Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 02:21 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sadly, no. It's the Kos-they want to promote BoweL Movement and make you watch the whole silly thing.

Here's the quick version if you don't want to watch all the trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fiLRekUm5g

Good to hear the thugs were charged. Same thing has happened in other places. We need a BLM Hood Ornaments montage video.
It is hard to argue that the driver intended to harm the protesters and easy to argue she was in fear for her safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 02:22 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,628,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol I thought Republicans were all about freedom and our right to protest? Or is it a new policy platform that freedom only exists in "free speech zones" or "safe spaces"?

Lot of angry white guys in this thread. I doubt any of you would drive through the crowd
I live in LA, and lived in LA during the 1992 riots. There were people of all colors driving through crowds. When people try to smash your window with a rock and drag you out of your car...... you hit the gas.

I worked with someone(who is black) who was driving with her husband, he started to slow down and she told him to floor it, their car was getting hit with items.

So you're wrong, people may be more sheep like today, but if push comes to shove most are going to do whatever it takes to save themselves.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:25 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
....and the protester are charged for the damage they did to the vehicle. Gotta love it when someone with common sense finally deals with these spoiled idiots and their little temper tantrums that block and disrupt the lives of other people. And even more-a police department with some common sense. Have fun with the outrage of the leftard rag.

Angry driver plows into protesters on I-70, police file charges against protesters for SUV damage

Granted there is a problem in that the police allowed these idiots to shut the highway down in the first place, but they ended up doing the right thing.
In the sixties my brother did the same thing and he should not be the one charged with assault, the protestors are the ones holding up traffic illegally. They better learn not to do that. It was reported in our town that local blacks were stopping cars and beating up the occupants. My brother came over the hill and saw the line across the highway and put the pedal to the metal. They scattered and he had no trouble getting through. More people need to do that. They have no right to block public streets. They could cause deaths when emergency vehicles cannot get through.

Then he went to the police department and told them what had just happened so they could go protect the next driver.

Civil disobedience should NEVER be allowed. People need to learn the law and obey it. Cuddling lawbreakers always leads to further lawbreaking. And in Dallas it lead to death. I have had my fill of these lawbreakers.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:28 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
It is hard to argue that the driver intended to harm the protesters and easy to argue she was in fear for her safety.
agreed.

these morons need to be arrested, every single one of them and every single time they block a road or a highway.

enjoy having that on your record.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:43 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,950,448 times
Just like in the video just start driving ahead and unless they have a suicide wish they are going to get out if the way. If they have a suicide wish... grant it.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:34 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
In this case the SUV driver should have been arrested.

In a hostile situation where the car is under attack or maybe the driver would have every right to do what is needed to protect onself. This however is a car at rest with the police present. To drive at people in front of your car is assault. The people blocking your car likely are violating the law. But this gives you no right to attack them. Let the Police handle it.

And damaging the car or whacking the driver may well now be justified as self defense or the defense of others.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:40 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,950,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch;44748074[B
]In this case the SUV driver should have been arrested. [/b]

In a hostile situation where the car is under attack or maybe the driver would have every right to do what is needed to protect onself. This however is a car at rest with the police present. To drive at people in front of your car is assault. The people blocking your car likely are violating the law. But this gives you no right to attack them. Let the Police handle it.

And damaging the car or whacking the driver may well now be justified as self defense or the defense of others.

BS! The people in front of the car should be arrested. The driver deserves a medal. The rest of the drivers should have done the same.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
I believe I would have exited my car and thrown their stupid yellow boxes off to the side and then start slowly moving my car forward. If they started attacking my car, floor for fear and call 911. If any of then ended up under my car, so be it. Try to find a jury to convict me and let Go Fund Me pay for my lawyers.

Of course it's easy to type, maybe more diiicult in the actual situation.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I believe I would have exited my car and thrown their stupid yellow boxes off to the side and then start slowly moving my car forward. If they started attacking my car, floor for fear and call 911. If any of then ended up under my car, so be it. Try to find a jury to convict me and let Go Fund Me pay for my lawyers.

Of course it's easy to type, maybe more diiicult in the actual situation.
And that might have worked. No need to call 911. The cop standing there would have to take action.

But you can't get aggressive and hit them without cause. There is of course a standard tactic by such protesters. They sit or lay in the street. I saw it done to the Police many years ago.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:04 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,895,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
In this case the SUV driver should have been arrested.

True, but since we live in a lawless society now, I'm going to let it slide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies