Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 11:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,920,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
And many countries don't have knuckleheads and over jealous or stressed out police from dealing with knuckleheads.
They don't have knuckleheads they have druglords, human traffickers, and desperate people on the ragged edge of sanity and they still don't allow extra judicial killings. Mexico's most notorious druglord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's extradition to our country was delayed several months until Mexico was assured that he would not receive any death sentence here. It's not that they think he is a wonderful person. They don't, but they don't have a death penalty there, and as a citizen of that country they are obligated to protect his sovereign rights wherever they allow him to be taken. Imagine that. A Third World country where a notorious drug lord responsible for countless murders has his life defended, while a two bit n'er do well named Alton Sterling who it would be something of a stretch to call a gang thug is viciously killed in the street like a dog and people cheer because they are full of holier than thou sanctimony. The police are way more stressed dealing with white meth cookers that they have to treat with kid gloves!! That's who keeps them up nights. My people they just shoot. No fuss, no muss. Dallas? That isn't causing stress its causing coronaries. That isn't going to end well. I really see a market for civilian bodycams pitched to the black community. Just putting it out there for the tech types and the venture capitalists.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:05 PM

50,717 posts, read 24,221,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I have no answers, but I'm not a law enforcement professional either. I believe the answers to this slaughter must come the police themselves. As a first step, knowing they all will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for killing anyone for any reason would probably be as good a place to start as any.
I believe that every shooting by a LEO should go to a grand jury. No more "self-policing".

Old 07-08-2016, 11:07 PM

50,717 posts, read 24,221,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Hiring someone because of the color of their skin has never made anything better. Hiring the best, most qualified person for the job makes everything better. You have just shown yourself to be a racist person.

Wrong. When we increased the number of Black teachers on our teaching staff, the behavior and achievement of Black students improved. They had role models with whom to identify.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Truth is, going on and on about one's "struggle" because they may have been profiled for a broken taillight, well it gets a elbow bump and an "Are these people serious?" from working America.
Fair enough. Maybe when there is more 'Civil Disobedience' it will get more than an elbow bump.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
My point, and the fact I am trying to learn, is what action/non-action precipitated the shooting? Was there an altercation? Was their a miscommunication and misunderstanding? Did the cop perceive something incorrectly? Or, was the cop merely a col-blooded killer out to kill a black man?
You don't have a point, you have an agenda. For you this is all theoretical musings because there is just about zero chance you are going to have to "go along" with any amount of police misconduct until your lawyer comes and straightens things out for you. You go ahead and continue to insist that only people who provoke police get hurt or killed by them. You have that right and that privilege. Rock on. It's no longer theoretical for the police. Something changed yesterday.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:42 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,354,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
No a lot of them don't but get mad And upset when blacks speak out on police brutality against African American people. They don't even care when there own people get killed by police while being unarmed. So why would they care about us.

As matter of fact where were the All Lives matter people at when. Zachary Hammond a white 19 year old who was gunned down by police last year. Who bought it too the attention to the public . Some people from BLM ... The other problem is some don't care because it doesn't directly effect them and there family. If it does happen to there family maybe then they will get a clue

You are correct that most white people don't care even when white people are killed by the police, but most white people don't have an entirely negative view of police either.

Crime isn't as relevant to whites and direct contact with police is much less common.

Of course, the truth is no one is right.

From what I can see, the police just want to get in some trigger time, and they may be racist to one degree or another (we all are), but for the most part, they seem just as happy to shoot a white person as a black person.

The problem blacks have is refusing to own their criminality.

If blacks commit more than twice the number of crimes, on a per capita basis, as white people, blacks will be having more interactions with police and that creates the environment wherein bad things happen.

The other issue white people have in addressing this problem is that we are constantly being associated, by blacks, with the police who are shooting blacks.

This takes us to the larger issue of alleged white-on-black racism that always seems to be the "real problem" when something bad happens and that bad thing is preceded by a really bad choice, like running from the police.

And I'm not saying running from the police should carry a death sentence, but understanding who and what we are dealing with is a big piece of the puzzle.

Assume the cop you want to run from is ****ing nuts because a lot of them seem to be just that.

At the very minimum, understand this person became a cop for a reason and that reason might be a really ****ed up reason.

Also, the reason a cop thinks someone is a criminal is because cops think everyone is a criminal.

Try not to take the **** personally, and just because most white people don't seem to give two ****s who a cop shoots doesn't mean they support it.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:50 AM

15,521 posts, read 10,480,862 times
" I'm just asking a question: White folks-Do you even care? "

Of course, I care. I do admit to being somewhat selective in my carrying though.
Eric Garner's death still bothers me, that shouldn't have happened. I'm pissed about Jack Yantis being shot, that officer is going to skate. When it's a person with a violent record, I tend to not care as much. Even then, I do care that law enforcement does their job properly. It's just hard to grieve the rats, that's all.

Last edited by elan; 07-09-2016 at 01:03 AM..

Old 07-09-2016, 01:15 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,580,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You don't have a point, you have an agenda.
Get real.

Everyone has an agenda. You certainly do. Having an agenda does not preclude one from having a point, even if it is a point you do not want to acknowledge or on which to comment.

Quote:
For you this is all theoretical musings because there is just about zero chance you are going to have to "go along" with any amount of police misconduct until your lawyer comes and straightens things out for you.
Theoretical musings, LOL! You are Irony personified. I have facts on my side. You have feelings.

Anyway, don't assume to know what I think or what have been my experiences. Doing so makes you look foolish.

Quote:
You go ahead and continue to insist that only people who provoke police get hurt or killed by them.
Never made that assertion.

Rather, if you cared to read and acknowledge facts, my point is that statistically, it is very unlikely, for whites and blacks, to be shot if they comply with police orders.

Now, if you can open your mind and wrap it around what I'm saying, you'll understand that I do not deny that cops sometimes overstep their authority and sometimes behave wrongly. But, even in those situations, which white people have encountered, also, the fact... let that sink in... THE FACT is, if you comply with the cops, you are statistically VERY UNLIKELY to be shot.

Quote:
You have that right and that privilege.
So do you, and so does everyone else. If you fail to take advantage of that privilege, you are stupid.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:20 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,748,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That makes what the cop did okay?

Most civilized countries don't even have the death penalty, much less one without an actual trial and sentence.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
No, but it goes to his character, he was a piece of **** and I could care less he was shot.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,748,011 times
Cops Shoot White Guy in Fresno; Nobody Pays Attention | Daily Wire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.