Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 02:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,491,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I don't think people should be judged by how they dress. We all wear what we think looks good on us.
Exactly! A hoodie in the rain in now thug wear.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,269,874 times
Whites are just more determined now to treat good Black people the same as they would anybody else.

No reason not to.

It is just the thugs ,gangsters and other troublemakers we have an issue with.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:05 PM

50,433 posts, read 24,019,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'll say it again since you didn't answer me the first time:

Are you skeptical of the response you've received from white folks since the shootings? Should I be skeptical of the attitude of the AA men I was talking to the other day?
I'll answer you. As I recall your earlier post, the AA men you mentioned were working and doing their job with you as customer. Perhaps they were as nice as you perceived them to be. Perhaps they were just doing their jobs. I'm not sure the situation was conducive to being sure either way.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:08 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,686,940 times
As a white guy i've never had one problem with anyone from a racial standpoint, everyone gets treated as equals by me.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:18 PM

52,000 posts, read 52,442,799 times
Quote:
But, nope, business as usual. They still smile at me in passing and say "Hi there buddy" or "how's your day going?"...as if our nation isn't flirting with a race war.

This forum is full of nutjobs that take far too many extreme views on things.

Most average everyday people are civilized and act politely regardless of color. LOL.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:51 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,066,718 times
Quote:
But, nope, business as usual. They still smile at me in passing and say "Hi there buddy" or "how's your day going?"...as if our nation isn't flirting with a race war.
Hey, we are all from the human race.. we just have different shades which is good.. so glad we don't all look the same.. we would look like robots or clones.. all good , big , small, tall , short, dark and light,all good. All beautiful.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:01 PM

21,413 posts, read 10,499,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sounds like someone gets all their info from TV and movies, doesn't it?

You see that pretty frequently on the NYC forum...people who visit the city for the first time and then are shocked to find so many people were friendly.
I have heard from a lot of friends who visited NYC how they were expecting rudeness but didn't get it. One even lost her purse full of cash on the subway, only to find it at the hotel she was staying at with all her cash intact. Apparently she had a hotel key and some Good Samaritan brought her purse back to her.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,406,507 times
I won't treat my friends any differently then I have in my life time. They are my good friends, and we have many things in common.

Why would I treat my friends differently because of the actions of thugs, and people who believe that violence solves problems while creating chaos all around them. I would never do that. Most of us do want the same things out of life, and I have always said on this forum, there is good and bad in all races, and those who have an agenda, regardless of what color they are.

At the end of the day, A surgeon as the one's in Dallas, who in my opinion are brave souls and I am proud them, and showed us today, that they want this problem solved. They would not treat one color of skin any differently then the other. We all bleed the same color blood.

I have had my friends for over 20 and some 30 years, so these are not fly by night friendships. I was raised and I truly was to see the good in all people my grandmother instilled this in me, she would be disappointed in me. Because I too and can admit it, get caught in the gloom and doom. And say things in the spur of the minute without hesitation . I think we all are guilty of saying things we do not mean in the moment, and maybe from this point on, we need to truly listen to each other. These situations these racial problems we still face, sadden me, I wish we could solve the problem.

If we cannot come together as one, then we will not solve this problem. Isn't enough enough~

Old 07-11-2016, 05:06 PM

21,413 posts, read 10,499,608 times
Quote:
That's the irony of my OP, bro. Hell, just read most of the responses in this thread.

Believe me, I know where we stand.
Yeah, only in your own mind. I personally never pass a black person by and then call them the n-word behind his or her back. That's insane!

Old 07-11-2016, 05:17 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,066,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
Blacks are not going to change anything. When the smoke dies down nothing will have changed. Its like after the civil war, freedom is all they have, its all that has been given them. Their culture is still rotten and still crime ridden and they are not able, willing or taught a better education. Until they quit blaming everyone else for the problems of their own making then nothing will ever change.
The elitists like Hillary put blacks in the projects far away from their elite neighborhoods.. give them a welfare check which black people barely exist on.. the black men can't find a good job or any kind of job.. thanks to Nafta.

Blacks are getting educated. I believe they are becoming smarter, stronger, and more independent. But we have those who are trapped in the projects, women who are trying to raise their children alone. There are good mothers and try their best and it is not easy. Raising kids without a father is tough. Peer pressure is pulling these kids into crime , drugs and it is destroying them. I see the potential in these kids to be successful and strong.

We need more jobs , better jobs and stop the global takeover of our economy. I don't want to see a bunch of Detroits around the country. When jobs leave , poverty sets in..

I also see many white neighborhoods too where every person is on welfare because that last factory closed and went to Mexico. I have talked to the towns people in PA.. some towns have the entire main street area closed. No pizza parlor. no movie house, because they don't have the money to buy a pizza and go to a movie. There houses are old and crumbling.

Same with black neighborhoods. It is hard..

The elitist of this nation give lip service only . They are allowing jobs to disappear and poverty follows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies