Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 06:29 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Im sure thats what the Jewa said when the police were treating them like third class citizens... ohhhhh wait. Look at the jews now.. doing a hell of a lot better than YOU!!! Btw. All groups had gangsters and crime in their ghettos..... matter of fact we make movies and tv shows about them..... when they got economic advantage their kids became first class. Those days are coming for the black community ...(unless black men keep getting murdered by the cops) .
White suspects are killed by police much more than black suspects... research reality please

Black men are killed by other black men at many times the rates of any police shootings

What are you going to do about that...or is it an inconvenient truth?

Old 07-07-2016, 06:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
White suspects are killed by police much more than black suspects... research reality please

Black men are killed by other black men at many times the rates of any police shootings

Please read my posts. Im very much aware of the "boyz in da hood" killing one another. The police are the arm of the gov. The citizen pays taxes and is to be protected by the officers . We know gangsters are bad..... cops are not gangsters or executioners.... or are they? Please answer that sir. I answered your question with respect.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

how is it that all the armed Bundy men were never in any danger of getting shot and killed? mass shooter Dylan Roof arrested without being killed. white men carry guns, get arrested all the time without dying by police, yet a black man can't even get pulled over for a broken tail light without getting killed.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,227,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
And im santa claus. This is my vacay screename.
. Im actually a real African. Not a wannabe. My parents actually came from Africa. Not Chicago.
Now if you keep disrespecting people who support you, you are not going to have many friends.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:38 PM

948 posts, read 921,499 times
I don't understand the outrage. I saw the video. It was taken after the shooting.

The video doesn't tell us if the man was shot down in cold blood, or if the officer was acting in self-defense, because it was n ot taken until after the fact. I can't even tell how much time had passed between the shooting and the video.

The only things I can deduce from the video are :
1. The man was still alive during filming.
2. The officer seemed more upset than the victim's girlfriend.
3. The victim had a gun, and the officer knew it.
4. The officer told him to not reach for it.
5. The girlfriend said, but you told him to get his license!

That's all I got from the video. Was he reaching for his ID or for his gun ? How could the officer know that he was not reaching for his gun ? Was he cooperative or not ? Was the victim being sassy ? Was the officer being a bully ? We can't answer any of these questions, because the video was made after the fact.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:39 PM

288 posts, read 350,020 times
This was a post I wrote on FB earlier today.

"My very honest and firm belief and I'm moved to say it:

The police have become too militarized.
Nobody loves our soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen and coast guardsmen more than I do. But, hiring these ex-military so soon after they leave the service is a mistake that I believe is showing itself in these civilian shootings. Not just the shootings of civilians, peoples pets are being killed way too often as well. I'm not slamming the military AT ALL, but rather the police departments that seem to think ex-military are a good fit in their department, they're not (for the most part). Police departments certainly need S.W.A.T teams for the situations that require it, but it seems as though the beat/street police have become pretty much S.W.A.T as well and it causes their reactions to be heavy handed and out of proportion to the situation a lot of times. I think their military training overrides their police training in stressful/excited situations (not their fault, I just think it is ingrained deeply). That training is perfect for the battlefield, but on american streets, not so much.
Are there excellent police with military backgrounds? Of course. But I stand by what I wrote. ~billy"

Do I think there is a racial element involved, yeah maybe a bit, but that doesn't account for how fast and often policemen kill pets.

And to expand my opinion a bit more, I also think the program of letting police departments request surplus military equipment contributes to what I think is wrong. Adding this military surplus allows creep/bleed into the psyche of a policeman and jacks the adrenaline up a notch even if it is at a subconscious level, and even if he/she isn't ex-military with the training that being such entails.

TB

Old 07-07-2016, 06:40 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
I hope this serves as a reminder that black Hillary Clinton voters are correct: We need bigger Big Government, along with its more and better equipped police state.

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
This was a post I wrote on FB earlier today.

"My very honest and firm belief and I'm moved to say it:

The police have become too militarized.
Nobody loves our soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen and coast guardsmen more than I do. But, hiring these ex-military so soon after they leave the service is a mistake that I believe is showing itself in these civilian shootings. Not just the shootings of civilians, peoples pets are being killed way too often as well. I'm not slamming the military AT ALL, but rather the police departments that seem to think ex-military are a good fit in their department, they're not (for the most part). Police departments certainly need S.W.A.T teams for the situations that require it, but it seems as though the beat/street police have become pretty much S.W.A.T as well and it causes their reactions to be heavy handed and out of proportion to the situation a lot of times. I think their military training overrides their police training in stressful/excited situations (not their fault, I just think it is ingrained deeply). That training is perfect for the battlefield, but on american streets, not so much.
Are there excellent police with military backgrounds? Of course. But I stand by what I wrote. ~billy"

Do I think there is a racial element involved, yeah maybe a bit, but that doesn't account for how fast and often policemen kill pets.

And to expand my opinion a bit more, I also think the program of letting police departments request surplus military equipment contributes to what I think is wrong. Adding this military surplus allows creep/bleed into the psyche of a policeman and jacks the adrenaline up a notch even if it is at a subconscious level, and even if he/she isn't ex-military with the training that being such entails.

TB
Reasonable.

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
More drama queen talk...

Every citizen has a duty to act appropriately
Every person who carries a gun has an uber responsibility to be careful

Where's the outrage in tbe 47 black men murdered this past weekend...the several policeman who died statistically in the line of duty...or the white man shot about the same time.

If you choose victimology you will be a victim...
Rarely..very very rarely does a policeman commit a criminal act with malice aforethought killing an innocent person... the narrative carried by people with agendas is that this is prevalent..it is not..
Even here in city data with all the drama outrage... and outrageous things said and false statements made the end game after lengthy investigations by multiple agencies deem most police shootings justifiable...rarely do we ever hear back about it.

You may not like it... but the real truth is that most situations are precipitated by actions CREATED by the person being detained

Going out in a limb and making a guess..it is a reasonable possibility the officer told him not to move and the citizen did..and the officer felt threatened..we will have to wait to see what comes from this and whether any possible criminality could be proven ...

Does the officer deserve the presumption of innocence in your opinion?
The typical deflection of "Black on Black crime" is getting old, very old...

And there was no need for your snide remark.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,227,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
how is it that all the armed Bundy men were never in any danger of getting shot and killed? mass shooter Dylan Roof arrested without being killed. white men carry guns, get arrested all the time without dying by police, yet a black man can't even get pulled over for a broken tail light without getting killed.
Because The bundys were organized and a group. Blacks are generally loners who are easy targets.
Anyhow One of the bundy supports was shot in the back by the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies