Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 09:36 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,878,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Desegregation has never done anyone any good.
I'd agree but you need to read the article in it's entirety. The focus of that program was providing extraordinary funding for low income students in low income districts, it failed to produce results. Furthermore here in PA education funding has doubled across the board in the last 2 decades, testing result have remained flatlined. Adequate funding is important but simply throwing money at the problem is not going to solve anything.

There was very small Catholic school near where I lived where 90% of the students went on to get degrees. They did that with no where near the funding or facilities available at the public school. They had dedicated parents, dedicated teachers and dedicated administrators.

Quote:
Blacks being bused out to white schools was never the answer.
In this case they were trying to get white kids to come to black schools because of the extraordinary facilities and amenities.

Quote:
As for family education, how do you tell a 15 year old black girl not to fool around and get pregnant, because her 16 year old boyfriend won't be around to support her or the baby, when her mother dd the same thing when she was 15?
It is a vicious circle, with no parenting intervention from the gitgo.
It has spawned generations of uneducated offspring.
Parents are uneducated,so how are they to set an example for their kids.
If the answer to that question was so easy we wouldn't be having this discussion. What I would suggest the first steps should be is kick the Al Sharpton's to the curb and support black leaders in those communities that are blaming these problem on internal forces instead of external ones. As long as these kids grow up in this environment things are not going to change, changes in environment have to come from within.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:41 AM

88,697 posts, read 44,482,974 times
Quote:
As for family education, how do you tell a 15 year old black girl not to fool around and get pregnant, because her 16 year old boyfriend won't be around to support her or the baby, when her mother dd the same thing when she was 15?
For one, we STOP financially rewarding them for doing so. Make unwed teen motherhood a burden, not a freebie benefits cash cow.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:55 AM

11,306 posts, read 16,614,252 times
Quote:
Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks.
Stuff like this has been going on for years, long before BLM.

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
Don't think so?
Take a look at the black communities in this country and get a first hand look at the results of neglect.
Neglect in proper housing, schools, public services etc.

Blacks, not all, have this notion dating back to the days of slavery, that America owes them something, while the whites say that was over two hundred years ago, we owe you nothing, and nothing is what the blacks are getting, and that is absolutely wrong.

Blacks don't want reparations, they want and need help.
They want the same schools that whites enjoy, they want the same highly skilled teachers teaching their kids, they want public services in their communities, the same as in the white communities.
These things are available in the white communities, so why not the black?

Why should the color of their skin determine their fate?
Most blacks are citizens of this country, and ought to be treated like the rest of the citizenry are treated.
Why in the black communities are there no opportunities offered as in white communities?
Why are there no community colleges in black communities?.
Why no startup and small business in black communities?
The why's list could go on and on.
Shamefully, the answer to these and many other why's is all the same, plain and simple, those in a position to offer help and opportunity to the black community, have turned a blind eye to the black community.

Many businesses, big and small in white communities got a start with government funding, as well as their blessing.
What is it about the black communities that puts a wall between them and those that should be helping?

Perhaps this coming from a white person may seem strange to some of you, but understand, blacks deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, and sadly is hasn't been forthcoming, and as a result, instead of peaceful co-existence, we now have civil unrest, bodering on race war.

In this day and age, that is just not acceptable.
Most blacks don't want handouts, they just want the same opportunities afforded the rest of the population.

Sadly, I believe many in law enforcement look at the black populations as something lower than the rest of us, and that is unacceptable.
The unrest in the black communities is nothing new, it has been going on for years.
When is the rest of the country going to realize these people need, and want help?
When will the rest of the population realize the same things they enjoy and take for granted, are sadly missing in the black community?
They need community development, schools and colleges, unbiased law enforcement also.
I believe the white population is mostly to blame for the unrest in the black communities across this country, and they better damm well understand that unless the problems within the black communities are addressed, all hell is going to break out, and soon.

Blacks have been neglected for far to long.

Why even here in LosAngeles, and I think it fair to say, many other cities in this country, illegal aliens are treated better, and given more opportunity than the blacks in this country.
I believe we have our priorities a bit misguided.

Bob.

Then stop voting for the party that has done nothing for blacks.

How many large urban cities have been dem controlled for decades and yet, the people are still poor and don't kid yourself, even black dems have done very little.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

So the question remains...why?
Many of these black communities have gone backwards since the civil rights movement. I would blame that on two things, lack of good leadership and liberal welfare policies that breed poverty.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This is such a dumb comment. My parents came to this country with nothing. However, they are intelligent enough to understand that there is difference between being brought to a nation in chains and under slavery/Jim Crow for over 350 years and those immigrating after those years.
Here's the conditions for whites in my area about 100 years ago. While the these kids and the parents of these kids were not forced to do this they were left with little choice. Since they were expendable in many cases they would be treated worse than slaves. Do or die.

Trying to blame modern problems on the conditions your ancestors grew up in is absurd.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:39 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,040,588 times
Quote:
Desegregation has never done anyone any good.

Blacks being bused out to white schools was never the answer.

That was snot what the black people needed, or wanted.

They wanted those schools in their own areas, and it should have been that way from day one.

It is a vicious circle, with no parenting intervention from the gitgo.

It has spawned generations of uneducated offspring.

Parents are uneducated,so how are they to set an example for their kids.

I would bet the farm, there are programs with in the federal, state, and local governments aimed at(white) areas where community programs are available to uneducated people to help them out of poverty, and family counseling to help them raise productive children.

I would also bet none of these things exist within the black community.

If they can be up and running in white and hispanic communities, surely they could be in black communities, but they are not.

What these government programs are telling the blacks is, "you come to our community development facilities, and family counseling centers, and our lilly white employees will help you get on your feet"

Why have these centers available to the rest of us not been created within the black communities.?

Blacks need these resources with in their own districts.

Face it, blacks have no where to turn, and we whites wonder why they are destructive.

Have you never felt that sometimes you are at the end of your rope?

Now you know how the blacks feel, only difference is they feel it every day of their lives.

In the rare instance they try and organize to make their lives better, they are called racist.

Whites want to bury their heads in the sand, and pretend there is no problem, that if there is, let the blacks handle it themselves, after all, it's their problem.

What whites fail to understand is, the problem is their's as well as the blacks, and I fear if something isn't forthcoming to change the system, all hell is going to break out.

Dallas was an eye opener, and people better pay attention.

Bob.

Don't bet the farm because you will lose it. None of your conclusions are based on the facts. Many of your unsubstantiated beliefs have been successfully refuted here already but you are just making up so many erroneous conclusions based on nothing, few want to bother. Maybe you are just trolling to get a rise out people? If not, please do some objective research if you can approach it with an open-mind.

The Left has been the self-appointed sole guardian of Blacks for decades. Others have given you some good clues on where to begin to research facts.

Now the Left has lost the control it thought it had. The only group surprised by this is the Left.

I will give you something else to think about because I never saw it mentioned here or anywhere else. The Left has abandoned Blacks in favor of Hispanics. They are the new darling group, especially the illegal ones. No doubt Blacks have watched you in disbelief doling out freebies to them that they never imagined. Now Hispanics have surpassed them and outnumber them. Maybe that is fueling some of their anger. Maybe the Left will learn from its mistakes.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:21 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,261,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Ya know what, Bob? Blacks need to solve their own damn problems. I. don't. care. about. them.
Then stop.posting.in.threads.about.the.people.you.dont. care.about.

There are certain controversial tragedies that I give no f*** about and i dont post in those threads because I don't care. You obviously feel some type of way about "blacks" since you can't help but comment on us.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:23 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,261,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Many of these black communities have gone backwards since the civil rights movement. I would blame that on two things, lack of good leadership and liberal welfare policies that breed poverty.
Are you black???

Old 07-10-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Are you black???
If that is the qualifications we are going to use anyone white can dismiss criticisms they hear from blacks about whites simply because it's a black saying it.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:12 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,351,890 times
the school board is ran by black educators and black community memebers, because the whites have left the county. There are black community colleges in black neighborhoods and what happen, the black leaders of these colleges get in trouble for tution fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies