Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:50 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Here's some relevant ratios.

Population: 6:1
Murders 1:1

See the issue?

Glad someone factors that, I had already looked at that, but the point is:

Quote:
It's not an issue that people want to see black communities diminish the crime in the poor sectors, but maybe it has to be a broad address which includes the focus on reducing white crime as well. Then people can see it as simply "Crime Reduction" and not take it under any racism discernment's. That is a more feasible approach !!! otherwise its finger pointing at one ethnic group, while ignoring another. THAT'S THE POINT, I'm presenting contrast so that you may awaken to acknowledge.
No one is denying the crime rate among blacks is outrageouly high, has been and continues to be, the point is for IC to see the full picture and address it in ways that people don't fight, but engage to understand, he seems to be single focused, which is the problem.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They won't do that. Either because it exposes how SEVERE the difference in crime rates are, or they DON'T understand even grade school math.

I actually had a poster in another thread claim to be an educator with a doctoral degree, and s/he couldn't even understand basic percentages and statistics. ...Now we know WHY our country's public schools are so bad, comparatively.
It's not that s/he couldn't understand, it's wouldn't understand or admit if s/he did understand.
If it doesn't fit the narrative it's not true, didn't you know that?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:30 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The OP's diatribe could have been written 50 years ago, before LBJ's "Great Society" decimated what was left of black families. Today, every major city is run by black Democrats, who followed white Democrats, and whose only "solutions" have been to spend, spend, spend--then promote metro government (consolidation of city and suburbs to pick the pockets of suburbanites) to shore up their dwindling tax base.

Blacks need to get off the Democrat plantation and stop supporting, without question, the party for whom it's advantageous to view them as simply another class of victims to be exploited.
I can understand why some balk at the plantation reference, but irrespective of that, this is EXACTLY true. Democrats have and retain political power exactly BECAUSE they continue to oppress Blacks so that they can therefore cast them as perpetual "victims."

Do people really not understand that?!?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:36 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
No one is denying the crime rate among blacks is outrageouly high, has been and continues to be, the point is for IC to see the full picture and address it in ways that people don't fight, but engage to understand, he seems to be single focused, which is the problem.
Single focused? How are egregiously high crime rates among Blacks but no other race or ethnicity NOT a problem?

That's EXACTLY why Blacks are profiled by LEOs. That's EXACTLY why people (including other Blacks) are more wary of Blacks than anyone else. How do you NOT understand that?

Old 07-14-2016, 08:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
YOUR ARE INSIDIOUS - Doing anything you can to try and cling to some white is better ignorance. MAN, wake the hell up and get off the pursuit.

You are obviously unable to comprehend that you need to pay attention to white society, instead of your obsession with pursuing deflection, to avoid acknowledging the criminal nature and mentality which is prevasive in white society. What the hell is wrong, can't you get un-stuck from your Jim Crow Grooming?

You are a prime example of the continuing ignorance that is too pervasive in white society of trying to deflect and deny rather than focus in your own ethnic group and try and rectify the madness created and managed by your ethnicity within this society. Geez Whiz!!!!! Talk about "dense", it goes beyond simple density of mentality to comprehend, it goes into the insidiousness of imbecilic self aggrandizing madness.
It may be as simply as the inability to comprehend what is read, that drives the continuance of such utterances, who knows what the instigating factor of the madness is, other than a possibility of guilt mentality of the history of your ethnic lineage to make one so obsessed with this pursuit to push some fictions of innocence.
I can't help one in such a situations, they must live with their own demons until they wake up to face them and learn better to review self before slinging slander aimed ignorance while trying to omit real and true facts as it relates to their own ethnicity.
Why would I pay attention to white society? They don't go around wrecking their neighbourhood. They don't go around promoting the killing of cops as the (B)owe(L) (M)ovement does. White neighbourhood aren't ghetto.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:03 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'm shocked... SHOCKED I say!
If you "care", what does that mean? Do you "care" about poor Hispanics? Are you "caring" about poor whites or blacks? Caring is a feeling. Not an action.

BLM supporters are hating police and whites and being very violent. Their actions are making me very angry.

I don't feel responsible for the problems of blacks or responsible to fix them! I don't care!

I am a former volunteer ESL teacher, community health clinic worker, and GED teacher in math and English. I didn't volunteer my limited free time for so many years because I "cared". I volunteered because I wanted to see results. I volunteered because I wanted to make a difference. "Care" didn't factor. Care is a feel good word for liberals to feel good about themselves. Caring requires nothing but feelings.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-14-2016 at 02:32 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 02:15 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why would I pay attention to white society? They don't go around wrecking their neighbourhood. They don't go around promoting the killing of cops as the (B)owe(L) (M)ovement does. White neighbourhood aren't ghetto.
Where do you live and what blinders do you have on. Speak about AMERICA, not your protected enclaves of high to moderate income areas.
Maybe you have not been in parts of rural American, and in cases you don't have to go to rural America, There is and continues to exist some very trashed up and run down white communities.
They are as such for the same reason many black communities are ravaged by poverty, and the matter is "Poverty"

You guy need to go back and look at HISTORY !!!!! when you look, don't go with the fantasy eyed white idealistic denials; instead pay attention to what you actually see.
This in no ways is meant to diminish the degraded condition of some black communities, it is about a system it's economics and if you go back far enough to learn, you might actually become more aware of the how's and why's these things exist.

Maybe you don't grasp what is dire poverty, and the ramification of "survival mode living", or the elements that created these environments. Sadly, too many white people want not to look at the true historical realism of the severe imbalance in economics on the dire poor, the working poor and the lower middle class.

I wrote a post on this some time ago. It's unfortunate how far too many white people don't want to look back and and learn, because to do so, they will have to face the acts of their ancestry, of which they want not to be associated or related to their own ancestry's real acts and actions. They only want to see it in a glorified concept. They don't want to know how their ancestry contribute to the situations which exist to devastate people to this very day.
They sit and see the unemployment among blacks as high, but they want to blame it on blacks for not having viable jobs, when fact is not even can many of the grads of Uni, find jobs and if they can't, its certainly not likely that poor unskilled whites and poor unskilled minorities will have issues with finding jobs.

This is not the American of an Industrial Boom. This is an American that Industrial deficient. Some white people only want to look at factors when its beneficial to promote their imagery fiction, but reality is composed of much more.

BLM, is specific to exactly what its listed. and that is about " Fair and Equitable Treatment of Blacks by Law Enforcement".

You did not see the Police, shoot John Holmes, after he killed and maimed all those people and came out with an assault weapon, and they knew he had fired on all those people. You did not see them come with an anguished and on edge mentality when they arrested Dylan Roof. Yet they knew he slaughtered those people in the church and they knew he was armed and considered dangerous.

You throw a blind eye to such, when you know darn well if either of those situations had been ethnically reversed, the person would have been killed in both instance, without a doubt.

What white people needs to understand is, Black people are not going to sit on their butts and wait for white people to ration out fairness!!!

As to public service usage, LEARN and the knowledge gained might shut up the slanderous aimed put down of blacks who utilize public services.

No time in American History has much of white society been without the aim to paint negative summary of black people. This is a fact your guys try to come here and deny, while at the same time stroking your own ego as if you come from some race of Angels. That's why people see you as pushing racist ignorance, because in essence that is what you do, as a covert mean of self aggrandizing yourself.

I don't like one bit of the black crime in American, I don't like one bit of the white crime in American, I don't like the crime among the wealthy, and I don't like the crime among the working class of all ethnic groups.

You guys are pointing fingers but not seeking understanding, therefore you goal is nothing but indirect means of patronizing yourself and trying to up-label your ethnicity.

Black society has accessibility under Federal Legislation since 1964, with the passage of the Civil Rights Act, yet, white people as a whole have had 450+ yrs of accessibility, in that case, there should be no poor whites in American, Period!!!!
But you fancifully expect in 50 yrs for blacks to have attained what not all white have attained in 450+ yrs.
Now since you like % and skewing numbers, then factor that in ratio terms of accessibility term, factor that in terms of economic opportunity, and factor that in terms of educational accessibility and functional living wage for a % over such duration vs duration.

No, that's too much work, and it presents what you want to white wash over, and seek denial of fact.

Many white people play too many fantasy games.

It's like with the Presidency, When President Obama took office, the economic was in decline, people homeless, jobless and the financial and industrial sector devastated, while war raged on in two nations driven by the Bush initiated war madness.
YET, White people came with some delusion and illusion of expectation to trying to demand that because President Obama was a black man, that he should FIX IT WITH A MAGIC WAND"..

It was such an insidious expectation, beyond any concept of reason, yet, over time as he worked and continue to work to improve it, some whites don't want to give him credit for the MASSIVE work that was and is being done.

Left to the challengers during election, there would be no GM, and no Chrysler and the whole supply chain would have collapsed, Left to the challengers, they had no concern nor interest to stop the housing loss and no plan for how to get people re-employed, they had not even concern for the massive numbers that would have become unemployed if they had got their way to dismantle GM and Defeat Chrysler. Then this same group of challengers had a whole party with disdain because they had no interest to support programs to help people eat, and stay in their homes, nor did they have any thought of the million of landlords whom too would have lost many properties without rental assistance programs.
Still to this date, so many whites especially right wingers deny respectful credit for the things President Obama has done to move us forward. It's insanity!!! But these same groups have no interest to hold President Bush accountable for the messes created, the wars created and the financial devastation his administration presided over. As usual, he was white so, the aim and intent is to push it all under the rug and pretend it ain't so.

White fantasy and white illusions has been and continues to be a great detriment to this nation, its systems and its people. The generalized selective amnesia is a long standing defeat model that is supported and embraced by whites far too often. Deny anything and sweep it under the rug and pretend it did not happen and then try and powder coat any aspect that cannot be swept under the rug or selectively placed in the sudden amnesia category.

White people have some of the worst "I'm Entitled" delusion on this continent, based on simply being white. It's so ingrained, until most will deny it exist and some will try and cover up when it shows and then there is the let's pretend that it ain't so.

Awaken people - get over yourself, in order to see yourself - then figure out how to better seen and understand what and how the present day realism are outgrowths from what was the past, that day by day morphed into the present day.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-14-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 02:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If you "care", what does that mean? Do you "care" about poor Hispanics? Are you "caring" about poor whites or blacks? Caring is a feeling. Not an action.

BLM supporters are hating police and whites and being very violent. Their actions are making me very angry.

I don't feel responsible for the problems of blacks or responsible to fix them! I don't care!

I am a former volunteer ESL teacher, community health clinic worker, and GED teacher in math and English. I didn't volunteer my limited free time for so many years because I "cared". I volunteered because I wanted to see results. I volunteered because I wanted to make a difference. "Care" didn't factor. Care is a feel good word for liberals to feel good about themselves. Caring requires nothing but feelings.
If you are condemning "caring" as empty blather when nothing is done, then fine.

But understand that no one gets off their arse and takes action over things they don't care about.

Caring is an action. It just doesn't accomplish much.

Not all BLM supporters hate police and whites. The vast majority of them are peacefully protesting. They are taking action to address a problem they perceive and care about.

While many people don't think there is a problem, in my opinion that's hiding one's head in the sand. Being the minority doesn't always mean being fewer in number. Being the minority means having less power. And in our society, being white has meant having power, and being anything else tends to mean having less power. And that often means being the victim of authority.

However entrenched, however systematic it is, there is some validity to black people feeling that they are the victims of authority, and especially the victims of authority when it comes to law enforcement and the judiciary. ALL of their claims may not be valid, because when one is feeling persecuted, there is a tendency to interpret every action as an act of persecution, and my experience is that not every white person is prejudiced, not every action by someone who is not black is an act of persecution. But if someone perceives every action to be persecution, that becomes part of the problem.

BLM is not a hate movement. It is an invitation to the citizens of this country to take a long and uncomfortable moment to critically and impartially evaluate race, and what it means to be black or white in this country. For some people, that may seem hateful, because none of us want to admit that we are insensitive, or racist. We don't want to see ourselves that way, and being asked to do that can feel like an attack.

At the same time, I think, BLM isn't just an invitation to white people to examine our assumptions and prejudices. It's also an invitation to black people to apply those critical thinking skills as well. When we have people who are ostensible supporters of BLM who are also resorting to violence, the question must become why? How is violence going to help the situation? What are the ultimate goals of BLM?

If this is a negotiation, then there has to be give and take on both sides. There has to be forgiveness on both sides. And there has to be a greater understanding. Understanding is achieved by a discourse, a conversation, and in my opinion that is what BLM wants, and what we all want, ultimately. The majority of people in this country are reasonable people who want fairness and justice and peace.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:08 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
DC, I reject the claims by BLM because the data doesn't support the claims of police killing blacks more than any other racial group.

I despise BLM, their supporters, and their violence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/up...ings.html?_r=0

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-14-2016 at 03:46 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 03:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
DC, I reject the claims by BLM because the data doesn't support the claims. I despise BLM, their supporters, and their violence.
The data does support some of their claims. It's just that it's more complicated than just racism and discrimination.

I hate the violence. I hate violence, period, because violence seems to me to always be destructive, and I think we can all achieve our goals by acting constructively. I don't think hatred of BLM is very constructive, either. I'm not okay with all of their message. But like them, I'm not okay with unarmed black men dying. Like them, I'm not okay with law enforcement officers being afraid of black men. I can understand why law enforcement may be afraid, I can understand why law enforcement may be more aggressive in situations involving black men. But it's a problem. And I do care. And I think you care, as well, because if you didn't then I don't think your feelings would be so engaged that you would "despise" anyone.

Black Lives Matter isn't saying that ALL lives don't matter. They are saying that from their perspective, that in our society black lives don't matter as much as other lives, and that that is wrong. And you and many others are saying that that isn't true, that from your perspective that in our society black lives do matter as much as anyone else's. So what we need to do is to examine why black people think that our society doesn't value black lives. What has happened to make them think that? What needs to happen so that they won't think that anymore? And we really need to do this, because it is unacceptable for a large group of people in our society to feel devalued. That IS a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies