Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 09:31 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

I think the guy was mentally ill. The black lives movement pushed him over the edge and the killing of two black men added to it.. too bad someone did not see the signs .

Too many soldiers are killing themselves because they can't handle the stress after coming back home. The guy just went off and got in combat mode. It was brewing for some time. I hate to see anyone die.. he needed help and never got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 09:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Why risk another cop when you can send in a drone?
Of course you are right: Thank God one more cop wasn't killed: thank God for technology in this case. I am shocked when I think anyone could have a problem with this. It isn't like there was no attempt to try and to reason with him?

Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
MSNBC Live guest Haley Edwards says the fitting of the robot to blow apart the scumbag in Dallas was mean.
She claims the robot wasn't designed for such violence, and should only be used for observation and other pleasant tasks.

It WAS mean and inhumane. Someone should set up a Gofundme page for the robot's family.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:42 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Five dead cops...that guy was never going to be taken alive.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I think the guy was mentally ill. The black lives movement pushed him over the edge and the killing of two black men added to it.. too bad someone did not see the signs .

Too many soldiers are killing themselves because they can't handle the stress after coming back home. The guy just went off and got in combat mode. It was brewing for some time. I hate to see anyone die.. he needed help and never got it.
So it is society's fault this happened? How about the fact we have innocent cops and others dead? Should the police just have walked up to him as he was shooting and said; "we understand, you feel mistreated, let's go to jail and we will get you some help?"

Tell your sobs story to the families who just lost their loved ones, who were putting their lives on the line for our safety...

Old 07-09-2016, 09:44 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Ironman was busy that day at a Trump rally.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:47 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It WAS mean and inhumane. Someone should set up a Gofundme page for the robot's family.
The Robot lost his arm and is being fitted for a prosthetic.
He's getting a handicapped parking sticker and his kids are getting a scholarship to UT

They are talking about renaming a street in his honor.

You know, MSNBC really comes up with some senseless crap.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:54 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
" The Left Shocked At Using A Robot To Whack The Dallas Cop Killer "

Naw, everybody thinks it's pretty cool. The media is just trying to drum up a controversy to increase viewership. More viewership equals job security and more money. Liberal leaning media finds somebody that objects, conservative media can now object to the left's supposed shock. Let us all dance in circles around the talking heads, blah blah blah, I ain't playing.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:57 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
My goodness. Why is everything dumbed down? There are real issues at hand here. A RC IED robot is a military tactic ..... the issue at hand is do we want the police to have military technology? Drones, RC robots, sentry guns, mines, and Rocket propelled Grenades.... ? Resostance is Futile

Old 07-09-2016, 09:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

The help is readily available for our military veterans. I know this, having had two kids and two kids' spouses deploy in our military, to combat zones in the ME, and come back. They were made very aware of all sorts of counseling and treatment options that are available to all veterans.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I have one son who DEFINITELY has a pretty bad case of PTSD after having spent 20 months with an infantry unit in Iraq during the surge in 2007 and 2008. He needs counseling. Counseling is available. He refuses it. He's an adult. He is a law abiding citizen. No one can MAKE him get the available counseling.

Another observation I have is that personally I think ANYONE who perpetrates this sort of mass shooting - and any serial killer - and any mother who kills all her kids, etc - all those people are mentally ill in some way.

I have a brother who is seriously mentally ill and who thankfully is in a treatment program and doing very, very well. He leads lots of group therapy classes as part of his recovery process and is in the process of getting a degree in mental healthcare. One of the things he always says is this: Not all mentally ill people are "crazy." Mental illness is something that can usually be controlled well by meds and therapy but a person has to decide to submit to a treatment plan. Mentally ill people are still ultimately responsible for their own actions. And being mentally ill doesn't excuse anyone from being a jerk or from behaving in an evil manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies