Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 05:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Yeah, the "white cop/black victim" thing is just a smokescreen. The real issue is that police officers in this country are being taught that it's OK to murder innocent civilians.
Smokescreen? ... maybe not the best word to describe the continuing deliberate effort on the part of almost all major media to stir up racial animosity in America and generally support the racist left wing narrative. The race of the officer involved in a shooting is always stressed, when he is white.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Yeah, the "white cop/black victim" thing is just a smokescreen. The real issue is that police officers in this country are being taught that it's OK to murder innocent civilians.
this along with a great deal of white society doesn't really "believe" blacks are discriminated against. far too many whites believes black victims of police killings are "thugs" or guilty in some way and the police are without fault.

no one should die for a broken taillight or is it just open season on the black population by police?

Old 07-07-2016, 06:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Disagree. Are blacks often less respected than other groups of people? Yes probably so. BUT you have to ask yourself WHY THAT IS. Is it because non-blacks are inherently racist towards blacks or is it because black people GIVE REASON for non-blacks to dislike and distrust them? I'm thinking most of the time its the latter.

Blacks have been given NURMEROUS OPPORTUNITIES to prove themselves to be peaceful, decent people and while many of them are, there are also many of them that ARE NOT. This isn't a case of blacks continually proving themselves to be peaceful, nice people and non-blacks discriminating against them regardless of that. This is a case of blacks CONSTANTLY behaving badly EVEN WHEN people give them the benefit of the doubt time and again. Seriously do you expect people to give black people infinite chances to shape up and finally behave like civil people or do you at some point say enough is enough and give them less benefit of the doubt BECAUSE THEY DON'T DESERVE IT??

On a personal level, lets say your neighbor often asks you to borrow your lawnmower to use and everytime he returns it to you, its kinda busted and you're forced to fix it before you can use it yourself. You tell your neighbor to be more careful but it still happens over and over again and with no end in sight, are you telling me that you're not going to eventually get fed up with your neighbor and stop lending your mower to him because based on their past behavior you know they're never going to change?

Its the same thing here. How many times have people tried to treat blacks like everyone else and yet instead of taking advantage of that chance to prove you're not different than everyone else, they DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE and show WHY people should be wary of them and SHOULD NOT give blacks the benefit of the doubt because to continue to do so would put themselves in danger. I don't know about you, but I'd MUCH rather keep myself, my family and friends and my property safe and be labeled a 'racist' than to purposely put myself in bad situations just to try and prove to black people that I'm not 'racist' towards them. And hell even black people often don't give their own kind the benefit of the doubt so what does that say about them?

The bottom line is that black people have used up all of their goodwill now and its up to them to PROVE TO PEOPLE that they can be trusted and DESERVE to be treated equally in every situation.
Should.have picked your own cotton then..... and not invaded every nation in the world that couldnt fight back.....

Old 07-07-2016, 06:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I don't understand why the officer's ethnicity is significant. A police officer shot and killed a man who had informed the officer of his weapon and that he was reaching for his ID, which is what we are all told to do in the event of being pulled over. This is a horrible tragedy and likely a criminal act. I am terribly worried for the safety of the public when officers around the country are so hopped up that they shoot people who are not a threat.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
This is soooo idiotic. That's like saying whites have proven themselves to be racist, we should treat them all as such. I mean just look at your track record, lol.

Judge people on an INDIVIDUAL level. I am a law abiding citizen, never even gotten a speeding ticket in my life. And why does an entire group of people have to prove anything to anyone. I don't owe you anything.
Dont get a speeding ticket.... risky if you are black

Old 07-07-2016, 06:04 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You already have. Read through all 30 pages of posts. The usual suspects are here defending the execution of a US citizen...... that my friends is the issue. Are Non white people REALLY citizens? Should they have all the rights that European Americans enjoy? Answer that question first and these shootings will start to make sense.
Im a right wing Trump supporter and most people I know are just like me. Totally against this. Im just not conservative. Neither are most trump supporters. Its the Right wing Conservatives that are happy with everyone being shot. They are the ones who want the total obedience of their Evangelic culture.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:05 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Smokescreen? ... maybe not the best word to describe the continuing deliberate effort on the part of almost all major media to stir up racial animosity in America and generally support the racist left wing narrative. The race of the officer involved in a shooting is always stressed, when he is white.
how about the deliberate mind set of whites who refuse to believe blacks are targeted by the police? Even when well respected blacks like Colin Powell come forward to concur it is indeed a fact, these whites believe blacks are not targeted. These people would prefer to think the person is a thug or deserved it in some way. this is the mentality that needs to change.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
A woman has posted a dramatic Facebook Live video showing a bleeding man, Philando Castile, next to her in a car as a police officer points a gun at him through a car window. The incident occurred in Falcon heights, Minnesota. Falcon Heights, located 10 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul, is the home of the Minnesota State Fair. A child was in the car and could be heard crying in the background.

Reynolds says that Castile is “licensed to carry” and was “trying to get out his ID” and “he let the officer know he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet, and the officer just shot him. … He just shot his arm off.”
A citizen video of the scene was also posted on Twitter:

WATCH: Falcon Heights, Minnesota Police Shooting Facebook Live Video | Heavy.com
Just read about this and this one is definitely bad. By all accounts, the deceased was a respectable man, a law abiding citizen.

The cop deserves to be punished for this.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:07 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Disagree. Are blacks often less respected than other groups of people? Yes probably so. BUT you have to ask yourself WHY THAT IS. Is it because non-blacks are inherently racist towards blacks or is it because black people GIVE REASON for non-blacks to dislike and distrust them? I'm thinking most of the time its the latter.

Blacks have been given NURMEROUS OPPORTUNITIES to prove themselves to be peaceful, decent people and while many of them are, there are also many of them that ARE NOT. This isn't a case of blacks continually proving themselves to be peaceful, nice people and non-blacks discriminating against them regardless of that. This is a case of blacks CONSTANTLY behaving badly EVEN WHEN people give them the benefit of the doubt time and again. Seriously do you expect people to give black people infinite chances to shape up and finally behave like civil people or do you at some point say enough is enough and give them less benefit of the doubt BECAUSE THEY DON'T DESERVE IT??

On a personal level, lets say your neighbor often asks you to borrow your lawnmower to use and everytime he returns it to you, its kinda busted and you're forced to fix it before you can use it yourself. You tell your neighbor to be more careful but it still happens over and over again and with no end in sight, are you telling me that you're not going to eventually get fed up with your neighbor and stop lending your mower to him because based on their past behavior you know they're never going to change?

Its the same thing here. How many times have people tried to treat blacks like everyone else and yet instead of taking advantage of that chance to prove you're not different than everyone else, they DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE and show WHY people should be wary of them and SHOULD NOT give blacks the benefit of the doubt because to continue to do so would put themselves in danger. I don't know about you, but I'd MUCH rather keep myself, my family and friends and my property safe and be labeled a 'racist' than to purposely put myself in bad situations just to try and prove to black people that I'm not 'racist' towards them. And hell even black people often don't give their own kind the benefit of the doubt so what does that say about them?

The bottom line is that black people have used up all of their goodwill now and its up to them to PROVE TO PEOPLE that they can be trusted and DESERVE to be treated equally in every situation.
I'm white (Polish-American), and I have to disagree with you. In your lawnmower analogy, that is one individual. You yourself said there are many decent blacks, so why should the whole group be disrespected because of some bad apples? Your whole post is generalizing the negatives of blacks as a whole, when you admitted that there are many decent blacks. You can find many bad apples in all groups, but they aren't disrespected. If you look close enough at the bad apples, you'll see it's mostly related to socioeconomics and not race. How many black doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, etc do you see "behaving badly"? Again, it's mostly due to economics and not race.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Since it's Minnesota, I'll bet he was Hmong. They are an extremely clannish, racist (against anyone not Hmong), polygamous, animal-sacrificing tribe where wife beating is the cultural norm. You'd have to be longtime, close friends with Hmong women to know this. They know that their cultural practices are barbaric to the average American, so they're trained when young to lie to outsiders and be certain secretive about their families. They helped us fight in Vietnam, so as a thank you we imported them here, even though they stick to their shocking way of life.
So... get the word out on the street - those looking for racial revenge on random people should focus on Hmong. They probably deserve it for being sexist and cruel to animals... smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies