Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 02:42 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times

Advertisements

I'd like Trump to pick James Comey as his VP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 02:48 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Nope he told them what Chaffetz and Gowdy didn't want to hear --- the evidence didn't warrant prosecution. Sorry, guys.
Nope he told them that those matters, perjury and handing over classified information to those without clearance, was not under consideration in his investigation...watch the video again.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:21 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He said during the Congressional Hearing he was no longer a Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is a republican, not that it matters because he is very fair and is a man of integrity.

You really need to read through the entire Alberto Gonzalez event and educate yourself. Comey knew the NSA spying was illegal, Gonzalez attempted to have Ash-croft sign the authorization after the fact.

Gonzales Hospital Episode Detailed
"He is a republican"

"He said during the Congressional Hearing he was no longer a Republican."

There goes YOUR credibility!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:29 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
I personally think deep-down the GOP is relieved that Clinton would go on to get the nomination (odds are very against convention surprise for either candidate but trust me I would love different choices form BOTH parties). I truthfully believe the GOP does not want Trump to win as he could damage the party for years and as much as we love Sanders the person, Sanders the ideas he have are rainbows and unicorns and will cost ALOT of money...even the people who support his ideas don't want to risk their taxes going up more than $1000 a year and they will if sanders implements his plans.
I know plenty of Republicans that see even if Trump wins, it will be A} more of a rejection of Clinton than a win for Trump, B} the GOP does not want to be in the position to defend every statement he makes.."he's unfair because he's Mexican" "The woman should be punished for having an abortion" granted he backtracked on that but you can't un-ring a bell as they say.
Plus As I stated in another thread and I know plenty of moderate conservatives who believe he's too thin skinned and will probably quit before the end of his first term if he can;t get his way, or the GOP has a bad midterm (historically the party in power has bad midterms) or a litany of stuff. When your president quits over a hissy fit or ego thats major damage plus with changing demographics they risk losing minority and young voters to the democrats for a generation on a bigger scale than the dems lost the south in the mid 60's over civil rights.

But...if Clinton wins she is more pragmatic than trump, plus with the Dems defending something like 25 senate seats they can drag this e-mail thing through the midterms and if they have a good one...impeach her....it is the GOP dream to force out a Democratic president..since the days of Nixon they've been wanting to do that and the Dems, even if she survies impeachment it will be hard to recover for reection (the 4 straight dem presidential term for 2020) with a demoralized democrat party trying to justify that 2020 is the GOP's for the taking and it COULD possibly help them for several cycles, no guarantee of course but it could cause a shift outside of white christian males which are getting smaller as the years go by...of course that's my opinion
"I truthfully believe the GOP does not want Trump to win"

I would clarify that.

The GOP is the people who belong to the party.

THEY have spoken LOUD and CLEAR. Trump got MORE primary votes then ANY candidate in HISTORY.

I do AGREE that there are SOME of the GOP establishment that do NOT want him, mainly because they will NOT be able to control him.

EVERY person only has 1 VOTE. The few "establishment" against him CANNOT OUTVOTE the people.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
After spending a couple days being upset about the FBI's decision not to indict Clinton I started thinking about the decision Comey made....Comey is a Republican, if he really wants to help the GOP he will keep Hillary in the race and give ammunition to the GOP to make her unelectable. If she had been indicted Bernie would have been the natural Dem inductee. For all of Bernies faults he is pretty clean when it comes to scandals and he is very popular with the liberal left and todays lazy youth.

Choosing not to indict Clinton gives the GOP the green light to the White House easier than if she is in prison...

I've been saying the same thing going back months, politically this was best outcome for Republicans. Trump has a better chance of beating Hillary than Sanders. Many Sander supporters and fence sitters are going to sit home or vote for Trump especially after this.

This thing is going to plague her until the election and beyond whether she is elected or not. You have a possible investigation of the Clinton Foundation, the State Dept. investigation that will likely result in security clearances being revoked for her long term staff members, possible perjury charges and probably most important her emails potentially being released by a foreign government if they choose to do that.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
. Comey knew the NSA spying was illegal, Gonzalez attempted to have Ash-croft sign the authorization after the fact.
That is not how it played out, there was no "after the fact". The program in place was already signed off by the AG before and required reauthorization at some set interval. ******** was in the hospital and Comey as acting AG wasn't going to sign it, they tried to get ******** to sign it who basically told them to go pound sand.

The AG's signature is basically a cover your ass thing, Bush was going to reauthorize it himself without the AG's signature and that's what triggered Comey to threaten resignation. They made some adjustments to it to satisfy Comey and he signed it.

-------edit------

LOL the word filter strikes again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies