Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 12:13 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
On balance you might consider yourself lucky. I assume the issues you refer to are not serious disease.

Those who do 'save' a lot by having HC coverage are those unfortunate enough to have awful disease.
BO didn't say those who have awful diseases will save money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 12:16 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
It's really simple. BO made a statement regarding whether or not those who had health care insurance would be able to retain that coverage if his signature legislation was passed. He said those individuals could keep those policies. That turned out to be a false statement. The only relevant piece of information is did I have health insurance prior to BO's signature legislation being passed, and was I told I could keep that coverage. The answer to both questions is yes. Did that occur as BO promised? No, it did not.

No other key information needed. Now would you like to discuss the $2500 savings many were promised?
Yes, we are well aware Obama made a statement that you can keep your coverage, which means you assumed he meant you specifically. That is untrue, you seem to have had health insurance that didn't meet the minimum requirements, therefore you had to get another insurance plan. Which all of this, you seem to be still upset over for some reason even though it is probably a better plan.

So until you show the plan you were on, we can only assume it didn't meet the minimum requirements.

The $2500 is an average number, it doesn't relate to everyone. That is like Gieco telling you 15 minutes with them could save you 15% on your car insurance. That doesn't mean everyone saves 15%, it just means it could save you that amount. The same goes with averages. Since ACA, my insurance coverage has actually been better and has saved me money.

So for me, I am liking ACA, yet I am aware it didn't go far enough for everyone.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I'd rather we spent out time improving what we have.
What makes you think that which was founded on lies should continue to be supported?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Yes, we are well aware Obama made a statement that you can keep your coverage, which means you assumed he meant you specifically. That is untrue, you seem to have had health insurance that didn't meet the minimum requirements, therefore you had to get another insurance plan. Which all of this, you seem to be still upset over for some reason even though it is probably a better plan.

So until you show the plan you were on, we can only assume it didn't meet the minimum requirements.
Why don't you point out where BO said I can keep my health insurance plan if it met certain requirements?

I heard If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfl55GgHr5E

Old 07-13-2016, 12:27 AM

Quote:

The $2500 is an average number, it doesn't relate to everyone. That is like Gieco telling you 15 minutes with them could save you 15% on your car insurance. That doesn't mean everyone saves 15%, it just means it could save you that amount. The same goes with averages. Since ACA, my insurance coverage has actually been better and has saved me money.
Please show where BO says my family could save $2500 per year on premiums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66bgpRRSDD4

Old 07-13-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Why don't you point out where BO said I can keep my health insurance plan if it met certain requirements?

I heard If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfl55GgHr5E
Quote:
Please show where BO says my family could save $2500 per year on premiums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66bgpRRSDD4
Please show me where in those two videos when Obama said your name and family specifically. It's as if you just assumed he meant everyone would see the exact same results.

What's even funnier is that their are people still griping over these two quotes as if that even matters any more.

Look, we get it. You didn't like ACA then, you don't like ACA now, and nothing anyone says is going to change that because you have made your mind up a long time ago about this.

As I have said, until you show what plan you had before ACA, I am going to continue to say you are false and are simply complaining to complain.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:39 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Actually our current private health care system is an extremely bloated system that is more dead weight that could and should be reformed. Though I am sure you would rather have all our money go to prop up a poorly functioning private system than an efficient and functional public system that could easily be much more cost-effective.

You don't want guaranteed health insurance? Such weird thing to get mad about, I always have a hard time understanding right wingers.
"than an efficient and functional public system that could easily be much more cost-effective.'

Show us ONE gov't agency that fits your remark.

P.S. I retired form working for Uncle Sam.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:41 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Please show me where in those two videos when Obama said your name and family specifically. It's as if you just assumed he meant everyone would see the exact same results.

What's even funnier is that their are people still griping over these two quotes as if that even matters any more.

Look, we get it. You didn't like ACA then, you don't like ACA now, and nothing anyone says is going to change that because you have made your mind up a long time ago about this.

As I have said, until you show what plan you had before ACA, I am going to continue to say you are false and are simply complaining to complain.
You are being VERY obtuse!

Do you actually expect him to state EVER person in the countries name?

Old 07-13-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are being VERY obtuse!

Do you actually expect him to state EVER person in the countries name?
Do you think he meant every person would have the exact same results? That is called being naive, in case you didn't know.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:53 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
BO didn't say those who have awful diseases will save money.
Maybe not. But it is the current reality, and one of the few good things about Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies