Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:07 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I understand - but let's be honest - many of these could easily be avoided in this country with the proper leadership.

The things on the list were not the case 8 years ago.
What did we have 8 years or more ago?

Housing collapse
Rising healthcare
Rising national debt
Rising unemployment
Corporate bailouts
Iraq war number 2
Rising illegal immigration
High energy prices
Offshoring of labor

So yeah I would say these things were on the list back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 08:06 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Do you realize how many issues this country now has that we did not have 8 years ago?
  • Violence with police and race
  • Terror from jihadists
  • Diseases - zika, TB, measles, ebola concerns for a time
  • More and more people can't support themselves
  • Health care costs continue to rise
  • Overrun with illegal immigrants
  • Border patrol ordered to not follow the laws
  • Government debt approaching 2.5 times the amount we had back then
  • Involved in an overseas war with no goal for victory
  • More and more government intrusion and control
That's just off the top of my head.

One word... CHANGE. That was Obama's slogan eight years ago. Do we really want more of this?

Next time a politician has a vague slogan - can we clarify the terms? Who thought we would change into where we are today...
The big problem is this, that America is failing its people. When America fails its people, its people are left with no resort and to act out on other civilians, police and or military. Right now in this country we have the Jihadist who want to cause harm and take down America, than you have the far right, as well as the far left movements who are willing to take out and go to war against America. There objectives can be easily met due to the clause written in the 2nd amendment of the Bill of Rights.

More and more mass shootings are going to take place due to folks who are mentally ill and stressed. These folks have nothing to loose, and can take up some good drugs in order to complete their missions and tasks at hand. As well as cause as much pain, and psychological horror against their victims whether or not if civilian or government. We need a better healthcare system so that we can treat mental illness before mental illness persons commit mass murder.

You have folks who are alienated and marginalized in a failing education system. This only creates more terror in our school systems where youths are learn an education, but that freedom of learning gets snuffed from them by a lunatic.

Increase debts, bills are going up, people are becoming more and more brazen, folks may resort to black market, drugs, rob banks and so forth.

Than you have issues with immigrants such as Muslims due to rise of ISIL in Iraq and Syria, an organization that US help create as well as an offshoot of Al Qaida. You have Americans who fear Muslims, but also Muslims who our part of the American community and the American experience who deserve aright to live are also taking up arms to protect themselves, family and property from fellow Americans.

As for the recent shootings of black People in this country? Lets get this straight, whites are more likely to be murdered by police thank blacks. BLM is sponsored and supported by media to divide people. At the end of the day Human Lives Matter. As for these shootings? You can clearly see officers situation break down and officers loose their ethics, procedure goes out the window along with trying to remain cool all in the name of misconduct. What's going to happen is that the USDOJ will have to reform Law Enforcement across the board. We need to support our officers, how ever if officers throw ethics, procedure and misconduct out the window, they should be held accountable and stripped of title and face necessary prison time.

Overall this is the sign for things to come. Their will be more and more mass shootings, and more and more acts of terror rather if it is from a Jihadist, or from an extreme right or left wing movements. All I can say is that folks must remain vigilant in the tough times ahead that we face as a people. If the US continues to fail its people, expect folks to take action at all means necessary.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:12 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
I want my country back... they (Obama) can keep the change.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:13 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What did we have 8 years or more ago?

Housing collapse
Rising healthcare
Rising national debt
Rising unemployment
Corporate bailouts
Iraq war number 2
Rising illegal immigration
High energy prices
Offshoring of labor

So yeah I would say these things were on the list back then.
And they're still there today, much of it worse than it was.

So tell me.......

What exactly has this moron in chief and his left wing radicals achieved in 8 years?

CN

Old 07-09-2016, 05:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

So tell me.......

What exactly has this moron in chief and his left wing radicals achieved in 8 years?

CN
Yes blame the left even though you just acknowledged it was a problem with the right. I would assume you are voting libertarian.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:17 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OP - I agree with some posters that there were always problems but I agree with you that they have become bigger problems. Before taking any comments to heart tho - look at where those disagreeing with you primarily come from - Liberal California or someone who's ID is professor which speaks volumes.

There was so much Obama could have done to unite the nation instead of divide it.
Yes, we should listen to guy on internet with tinfoil on his head instead of the professors.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:19 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I think many problems like the ones the OP posted have been going on for many years but what is new is that social media is so quick to jump on anything and try the issue in the court of public opinion before the evidence is collected.

In the last 8 years terrorism has certainly increased and is now a world wide problem among other problems like the latest disregard for police officers lives and a disregard for the law of the land. I still don't understand how those who broke the law and snuck into the country can get together as a group and demand rights be given to them like any citizen.
I also don't think at any point in our history have we had so many self entitled people dependent on Gov programs and still be so mad about it and demanding more.

We sure are a mess. If Trump gets in and does nothing but enforce the laws we already have and hold people accountable the country would be in better shape.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:31 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Rome went from undisputed leader of the world to the Dark Ages fairly quickly mostly due to corrupt leadership and apathetic population.
And while process was under way, how many of the Romans would have said " Rome will never fall".

My guess: most of them.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:35 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Do you realize how many issues this country now has that we did not have 8 years ago?
  • Violence with police and race
  • Terror from jihadists
  • Diseases - zika, TB, measles, ebola concerns for a time
  • More and more people can't support themselves
  • Health care costs continue to rise
  • Overrun with illegal immigrants
  • Border patrol ordered to not follow the laws
  • Government debt approaching 2.5 times the amount we had back then
  • Involved in an overseas war with no goal for victory
  • More and more government intrusion and control
That's just off the top of my head.

One word... CHANGE. That was Obama's slogan eight years ago. Do we really want more of this?

Next time a politician has a vague slogan - can we clarify the terms? Who thought we would change into where we are today...
Yes and it's sad, isn't it, that some people want to keep these issues and problems alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Each cop and citizen will have a wall built around their person.

With Progressives like Hillary, we'll need that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Excellent response ! The OP sounds like he was born when President Obama was elected and has no prior recollection of these same issues occurring before !
You forget: Obama came on the scene and promised us HOPE and CHANGE. The hope has died and his promised change never came about. He just continued the downward spiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
As a conservative, maybe I should vote for Hillary just so that I can blame all our problems on her in 8 years.
You know it won't work. She'll just blame Bush, as others here blame Bush for Obama's failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

So tell me.......

Old 07-09-2016, 05:38 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Nothing has changed in the last 60 years. maybe even longer. we have been at war with the middle east way to long. They call us all the Big Devil. We call them a backwards society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies