Hillary make citizens? And how much money will this transition cost the US government?

Can you please provide a source verifying this. And how much will it cost?

How much money do these things cost the US government?

And if Trump gets elected who's dancing with the money in their hands?

You need a dose of reality Chad. First of all, the "Government" has no money. It gets its money from "Citizens" that pay taxes. Why don't you ask "How much is it going to cost all of us, not the "Government. That's what's wrong with some of you folks. You think we are living in a Communist Society, where you can dip your hands in my pockets at a whim. It doesn't work that way.

People with common sense don't need to be "spoon fed" figures and sources, to know that the Illegal Aliens are costing the People a lot of money, and if it was only hundreds, instead of Millions and Millions, it would still be too much to spend on Criminals that should not be here in the first place. When all these Middle East Imports come here, are you under the assumption that they are bringing "Money" with them, when they don't even have papers to prove who they are or where they are from? How much do you think it costs us to finance a family to a home, clothes, food, an all the other extras that we all have to work for. If my tax dollars are going for this, its my right to object, and demand it goes to Americans here, that need it, not people that made a shambles out of their own Country and now are doing the same to places that take them in.

And who is "Dancing" with the money in their hands now? Get a grip. People like Hillary. and Bill, and they want to make sure they can keep on dancing with it. Why do you think big Banks are supporting her, and why she is getting Donations for her Foundation? Because folks think she is cute? Your still on the rails of the Liberal RR Track, and that is what they like. If you get Hillary, you will deserve her. Doesn't affect me either way. I am good for the haul, and will sit back and watch.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And yet, that is how you got your education.

That's a lie. Higher education is not free, unless you get a Scholarship, and then it still costs money. Why not try telling the truth. If what you say is true, thei thread would not be here, would it.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't have high hopes that you will understand the point.

I understand your point precisely. You want something for nothing. No degree needed to understand that. However, your not alone. There are thousands just like you, that think Government picks their money off of trees, and not from the Taxpayers pockets. I get it. An "investment" for me is buying a New Suburban, not buying you or anyone else free time in a University. That's your responsibility. If you don't want to work for it, and are able, I could not care less. Go live in a cardboard box, and eat dog food. .

Old 07-08-2016, 04:12 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So, are you against tax funded high schools or not? Is it a common theme that most of the people who are against it dont have children or grandchildren?
I support "free" education for CHILDREN but I don't want to pay a dime to pay for any ADULT.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:16 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,534,907 times
Lets just make sure we tax these big corporation and their recorded profits. Time for them to pay up!

Old 07-08-2016, 04:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Lets just make sure we tax these big corporation and their recorded profits. Time for them to pay up!
All business taxes are passed down to the consumer? Why the need for the middleman other than to hide the tax from the ignorant who will still pay it?

"I want to pay a tax that is hidden from me"

Old 07-08-2016, 04:27 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Another idiotic response.

Guess where most of those corporate profits go.

To the tens of millions of American workers and retirees who have pension/retirement account investments. $27 trillion worth. Teachers, firemen, every other public employee, workers with 401Ks, IRAs, etc... ALL benefit from the corporate profits that make the value of their retirement funds grow.

$27 trillion in pension/retirement investments means lots of attention | Fiduciary Matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cKMWAeESIg

Old 07-08-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:

They don't pay their own Taxes. WE pay them. They are charged Tax, and they hand the bill to us by tacking it on their products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies