Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 08:20 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
Proof of your average conservative white males views of blacks.
Why complain about a race-blind judicial system that convicts those who commit crimes? If Blacks commit crimes at a higher rate than Whites (they do), why shouldn't they be convicted at higher rates? Why the bogus assertions of racism?

Old 07-09-2016, 08:21 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He resisted arrest, had an illegal weapon, and was not in cuffs.

Don't want to die? Don't carry an illegal weapon as a convicted felon, and don't resist arrest.

What's hard to understand about that?

Well according to your logic why wasn't this man killed?

This White Man Was Literally Beating Up Two Police Officers, But What Happens Next Is Astonishing - Atlanta Black Star

Old 07-09-2016, 08:22 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Good point. I can certainly understand why black students would feel more comfortable with that.

So, with that in mind, why don't we recognize the benefits that whites likewise derive from being around other whites?!
Yes, let us segregate the schools again that will be a win, and make certain that the funding is equally distributed.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Good point. I can certainly understand why black students would feel more comfortable with that.

So, with that in mind, why don't we recognize the benefits that whites likewise derive from being around other whites?!
We do. They're called blue (Democrat) cities and states:

Chicago: America's most segregated city - CNN - Jan. 5, 2016

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Old 07-09-2016, 08:25 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
These same to officers that killed Alton were investigated previously by the internal affairs for countless use of excessive force. It wasn't long before they would kill. It's a damn shame that 500 U.S citizens this year have died from police shootings where most of them were unarmed. How many more will be killed before the year is out.
'countless use of excessive force'?

how many, exactly?

Old 07-09-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Did he have an illegal weapon?

Old 07-09-2016, 08:28 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Please help me to understand. Do you even care?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
Why do you need more "people of color"? Shouldn't you just want good candidates to work for you regardless of any HR checklist points?

No I don't care if a white criminal who isn't obeying orders and starts fighting police with deadly force.

White people, on the whole, don't care what the color of the person was. We don't make excuses or rally around them. We don't condone the folks who join gangs and give their kids guns to pose gangland style.

Generally white people don't look at color, despite what black folks may think. If you dress like a thug, act like like a thug, and have a rap sheet a mile long we don't want you near us. If you dress professionally, talk politely, and act like a human being. You are welcome.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Yes, let us segregate the schools again that will be a win, and make certain that the funding is equally distributed.
Blue (Democrat) states already beat you to it ...

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Old 07-09-2016, 08:29 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why complain about a race-blind judicial system that convicts those who commit crimes? If Blacks commit crimes at a higher rate than Whites (they do), why shouldn't they be convicted at higher rates? Why the bogus assertions of racism?
Whites commit same crimes yet get off or get lesser sentencing. If the police hung out in poor white neighborhoods they problem would reach there quota too.

The largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.

Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they’ll be raped, assaulted or murdered? This is what you call white privelge. The fact that whites can commit all these crimes but still be considered the good guys lol it's laughable. Yet blacks commit a high amount of crime and yet we are all deemed suspicious and violent.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:29 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Worked so well before...not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies