Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 07:35 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,205,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
...and the liberal politicians have obviously been given directives to go out there and incite people to kill police.
Pretty much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:44 PM

15,589 posts, read 10,320,893 times
I think Reinette Senum is not only wrong I think she is a very stupid, uninformed, easily manipulated woman. She has a right to her opinion, however.

Fortunately, she doesn't represent me. Her constituents will respond to her and her views favorably...or not...I'm sure in the next election for her council seat.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:53 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,451,643 times
Her feelings are totally valid to herself......just like all other Blacks feel extra-offended when something happens to their fellow Blacks.

The idea that nationality/nationalism, is something that people put above race/gender/religion/political-party/social-ideology(lib/con), is hilarious.

It's obvious that all this PROGRESS, with regards to race-relations, totally crumbles-away when a little pressure is applied.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:36 AM

10,311 posts, read 8,489,553 times
Well she must be getting pushback as she removed the statement and has since issued an apology. Maybe the boycott of her restaurant in that small town of hers had something to do with it?
I'm from Ca and this just embarrases me.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is it inflammatory? It is. Should an elected official do better? They should.

I'll repeat a story I already told once. 20 years ago I worked with an older black gentleman. He admitted to being racist. I told him that we simply had to get beyond color for things to get better. He agreed and said he had hoped the next generation would be able to do so.

He then told me about his daughter integrating the local school system. How he would have to go to school every day at lunch and sit with her because no one else would. About the names he could hear the other kids call her.

He told me about cleaning watermelon rinds and chicken bones out of his yard because of him being the one who sent his daughter to the white school.

He said he will never get beyond that. He is now gone but having kids myself I completely understood. I do not know that I would ever get over that either.

Blacks have seen these kinds of actions for decades. No one cared until the videos started surfacing. I can understand some inflammatory remarks.
What many are missing is the difference between sympathizing and trying to make things better and overcompensating.

The politicians and do-gooders of today are seriously overcompensating which will end up neither making things better nor fixing anything.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,984,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What many are missing is the difference between sympathizing and trying to make things better and overcompensating.

The politicians and do-gooders of today are seriously overcompensating which will end up neither making things better nor fixing anything.
I don't know what that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies