Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 06:46 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Is what he says about the Dallas ambush, anyone want to point out to him and his supporters that the actions of a few with a AR-15 that use it wrongly doesn't define all of those who own one?
He wasn't speaking to the AR-15, I could not imagine the absolute horror that would follow if the AR-15 was removed from civilian hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 07:12 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
surely a beer will fix this.
Pour it on him along with the kool aid

Old 07-09-2016, 07:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Pour it on him along with the kool aid
Why waste a good beer.....

Old 07-09-2016, 10:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
"Actions of one (black) men do not define.... "
But Obama says the same about Muslims, doesn't he?
Anyway, the Dallas shooter was really unhinged but he was feeding of the rethoric posted by extremist groups on the web. This kind of trash talk became very common amongst racist black groups.
It is similar with Muslim terrorists. I strongly belive that people like Omar Mateen are seriously deranged (and of course not all Muslims are). But these sick scumbags feed off radical Islam propagandists who incite Jihad and violence every day. The lone wolf doesn't act in a void.
And as before, Obama doesn't want to point a finger to the manipulators who create this atmosphere.

Last edited by oberon_1; 07-09-2016 at 11:13 PM..

Old 07-09-2016, 11:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You need to have some common sense here. When it comes to AR-17, which stands for Assault Rifle, 17 rounds, machine guns, all bets are off. Seriously. Nobody, except for the rich, should own any assault guns. That's just common sense. You are better to be murdered by bombs than AR-17s.

"Nobody except the rich should own assault guns?" lol what does that exactly mean?

Old 07-09-2016, 11:46 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
"Actions of one (black) men do not define.... "
But Obama says the same about Muslims, doesn't he?
Anyway, the Dallas shooter was really unhinged but he was feeding of the rethoric posted by extremist groups on the web. This kind of trash talk became very common amongst racist black groups.
It is similar with Muslim terrorists. I strongly belive that people like Omar Mateen are seriously deranged (and of course not all Muslims are). But these sick scumbags feed off radical Islam propagandists who incite Jihad and violence every day. The lone wolf doesn't act in a void.
And as before, Obama doesn't want to point a finger to the manipulators who create this atmosphere.
Bolded for emphasis.
Do we actually know that? All I've heard is he hated cops and white people. I don't know if he actually said that either. Maybe someone can inform me about that.

Obvious he hated cops but couldn't that have come from personal interactions and not from being "pumped up" by an extremist group?

Old 07-09-2016, 11:55 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Bolded for emphasis.
Do we actually know that? All I've heard is he hated cops and white people. I don't know if he actually said that either. Maybe someone can inform me about that.

Obvious he hated cops but couldn't that have come from personal interactions and not from being "pumped up" by an extremist group?
He told the police that he hated white people, especially white cops and that is why he targeted them. He was just a crazy dude. Ex-military so he knew what he was doing. They handled it pretty well given the circumstances.

It's all odds really. Out of a certain number of us walks a crazy person who can do enough damage to set us back a few. Obviously, this isn't specific to the color of your skin. It's just a human being thing. It's always sad, and always terror inducing.

Certainly, doesn't account for most of us. All this hype doesn't really touch all of us personally. Only a few. We just have a lot of empathy and fear. It does cause a lot of tension. If BLM wasn't going on he might have just found a reason to shoot up a movie theater. Who knows.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Is what he says about the Dallas ambush, anyone want to point out to him and his supporters that the actions of a few with a AR-15 that use it wrongly doesn't define all of those who own one?
It's called selective ignorance.

See below as a fine example:

Last edited by steven_h; 07-10-2016 at 12:07 AM..

Old 07-10-2016, 12:02 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You need to have some common sense here. When it comes to AR-17, which stands for Assault Rifle, 17 rounds, machine guns

YOU are making sht up as you go!!! AR stands for Armalite you nut wad. 15 stands for the version, and there is no such thing as an AR17 with a 17 round clip, which you are obviously confusing with Glocks and other hand guns that do use numbers for clip+1 (Glock 17 16+1, Glock 18 17+1...etc.) I believe there is an AR17 from Armalite, but it's a freakin shotgun!

Stop being a misinformation slug, because you look like a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Nobody except the rich should own assault guns?" lol what does that exactly mean?
Nobody should take this poster seriously at this point. Every idea he has magically becomes a fact.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:15 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
Seems like he's falling in line with his party's narrative; be as hypocritical and nonsensical as possible. These idiots are walking contradictions.
They are doing all they can to make assault weapons the culprit to the woes that befall this land.

People would really need to look at some of detailed breakdown of the recent Orlando "massacre" and judge for yourselves. There are plenty in depth and very interesting videos on Youtube that look into Orlando. I will say no more , other than keep an open and objective mind and judge for yourself.

There are some people in this society who will do anything to get rid of legally owned weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies