Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 06:42 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times

Advertisements

"I want to kill white people" the hate from all sides has got to stop. Social media has lead to this massive spike in social tension my opinion.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Listening to the live news conference by the mayor. "We're not going to tell you anything about the suspects right now". Bomb on robot arm used to take out one suspect-good job. Should have rooted the others out with a flame thrower. "Suspect said he wanted to kill white people".
The update in 12 Officers shot, 2 Civilians shot.

Suspect stated:
He was upset about BLM
He was upset about black people being killed
He wanted to kill white people
He was not part of any group

Old 07-08-2016, 06:44 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this morning on the Today Show, the two officers interviewed were both black. Was this a subconscious move by the media to show there are blacks on the side of law enforcement? And the worse thing is that I would even notice it in the first place.

With racism, political divide, gun control, and more - is this country heading down the path of a major civil unrest that could escalate with much more internal violence?
Subconscious? I can easily see the media consciously deciding to do this. The media can't be so reckless and ignorant that they don't realize the extent to which they have exacerbated tensions.

And I disagree with previous comments identifying social media& smartphones as being behind the increase in tensions. Only true to a minuscule extent. It's mostly the leftist media narrative. Trayvon and Mike Brown incidents were unrecorded. Even many recorded incidents basically exonerate the police. As for the purported racial disparity in police shootings, no, this is not news to anyone. It's a consequence of the racial disparity in violent crime. It's the media and the leftist sympathizer in the WH that's behind the increase in tensions, just as cultural Marxists and their mouthpieces in the media have inflamed racial tensions since the 1960s.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:44 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Have there been any pictures released as the suspects were taken in?

Old 07-08-2016, 06:45 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
But the group is not concerned about the HUNDREDS of gang shootings involving blacks a year. They are only concerned with the small number of white officer/black citizen shootings.

But I guess "racist white cop shoots innocent black man" has a better headline to it than "black gang member shoots another black gang member". Because the latter is just business as usual in some cities.
Exactly! I don't quite understand all this. Blacks are shooting blacks all the time. They go into picnics and parties and pools and shoot whoever they want over some stupid vendetta, including kids and pregnant moms. The go into malls where people are doing nothing but shopping and start shooting. Some black kid dies every day from being shot.... yet no protests!

Now the second a black guy gets shot by a cop, all hell breaks loose. I'm not defending any of it AT ALL (The little I read about the Minnesota things sounds nuts), but, I'm just curious:

1) Do white guys ever get shot by black guys? Because I never see protests about it.

2) How about black cops.... no documented instances?

3) Aren't a lot of these guys actually bad guys doing bad things?

4) Who wouldn't be a bit trigger happy with all these fine young men packing guns and shooting at a moments notice?

5) Isn't "Black Lives Matter" kind of stupid, when blacks are shooting blacks every night and no one says anything about it? Does it really matter?

Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Police Chief says the now dead suspect said:

He operated alone and is not affiliated with any group.
He was upset with white peoples and cops.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Radical Islam, BLM, getting hard to tell the difference

Old 07-08-2016, 06:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Have there been any pictures released as the suspects were taken in?
No.

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
The Dallas police chief just made a statement, according to the hostage negotiator the shooter they killed was not a part of BLM, he hated white people and wanted to kill white cops.

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Post #682
Another gets "house arrest" for getting drunk and killing others because he wouldn't be able to handle being in prison.

I hope you're not assuming that white people didn't get miffed about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies