Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 07:30 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
*****ING sickening! Facebook was deleting the video earlier this morning and supposedly deactivated the account of the girlfriend. I hope this pig is FRIED-and yes, he is a pig.
As neither you nor anyone else here know for a fact what actually happened at this point you might want to calm down a bit and wait for some facts before you decide to "fry" him. If the facts show a bad shoot I'm all for prosecution, but that rarely happens unfortunately.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Sorry but I disagree. Too often cops are fast to jump out of the car with their hands at their side. You mean to tell me that this man should be shuffling around in the car prior to the cop getting to the window to give this professional law enforcer a real reason to suspect unlawful activity?

The post I quoted said "before the cop gets near you". If you don't have time to do it before the cop gets near you, you don't do it. I don't see why this is a question.

In the states where I've lived, your CCW permit was a small laminated ID, like a drivers license. If your gun is on your person, your permit should be, too. No need to be "shuffling around in the car", just reach into your back pocket and get your wallet out and remove the permit. If the cop isn't sprinting up to your car, you should have plenty of time to do that.

The biggest point being that the very first words out of your mouth are "Officer, I have a concealed carry permit, and I have a firearm on me." and you keep your hands in plain sight the entire time (not out the window - I never suggested that silliness) and SLOWLY move your hands to comply with any police instructions.

People with CCWs survive police stops every day. What went wrong here? We'll probably find out in time.

I will say that the near hysteria that the cop displayed in his verbal responses during the video do not make me think "Yeah, there's no way this cop did anything wrong.".

Old 07-07-2016, 07:32 AM

299 posts, read 187,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
And again, who in their right mind would do such a thing?
Everyone I know (including myself) would have proper documentation ready before said officer even gets to the window mate. You'll be surprised how many people actually do this.

Last edited by GritsCode; 07-07-2016 at 07:41 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
This was what I was going to say in response to Hooligan. You have to be realistic here. Who in their right mind would shuffle around looking for an id and then stick their hands out of the window before a cop reaches you after you've been pulled over?

I've never had a problem getting my ID out of my wallet prior to the cop arriving at my window after being pulled over. I never suggested "sticking your hands out the window", either. Did you even read my post?

Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Gotta love the cop apologists. Always looking for an excuse, for ANY slight justification, to rationalize why a cop shot somebody. It truly boggles the mind the mental gymnastics being done by some posters on here.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Not all states require you to notify the police that you are legally carrying, and I certainly would not UNLESS I had to exit my vehicle.

I didn't say it was required by law.

Again, if I was stopped, it would be the very first words I spoke to any LEO: "Officer, I am a licensed CCW and I have a firearm on me.".

Old 07-07-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
And again, who in their right mind would do such a thing?

Again, I've had my driver's license in my hand before the cop was anywhere near my window EVERY TIME I'VE EVER BEEN PULLED OVER.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:38 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I didn't say it was required by law.

Again, if I was stopped, it would be the very first words I spoke to any LEO: "Officer, I am a licensed CCW and I have a firearm on me.".
Good on ya, pending further evidence that method didn't seem to work very well for this guy.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:40 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The cop clearly is in deep doo doo on this one.

If that guy is a licensed carrier, then he has no criminal record to use in order to make him out to be a thug.

And I believe that lady when she said that the guy made it clear that he had a weapon, and was reaching for his ID. There's no reason for her to lie.

This cop is a nutcase. Wow...all over a busted tailight?

And as the passenger, why was the cop asking him for ID anyway? For what? That's never happened to me before!
Concur 100%. She was calm, the cop was hysterical. Notice that?

----break-----

Okay, my fellow conservatives. We advocate for responsible gun owners. For all intents and purposes, he was one of our own. A gun owner with a CCW (with no record mind you) who did what he was supposed to do when stopped by police - informed him he was licensed to carry and had a firearm in the car. I don't want to see my fellow conservatives try to spin this, try to explain this away, or worse, try to blame this on him not getting his ID our at the right time (really???? WTF people???). Do the right thing my fellow conservatives. We did it here in South Carolina after the Walter Scott shooting. Call it what it was - murder.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Good on ya, pending further evidence that method didn't seem to work very well for this guy.
We don't know that's what this guy did. I believe the girlfriend said he told the cops that, then he reached for his ID. Did the cop tell him to produce his ID/permit, or did he just do it of his own volition?

There are LOTS of things we don't know. Again, however, the reaction of the cop during that video doesn't give me confidence that he (the cop) made the right call(s) during this scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies