Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 04:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Profiling happens regardless of race. And I'm sure it helps prevent crime.

I was driving home from work one day and made a wrong turn. I turned around in someone's driveway. A cop immediately pulled me over and claimed I made a dangerous maneuver. After he realized I was a teacher at the high school, he admitted that he pulled me over because the house I turned around at was a known drug house.

Cops can pull you over for pretty much any reason. They can claim you swerved, were driving 1 mile over the limit, your license plate light is out, your car is missing a front plate, etc.

When they get up to the car and smell weed, they can have reasonable suspicion to search the car.
No, they can't!

Old 07-10-2016, 04:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No, they can't!
They can BUT that isn't the troubling part. What is troubling is that they can profile you and pull you over basically for no other reason than they do not like the way you look.

They will follow you and wait until your tire crosses the center line and bam, they pull you over. You've done nothing actually wrong but you are going to get profiled. I do not find this acceptable.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The NRA believes the 2nd Amendment applies to whites only. It is a racist organization. They have not publicly defended Castile's right to carry.
The second amendment was never meant to apply to anyone other than whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Has any of you seen the other videos posted by the gf of this person shot dead in the car? Just a few days prior to the death of her friend she posted a video that she shoot behind the wheel which seems to be a similar situation except for being pulled over and no cops around.

She is smoking pot in front of her child while the child will inhale the marijuana and she is video taping her crotch and breast and talking like a very "intelligent" person!

It seems she is a narcissist who like to be a famous person online and to expose herself for how she conducts herself in life.

IMO her child should be removed from a household where pot is smoked in front of the kids and kids are inhaling these drugs. It doesn't seems to be medical marijuana and even if it was it doesn't seem to be medical marijuana that the child should inhale.

Of course I'm not saying the cop is free of any wrong doing as I don't have the facts from both sides.

It just shows the character of the woman who felt she needed to be video taped and broadcasted online right away instead of worrying about her child witnessing the father to be shot dead.

Btw for the race labelers amongst us the cop was/is Hispanic so why is there still the mentioning of white and black?

In the Zimmerman case it was also labeled black and white while Zimmerman was/is Hispanic and sees himself as a Hispanic male.

When blacks feel it convenient to blame whites than all of a sudden everyone other then blacks are considered white.
Where is this video you speak of? Until I see it, I will continue to doubt it's existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He never should have been pulled over in the first place.
But he had a wide nose! Like the guy that robbed a store four days prior !

Old 07-10-2016, 05:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Time will tell whether Mr Castile and the officer were respectful. I do not have all of the information, so will not pretend to know. Most would be well served to withhold judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As far as we know, the person in this story was being respectful.

No, I said you should be respectful and that goes for BOTH parties but it's not always going to happen and when it doesn't no one has the right to beat the snot out of one or the other.

I can also respectfully say "no".

Old 07-10-2016, 05:05 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
This woman in the video is a cold blooded sociopath. She sits their trying to be famous as a man bleeds to death...what a jerk.

Here is the problem regarding this incident that no one wants to talk about. What happened moments prior to the video being taken- what was actually said.

From what I gather the police officer requested the drivers ID....that's it! He did not ask him if their were weapons in the car. The driver and supposedly his so-called girl friend needlessly volunteered information that was not needed...The fact that the driver was carrying a GUN .

The cop requests ID and these doinks in effect challenge the officer in a manner that states....We have a gun...we are as powerful as you and the gun is legal....Why even mention the gun?

This cop did not look or sound malicious...he was in a panic...When he asked for the ID...the so called victim started to reach for something tucked in his back pocket...It was not made clear to the officer if he was getting ID or getting a gun to shoot him with....it was a 50 50 situation...in the cops mind....It could have been one or the other.

This black couple simply had a communication problem....THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICIATE....it is the cops duty to stay alive.

I still can not get over how this digital girlfriend saw this as an opportunity to live stream the tail end of the incident for the sake of personal notoriety.

I say the cop is not guilty of anything.

The cop is there....the jerk states he has a gun....what is he to do?

Old 07-10-2016, 05:07 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
- While not justification for killing someone, the "innocent, hard working, school worker" narrative is quickly being challenged as we see he was an obvious Crip Gang member. His facebook page has all sorts of photos of him dressed in all blue, bandana hanging, throwing up "C" hand signs, contorting his body into a "C", he was a member of a Crip Gang facebook page (that's a thing, lol) and made posts such as "Marry CRIPmas and happy BLUE year!!!" and "Oh Crip, it's Friday!".
He was not a gang member. He had to pass a background check to work in the school system. Dressing in blue means nothing. Clothes for men are made in a blue a lot of times. There are no photos of him with a blue bandana on his Facebook page. No photos of him throwing gang signs either. https://www.facebook.com/philando.castile/photos_all

I am unable to find "Crip Gang" facebook page. Could you provide a link?

Old 07-10-2016, 05:09 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
This woman in the video is a cold blooded sociopath. She sits their trying to be famous as a man bleeds to death...what a jerk.
The officer told her not to move, to keep her hands where they were. You can hear that on her video. What do you want her to do? Get shot too?

Old 07-10-2016, 05:09 PM

FURTHER MORE- This couple made the cop go into a state of suspicious paranoia. They frightened him...when dealing with the system- whether it is in a court - dealing with bureaucrats or police....it is a mechanical system....You give this system exactly what it needs to function...no more - no less...By doing this you get the desired results...do not tell the cop you are armed...he did not need to know that...He was just doing his job...This couple made things complex and confused...HUGE mistake.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The officer told her not to move, to keep her hands where they were. You can hear that on her video. What do you want her to do? Get shot too?
That is not my point. The fact that she is composed enough to start documenting and commenting shows that there is something emotionally and mentally wrong with her...or she is just plain stupid. From what I see this "boyfriend" was not that precious to her...I got the feeling she had seen this horror to many times in the black community ....and it was just another day for her.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Not to mention how he held his weapon on a dying man. And the fact he yelled "f*ck" a couple of times.
Big deal so he cursed! Looks like worn out and overly stressed cop meets stupid carrying a gun...The perfect storm. As for holding his weapon on a dying man...they are trained to contain the threat...This is just a mess in general....NOW if you were to ask the radical and aggressive group BLACK LIVES MATTER...if the killing of 5 cops in Dallas was a good thing...any you could get an answer YES or NO....I am sure these fools would suggest that the murder of police was a positive thing...that is the problem...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies