Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gary Johnson will come in third at best.

How does that help?
Gary Johnson will definitely come in third or better. Might come in second or first, actually. And it's an election. The people get to choose and anything can happen. If people would stop showing up and voting straight ticket for the same party their mommy and daddy said was right, Johnson would win this thing by a landslide!

There has never been an election with both big parties putting up such terrible candidates. There has never been a better time to vote for something/anything else. Clearly, Gary Johnson is the best "anything else" option. If Johnson gets 10-20% of the vote, then it might just dispel the idiotic myth that you have to vote D or R. If Johnson gets 20-30%, that sentiment would be even stronger. And if Johnson gets 30-40%, he'll actually win this thing!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:23 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You should know how to interpret what you see ?!!@#!!,
Do you really need the FOX network and Radio Talking Head and Right Winger Punditry to tell you how to interpret what you've seen???

I do know how to interpret what I see.

We saw nothing prior to, or during, the Castile shooting. We saw some of what happened prior to, and all of what happened during, the Sterling shooting.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the "FOX News/Right Winger" nonsense. I'm not a Right Winger and I seldom watch FOX News.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:03 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I voted for Kerry in 2004 and for Obama twice. I'm a millennial, I'm educated, and I'm not white. I'm the Dems primary target demographic. I genuinely believed the liberal movement was about making lives better for everyone and coming together, but after Friday it is extremely evident the left does not care about the lives of law enforcement officers, and is just as partisan and divisive as the right, and because of that I will never vote Democrat again.

I have seen very little sympathy for those officers from the "left" and practically none from the black lives matter movement which Obama and Hillary are vehemently supporting. After Paris almost every liberal on my social media networks had Paris flag colors on the profiles and after Orlando they all had post about "we stand with Orlando" and things similar. I have seen hardly any such response for the officers who were slaughtered in Dallas. Black lives matter didn't even take ONE DAY off from protesting for NATIONAL SECURITY reasons, being that their protest require officers to be on the streets and that puts them AND protestors at more risk from other attacks. They could of at least called off protest on Friday and then resumed on Saturday in the face of a national crisis and in a symbolic mourning for the slain officers. At the very LEAST, they could have had some signs in memory for the slain officers during their protest, but there were none. There was almost no mention of the Dallas officers on the Black Lives Matters website.

And MSNBC and CNN's response to this whole situation has been abominable. They have become just like Fox news: completely partisan and reporting with biased opinion instead of objective facts. They have been unsympathetic to the lives lost, have been politicizing the situation, and trying to blame the incident on gun control instead the real issues involved here. I will never watch ANY major news network ever again.

To make things worse, black lives matter and the "left" has had very little response to the horrendous black-on-black violence that is taking place in Chicago. If you live in Chicago you need to be worried about being shot by a black gang banger, not by the cops. The lack of concern over this proves this movement isn't about black lives at all, it's about a war on police, and its about playing politics. #NeverDemocrat #NeverRepublican
I am glad to see that you have finally grown up and matured.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:25 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
My only problem with the GOP is their anti-union, right to work middle class killing policies.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:52 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
I believe the democratic party has done a grave injustice to America and to themselves for many years now....and I'm not a republican, and did vote for Obama in his first term...but I've watched under his watch the past 8 years, how America is decaying from the inside out....

They have done much damage in the past 8 years....in all aspects of their reign.

but I also, have lost faith in the Republican party as well.

It's no secret, I'm voting for Trump, but if he doesn't come thru with what he has promised, well, let me just say, a whole lot of Americans are watching him, and he'd better not be selling a whole lake of truth to disguise one pt. of poison...b/c he will be called out....Americans are sick of it.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-21-2016 at 06:01 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My only problem with the GOP is their anti-union, right to work middle class killing policies.
well, I've gotta tell you, as in everything, every Group, agency, whatever, always takes things to the extreme opposite, and my problem with Unions is they have become way too rediculous, and working construction, I've seen the corruptness in them as well....

I've been bullied at work by a union member. She was a union delegate...thought she had more power then she does...and she used that, and her friendship with the union leader to actually trade managers, and she got very nasty...wow, I've known her for a long time...and have never seen behavior like this before. I contacted the union to discuss with them, and do you know, the union leader told her we were going to have a meeting...??????? That was supposed to be completely confidential. And this woman that was being a bully, shared with me, confidential information about other union members, etc...plus talks about everyone and their brother, she literally feeds off of gossip.

Unions in my book have gone to hell and have gone way to far with their attitudes and getting greedy, they are the reason, corporations moved to other countries.

I know and have seen Union workers, who do nothing but read on their jobs, for over 30.00 an hour....come on, get real!

I know of a woman who was protected by the Union, and yet, got away with murder, never showed up for work....so...please? Women like that, give the rest of us a very bad name. And I've heard managers tell me, that their admins, constantly say, "I don't do this or that?" I've asked fellow union workers for coverage, and they've refused....No sir, I would never again back a union. These idiots have done this to themselves. I'm shocked the company doesn't get rid of the union all together.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
well, I've gotta tell you, as in everything, every Group, agency, whatever, always takes things to the extreme opposite, and my problem with Unions is they have become way too rediculous, and working construction, I've seen the corruptness in them as well....

I've been bullied at work by a union member. She was a union delegate...thought she had more power then she does...and she used that, and her friendship with the union leader to actually trade managers, and she got very nasty...wow, I've known her for a long time...and have never seen behavior like this before. I contacted the union to discuss with them, and do you know, the union leader told her we were going to have a meeting...??????? That was supposed to be completely confidential. And this woman that was being a bully, shared with me, confidential information about other union members, etc...plus talks about everyone and their brother, she literally feeds off of gossip. She asked me once, if I repeated any of her stories, I guess because she got in trouble for saying some things, and I told her, "if you have to ask me, then don't tell me these things!" I have lost all respect for her. I've seen her literally talk about a gal, who is no good, and now their best buds. Pathetic human being.

Unions in my book have gone to hell and have gone way to far with their attitudes and getting greedy, they are the reason, corporations moved to other countries.

I know and have seen Union workers, who do nothing but read on their jobs, for over 30.00 an hour....come on, get real!

I know of a woman who was protected by the Union, and yet, got away with murder, never showed up for work....so...please? Women like that, give the rest of us a very bad name. And I've heard managers tell me, that their admins, constantly say, "I don't do this or that?" I've asked fellow union workers for coverage, and they've refused....No sir, I would never again back a union. These idiots have done this to themselves. I'm shocked the company doesn't get rid of the union all together.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:32 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
You're using bad information to blame something that has little to do with killing the middle class. Coal miners are middle class, why aren't you hammering Obama for the destruction of millions of middle class jobs?

Recipe: Over tax corporations, force a minimum wage while at the same time allowing these companies to abuse H1B visa's. So, they export low tech jobs overseas, then hire foreign high tech workers at half price <<<THIS is the foundation for killing off the middle class.

People need to stop jumping over dollars to pick up nickles. Cherry picking minor issues to justify their outrage toward one or the other side.

Facts are facts. Anyone who votes for Hillary is voting for a lying, manipulating, crony capitalist who's most consistent trait is being above the law. We will witness millions of sheep voting for her, KNOWING she is the worst candidate in a century, because of that D and nothing more.

At least I can respect those voting for Trump, since he IS NOT part of the establishment and his R shakeup has been entertaining for sure.

No respect for anyone who will vote for a criminal being protected by the establishment.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Same here. As a private c15/11 contractor for nearly 30 years, I had done work for union shops that hired us off the books to save money on their residential work. Every now and then we get ice cold stares from the union slugs even though we were no threat to their gig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies