Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 02:58 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,459,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
This is hysterical.

The Republican Platform has not been completed! It's not available yet, and the media is going wild!
"Anti Gay"!..............."Horror Show".......
If you think it's just the media that's being hysterical, read what the Log Cabin Republican's own president has to say about it:

Log Cabin Republicans | A Message on the GOP Platform from Log Cabin Republicans President Gregory T. Angelo
"This isn’t my GOP, and I know it’s not yours either. Heck, it’s not even Donald Trump’s! When given a chance to follow the lead of our presumptive presidential nominee and reach out to the LGBT community in the wake of the awful terrorist massacre in Orlando on the gay nightclub Pulse, the Platform Committee said NO."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 03:01 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,212,268 times
The GOP panders to the religious right, which is generally a nice word for stupid people. The religious right are these people who will go on about how they support limited government and liberty and all that, then tell a gay person that they should not be given any of the same privileges they have. Because they're sodomites.

Naturally, if they continue to do this (and to their credit, they've sort of been doing it less recently), they will alienate a lot of new potential voters. Most young people, liberal or conservative, generally have no negative opinions of homosexuals. I'd say the average young conservative simply thinks that government need not be involved in such personal matters. As basically all rational people already think. The GOP needs to start pandering to reasonable people and start living by their own values for a little while, then maybe they won't get stuck with an loud mouthed outsider with a combover as their nominee.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,821,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Yesterday you claimed there was "room for discussion and debate" if they had a problem providing services. Glad to see you come around.
There is room for discussion and debate. In situations like Kim Davis, specifically, discussion and debate are warranted since her job had a SIGNIFICANT change that infringes her religious freedom and to force her to violate her religious conscience or lose her livelihood is definitely an issue worthy of discussion and debate.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 PM

9,854 posts, read 7,604,899 times
Let's just make it ammendment that LGBT have rights and no one can surpress them. Additionally, no laws federally or state level should hinder against these individuals rights.

Religious beliefs should not be phased into laws or political ideals: Abortion or Homosexuality.

While we're at it let's make ammendments no restrictions with abortions and stem cell research is legal.

In addition, the death penalty should be abolished while we're at it.

Now outside of goverment, military, andnon profit organizations outside of the Church should not discriminate against LGBT individuals or make laws discriminating them. Now Churches and private organizations can.however deny service to LGBT if they want.

Last edited by RunD1987; 07-14-2016 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-15-2016, 04:30 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,809,545 times
Hahahaha, OMG, since Republicans have pretended that The Log Cabin Republicans didn't even exist, and never acknowledged how many homosexual and abortion supporters were in the Republican party........pretending they were all nice moral and 'straight' evangelical Christians, I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this!

Wonder how big the Log Cabin Republican's tent will be at this year's RNC, LOL,LOL,LOL!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 07-15-2016 at 04:44 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 05:56 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,954,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
What about the oral and anal acts that straight people do with people of the opposite gender????

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if a lot of the christian right is worried about these acts, they need to get into policing *everyone's* bedroom behavior. Because, given statistics, on any given day, there are FAR MORE straight people practicing and enjoying these acts than there are gay people - married or not.
Actually, a lot of states did have laws outlawing certain sexual acts, even between a married 'straight' couple. They started to be repealed in the late 1960s, or not enforced, or overturned by various courts. The US Supreme Court struck down all sodomy laws in 2003 (and sodomy was defined, in several states, as including oral/anal sex even between married couples). I think there was even a court case striking down a Texas law concerning the use of 'toys of pleasure' or such.

This is a fun article, from 2008:

FOXSexpert: U.S. Sex Laws, Amusing to Just Plain Silly | Fox News

Many of the laws mentioned are still technically on the books.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:03 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,640,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Actually, a lot of states did have laws outlawing certain sexual acts, even between a married 'straight' couple. They started to be repealed in the late 1960s, or not enforced, or overturned by various courts. The US Supreme Court struck down all sodomy laws in 2003 (and sodomy was defined, in several states, as including oral/anal sex even between married couples). I think there was even a court case striking down a Texas law concerning the use of 'toys of pleasure' or such.

This is a fun article, from 2008:

FOXSexpert: U.S. Sex Laws, Amusing to Just Plain Silly | Fox News

Many of the laws mentioned are still technically on the books.
Oh yeah, I know. We've come a long way from the days when people were actually charged for this stuff.

I find it amusing, whenever anyone gets on this "gays are disgusting because oral/anal sex" bandwagon to point out that more straight people practice oral and/or anal sex than gay people. What, it's disgusting when they do it, but not disgusting when we do it? Give me a break.

When I googled "how many people practice oral or anal sex", quite a few christian sex advice sites popped up that give advice on how to do oral sex. Dunno about anal sex, I would imagine you'd have to work harder to find that, and I'm not interested enough to look.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:07 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh yeah, I know. We've come a long way from the days when people were actually charged for this stuff.

I find it amusing, whenever anyone gets on this "gays are disgusting because oral/anal sex" bandwagon to point out that more straight people practice oral and/or anal sex than gay people. What, it's disgusting when they do it, but not disgusting when we do it? Give me a break.

When I googled "how many people practice oral or anal sex", quite a few christian sex advice sites popped up that give advice on how to do oral sex. Dunno about anal sex, I would imagine you'd have to work harder to find that, and I'm not interested enough to look.

Sounds like more BS from the ***** community, like how the hell could anyone "know" this! To believe this is asinine!

Old 07-15-2016, 09:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,640,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Sounds like more BS from the ***** community, like how the hell could anyone "know" this! To believe this is asinine!
Numbers. They're your friend.

Compare the number of gay people in America with the number of people who report practicing anal and/or oral sex.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:19 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,303,704 times
Default Republicans Reaffirm Anti-Gay Positions

I don't care about social issues, i want to see the economy and security of this country addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies