Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 03:57 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I wouldn't mind giving them a state of their own, and allowing them to manage it. But if it turned out the way Detroit did, are the rest of the states going to be forced to pay for it?
Do some research on LIBERIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

643 posts, read 471,288 times
They can have Jamaica. Its already a crap hole.

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Hillary and Obama have been steadily pumping fuel on this for 8 years.
How they are doing this?

Old 07-11-2016, 04:00 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Google? Is that ol' friendly Google saying BLM has called for separate states as Limbaugh is apparently saying or is he just blowing smoke, again?

From the article some are too lazy to read:

Quote:

Omowale was speaking in an interview set to air Sunday night on this reporter’s talk radio program, “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio,” broadcast on New York’s AM 970 The Answer and News Talk 990 AM in Philadelphia.
Omowale used the interview to claim five states as belonging to the “Black Nation”: Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia.
The revolutionary stated: “We just need to start migrating back to those states and taking control of the economics in those states. If black people move in, most definitely white people will move out. So it’s not a hard process for us to have our own country within a country.”
Omowale is also co-founder of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, a black militant gun group named after Black Panther Party founder Huey P. Newton. According to reports, Dallas shooter Micah X. Johnson “liked” the Huey P. Newton Gun Club and Omawale has said that he recognized Johnson from black community events in Dallas. …
… The Huey P. Newton Gun Club says on its website it is seeking to “develop over time to a regimented Black Army.”

Endquote.

If you can't be bothered to read the answers to the questions you pose, why pose the question in the first place?

Old 07-11-2016, 04:01 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
Limbaugh is simply saying what a lot of black lies matter are saying. If you can not handle the truth then don't listen to Limbaugh.

haha really? media= ratings--- ratings= money - crazy announcers just making el money- they each have a spin--- and you can put your money on that spin long before open their mouths, silly people - but you know we all love high speed rides at the fair, and fast cars and creature features -- Because we all love to be SCARED!
dont need to buy a tickets to hears these crazies on the radio

Old 07-11-2016, 04:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
From the article some are too lazy to read:

Quote:

Omowale was speaking in an interview set to air Sunday night on this reporter’s talk radio program, “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio,” broadcast on New York’s AM 970 The Answer and News Talk 990 AM in Philadelphia.
Omowale used the interview to claim five states as belonging to the “Black Nation”: Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia.
The revolutionary stated: “We just need to start migrating back to those states and taking control of the economics in those states. If black people move in, most definitely white people will move out. So it’s not a hard process for us to have our own country within a country.”
Omowale is also co-founder of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, a black militant gun group named after Black Panther Party founder Huey P. Newton. According to reports, Dallas shooter Micah X. Johnson “liked” the Huey P. Newton Gun Club and Omawale has said that he recognized Johnson from black community events in Dallas. …
… The Huey P. Newton Gun Club says on its website it is seeking to “develop over time to a regimented Black Army.”
So what? For every Black person who expressed those thought there are probably two White people saying the same thing.

They are all doing the same thing; expressing their frustration with what they perceive are injustices.

Are 'well-regulated militias' only for white people? Scary when blacks do the same thing?

uh huh

Old 07-11-2016, 04:06 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They oighta listen to Rush and learn the truth.
I don't listen to Rush..

Old 07-11-2016, 04:15 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So what? For every Black person who expressed those thought there are probably two White people saying the same thing.

They are all doing the same thing; expressing their frustration with what they perceive are injustices.

Are 'well-regulated militias' only for white people? Scary when blacks do the same thing?

uh huh
Incorrect assumption.

The op comment was that Rush Limbaugh reported that the black panthers wanted separate states. According to the quote I easily found in a less than one minute search, the statement from Limbaugh was correct.

I didn't say anything about whites wanting the same thing and nothing about the 2nd Amendment. A question was asked, I answered it.
I am not the one adding the inflammatory rhetoric.

If you would address the OP and topic it would be a nice change of pace for the entire board since it seems the only way people can converse here is in insults and attacks.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:18 PM

270 posts, read 198,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So I was listening to the radio today as I took my kids to the beach today. I am not a frequent listener and I only heard 1 segment.

However, he was saying that Black Lives Matter doesn't want what is in the constitution that they want independent black states within the country.

He was implying, at least in the segment that this was a major theme of the group. The major theme of the group is that they want less police shootings.

How many blacks actually want independent states within the US? Is that not absurd to project that on all of BLM?
I doubt this is actually what Limbaugh said but if he did he is absolutely wrong. BlackLivesMatter has NEVER spoken about creating an independent Black state. They could never even CONCEIVE of a nation-state if they tried. Unless, of course, it was a state run by black feminists, homosexuals, transvestikes, hoodlums, thugs and pimps. But that would not be a state, would it? That would be CHAOS. And chaos IS what they want...and chaos IS what they are getting!

Old 07-11-2016, 04:30 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So I was listening to the radio today as I took my kids to the beach today. I am not a frequent listener and I only heard 1 segment.

However, he was saying that Black Lives Matter doesn't want what is in the constitution that they want independent black states within the country.

He was implying, at least in the segment that this was a major theme of the group. The major theme of the group is that they want less police shootings.

How many blacks actually want independent states within the US? Is that not absurd to project that on all of BLM?

How can we solve the issue when we scream such things.

Is he not guilty what so many have accused BLM of (including myself)? BLM misuses statistics, ie showing total number of unarmed blacks getting shot by police while ignoring that most were justified (ie a person driving a car and hitting cops on foot is considered unarmed if they are shot). Is Rush not misusing the words of a few BLM knuckleheads and implying it represents the majority?
He was commenting on this article from Breitbart....EXCLUSIVE.

"EXCLUSIVE–New Black Panther Leader: Blacks Need to Migrate to Five Southern States, Form ‘Country Within a Country’"

All he did was comment on published media, as he always does...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies