U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 12:38 AM

13,976 posts, read 10,917,583 times

Advertisements

Been wondering what to make of it.

When it comes to cops and black people, it's inevitably "those people had it coming; you should always comply with what the cops say; cops are right and need to be supported; we need rule of law, etc."

Then as soon as it comes to cops and anyone else - specifically one of them or another conservative - the story becomes "cops are agents of the over-reaching government; I'm accountable to none of government's restrictions on my freedom; they better keep their hands off me; I've got my guns loaded and ready to counter their tyranny, etc. etc."

I guess there isn't much I have in mind other than to point it out as it's going to be predictably unproductive to expect any real answers.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:41 AM

1,549 posts, read 667,485 times
Food for thought.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:44 AM

14,307 posts, read 15,127,911 times
As I and others posted in other threads, when a white guy gets shot or takes a beating by the cops, many believe he had it coming.

Not a double standard. Just different reactions.

Remember the nine bikers who got shot to death by cops in TX?

No riots. No looting. No trashing of neighborhoods.

Maybe many in white American culture are just different than many in black American culture.

Diversity of thought and reaction.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:55 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,887,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
As I and others posted in other threads, when a white guy gets shot or takes a beating by the cops, many believe he had it coming.

Not a double standard. Just different reactions.

Remember the nine bikers who got shot to death by cops in TX?

No riots. No looting. No trashing of neighborhoods.

Maybe many in white American culture are just different than many in black American culture.

Diversity of thought and reaction.

I can agree hate to say it like this, but there are Trash, and then Class! and it shows.

Culture or what anyone wants to call it, some are plain ignorant and that comes in any race.

There are educated, and there are low lives and that too will never change.

What I hate are trashy people who feel that violence solves all problems in life, when all it does is magnify the situation.

When you take to trashing and burning the area in which you live, you are trash. And there is no justifying the ignorance within you.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:00 AM

78,768 posts, read 33,515,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

When it comes to cops and black people, it's inevitably "those people had it coming; you should always comply with what the cops say; cops are right and need to be supported; we need rule of law, etc."

Then as soon as it comes to cops and anyone else - specifically one of them or another conservative - the story becomes "cops are agents of the over-reaching government; I'm accountable to none of government's restrictions on my freedom; they better keep their hands off me; I've got my guns loaded and ready to counter their tyranny, etc. etc."

I guess there isn't much I have in mind other than to point it out as it's going to be predictably unproductive to expect any real answers.
This point has already been pointed out. Read before posting.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:01 AM

10,717 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Quote:

People want a government that doesn't interfere unduly in their lives. They also want to be protected from violent black criminals. There is no double standard there.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:06 AM

420 posts, read 397,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
People want a government that doesn't interfere unduly in their lives. They also want to be protected from violent black criminals. There is no double standard there.
Maybe you just want to be protected from "violent black criminals." The rest of us want to be protected from ALL criminals - be they violent black ones or those white bankers in suits and ties ripping us off. I don't give a rat's posterior what color they are or how they dress or what they drive or where they live, just make sure they leave me and mine alone.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Eric Garner wasn't violent. He just didn't want to be illegally searched.

He should have just complied though, correct?

Old 07-09-2016, 02:10 AM

17,751 posts, read 15,639,452 times
Quote:

Idiotic. You are advised not to resist arrest. Most of the killing happens when resisting arrest. The idea is to get to a jury of your peers.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Idiotic. You are advised not to resist arrest. Most of the killing happens when resisting arrest. The idea is to get to a jury of your peers.
That idea needs to stop. The idea should be for the police to respect our civil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or