Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 06:09 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Doesn't matter if the officer is white/black/Asian.

Doesn't matter if the victim is white/black/Asian.

We should ALL be upset about police brutality.
Bad cop or bad decision?

Problem comes from all the race baiting and cops getting ambushed thanks to BLM and their terrorist followers all based on a lie.

Most of the shooting have been resisting arrest. the ones like this shooting seem to be very bad decision. Justice will be meted out as it should. If you don't believe in justice then there will be more killings escalated by resisiting arrest.

Cops are now hypersensitive to blacks because of the killings, So BLM stirs up a hornets nest and it becomes an upward spiral of distrust and mistakes.

Already obam ahs labeled this a race issue. Thanks for throwing gass on the fire.

Last edited by Kracer; 07-07-2016 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: ed

Old 07-07-2016, 06:09 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
Im a right wing Trump supporter and most people I know are just like me. Totally against this. Im just not conservative. Neither are most trump supporters. Its the Right wing Conservatives that are happy with everyone being shot. They are the ones who want the total obedience of their Evangelic culture.
Your first line is that you are a "right wing trump" supporter. Then you say you are not conservative. Then you say the right wing wants black folks shot. Im confused. Either you want things to stay how they are or you want to progress. Trump smeares and slammed innocent black kids falsely convicted of rape here in NY. We didnt forget that. He took a 80k page out in the paper calling them animals ans subhuman. Thats the man you and your ilk support . Thats the mantra of the right wing who want jim crows return.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:10 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,041,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Judge people on an INDIVIDUAL level. I am a law abiding citizen, never even gotten a speeding ticket in my life. And why does an entire group of people have to prove anything to anyone. I don't owe you anything.
So you say 'judge people on an individual level' and yet here we have black people judging all the police forces and the entire judicial system in the US as being racist and biased towards black people. Good stuff. >_>

And yes I do judge people 'on an individual level' except when individuals fit certain descriptions that have been known to be violent and criminal. Do I treat little black kids and seniors any differently than non-black kids and seniors? No I don't because they don't give me any reason to treat them differently. But when it comes to black teens and young adults? HELL YES I'm often more wary around them because those are the groups that are most likely to cause you trouble and harm. You'd have to be UTTERLY STUPID not to follow your gut feeling and be more aware around those groups of people.

Its just interesting to me that in every other faucet of life, whether it be with your mechanic, your doctor or lawyer or whoever, if those people mess you over often enough it would be logical and rational for you to stop trusting them until they can regain your confidence. BUT when it comes to black people if the same thing happens this is all of a sudden considered racism?!? Really?!???! >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So because this guy was 'the blacks' he deserved to catch a bullet (or 4) from this cop?
Do you even realize your post is nearly a textbook example of prejudging? There's another word for that....right on the tip of my tongue....
I NEVER said this guy deserved to get shot and die like this. What I AM saying is that black people have caused so much violence and crime in the past and still do to this day that non-blacks don't know WHO to trust and who not to. You can't POSSIBLY tell me that if you saw a group of young black people males wearing hoodies walking down the street that you too wouldn't be wary of them and more on guard and maybe even cross the street to avoid any potential trouble. They could've been the nicest kids in the world, but they're dressed similarly to how thugs who have harmed people in the past have dressed, so are you going to risk placing yourself in potential danger for the sake of 'not being racist' or are you going to cross the street and try and keep yourself safe from harm?

Seriously how do people like you NOT understand the difference between true racism and identifying patterns and trends of behavior from certain people and then responding accordingly in the interest of self-preservation??

Old 07-07-2016, 06:10 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
..The bottom line is that black people have used up all of their goodwill now and its up to them to PROVE TO PEOPLE that they can be trusted and DESERVE to be treated equally in every situation.
This is hardly the bottom line. How you think about and treat black people is up to you as long as you aren't breaking the law, but I think you are missing a huge point. No one of any race has to prove to law enforcement or anyone else that we all have the same rights when dealing with them.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Just read about this and this one is definitely bad. By all accounts, the deceased was a respectable man, a law abiding citizen.

The cop deserves to be punished for this.
Why do we keep talking about the victims rap sheet or lack there of.? That shouldnt even be discussed..... rule of law is innocent till proven guilty. Not execute first then Decide if the person was worthy of life or not. Smh

Old 07-07-2016, 06:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I know everyone will think the officer was white But he was ASIAN FYI

I'm sure that got lost with the liberals.

In any case this was a major **** up on the officer's part
You sure he's not white Asian?

Old 07-07-2016, 06:15 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Yeah, the "white cop/black victim" thing is just a smokescreen. The real issue is that police officers in this country are being taught that it's OK to murder innocent civilians.
Being taught that it's ok to murder innocents? Unbelievable

We still don't know all the details, but this officer was wayyyyy to quick to shoot. He heard that the guy said he had a gun on him and maybe he missed that there was mention of a CCW PERMIT. In the video you can hear the officer saying "I told him to put up his hands".

Clearly the cop was confused, but too quick to shoot

Old 07-07-2016, 06:16 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Your first line is that you are a "right wing trump" supporter. Then you say you are not conservative. Then you say the right wing wants black folks shot. Im confused. Either you want things to stay how they are or you want to progress. Trump smeares and slammed innocent black kids falsely convicted of rape here in NY. We didnt forget that. He took a 80k page out in the paper calling them animals ans subhuman. Thats the man you and your ilk support . Thats the mantra of the right wing who want jim crows return.
You are the one confused. Conservatives supported cruz and hate Trump. Even now the Conservative would rather vote for Hillary than Trump. So dont confuse the two. Trump may have done as you say. I havent seen it. But Trump is by far a better choice than Hillary.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So you say 'judge people on an individual level' and yet here we have black people judging all the police forces and the entire judicial system in the US as being racist and biased towards black people. Good stuff. >_>

And yes I do judge people 'on an individual level' except when individuals fit certain descriptions that have been known to be violent and criminal. Do I treat little black kids and seniors any differently than non-black kids and seniors? No I don't because they don't give me any reason to treat them differently. But when it comes to black teens and young adults? HELL YES I'm often more wary around them because those are the groups that are most likely to cause you trouble and harm. You'd have to be UTTERLY STUPID not to follow your gut feeling and be more aware around those groups of people.

Its just interesting to me that in every other faucet of life, whether it be with your mechanic, your doctor or lawyer or whoever, if those people mess you over often enough it would be logical and rational for you to stop trusting them until they can regain your confidence. BUT when it comes to black people if the same thing happens this is all of a sudden considered racism?!? Really?!???! >_>

I NEVER said this guy deserved to get shot and die like this. What I AM saying is that black people have caused so much violence and crime in the past and still do to this day that non-blacks don't know WHO to trust and who not to. You can't POSSIBLY tell me that if you saw a group of young black people males wearing hoodies walking down the street that you too wouldn't be wary of them and more on guard and maybe even cross the street to avoid any potential trouble. They could've been the nicest kids in the world, but they're dressed similarly to how thugs who have harmed people in the past have dressed, so are you going to risk placing yourself in potential danger for the sake of 'not being racist' or are you going to cross the street and try and keep yourself safe from harm?

Seriously how do people like you NOT understand the difference between true racism and identifying patterns and trends of behavior from certain people and then responding accordingly in the interest of self-preservation??
I read between the lines. You are saying that you (the majority and first class citizen with power) will not give blacks any equal treatment until they prove to YOU that they are worthy of it. That is the texbook definition of racism. .... drops mic. Lol

Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Bad cop or bad decision?

Problem comes from all the race baiting and cops getting ambushed thanks to BLM and their terrorist followers all based on a lie.

Most of the shooting have been resisting arrest. the ones like this shooting seem to be very bad decision. Justice will be meted out as it should. If you don't believe in justice then there will be more killings escalated by resisiting arrest.

Cops are now hypersensitive to blacks because of the killings, So BLM stirs up a hornets nest and it becomes an upward spiral of distrust and mistakes.

Already obam ahs labeled this a race issue. Thanks for throwing gass on the fire.
excuse me? BLM? police have been killing blacks wrongly for decades and decades. it's way past time to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies