Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 01:17 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times

Advertisements

Study by black professor shows bias in use of force but not shootings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/up...ings.html?_r=1

Old 07-13-2016, 01:21 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Horrible statement as it argues that Black peopel must seek out white people approval, specifically that I as a black person, I must mention to all white people i debate with that im against black on black violence(Have you ever met someone that was pro black on black violence ????) .

Barkley has done nothing other than fall for the bait and switch argument. Apparently Americans dont believe in the practice of multitasking. You have to address one issue at a time and never mention the others while doing it.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post

My guess is you dont actually have a response, you just know you are supposed to disagree with me.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Black woman here. This is my thought...and many of my friends feel the same way.

Black people need to stop dying for the cause. It's not worth it. There is a major problem in this country with cops unfairly targeting, assaulting, and killing black people. This being the case, I'd like to see more black people think of this when approached and stopped (fairly or unfairly) by the cops. Might the cop treat you unfairly? Maybe. Might the cop act belligerent or racist? Maybe. Might that cop hate minorities? Maybe. Might that cop have a hair trigger? Maybe. What you should do is comply in the moment. Don't run. Don't fight. Don't talk back. Is it unfair. Yes, it is unfair that you have to be on your best behavior to not get killed, unlike a white man. However, is it better to get out of that potentially dangerous situation alive? Yes! Get away from the cop, and then fight him in the courts. Fight them safely and legally! Go home to your families, and stop dying for the cause!

Having said that, there are instances when even that isn't enough (Filandro Castille)...and it's damn sad. I feel, though, that you should give yourself the best chance to get away from those cops alive.

This is where I get frustrated with a lot of black people. I weep over every single black man unfairly killed by cops. I'm sick of it! Stop dying for the f*ucking cause!

I don't disagree with Barkley.
The Minnesota shooting appears to be a screw up and it seems from What we know at this time there was a disconnect in the communication.

The shooting of Alton sterling was justified. He was a 10+ arrested felon who had at least one prison term. Burglary. Sex offenses. Fail to register for sex offenses. Agg battery. Battery. Intimidation. Domestic battery. Possession of stolen property. Possession of weapons.

He had a gun and knew he would be going back to prison for 10+ years because he was probably on parole/probation and he fought and resisted and tried to get to said gun.

100% justified

Old 07-13-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
My guess is you dont actually have a response, you just know you are supposed to disagree with me.
To try to debate with you would be like arguing with a brick wall.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:31 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times
I like his basketball analysis and his societal analysis.

I really wish he'd run for gov in Bama.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
The shooting of Alton sterling was justified. He was a 10+ arrested felon who had at least one prison term. Burglary. Sex offenses. Fail to register for sex offenses. Agg battery. Battery. Intimidation. Domestic battery. Possession of stolen property. Possession of weapons.

He had a gun and knew he would be going back to prison for 10+ years because he was probably on parole/probation and he fought and resisted and tried to get to said gun.

100% justified
You dont know any of the bold to be true.

IN the video, one hand is pinned against the car, the other has the officer kneeling on it.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
To try to debate with you would be like arguing with a brick wall.
Do you believe african americans dont care about black on black violence ???? That is what we would actually be discussing

Old 07-13-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You are right, most black people know we care about Black on black violence therefore there is no reason to think like Barkley
Maybe if black LIES matter was marching in black neighborhoods trying to stop the gang banging, thuggery, killing, drug dealing, and mob fights, the rest of society and police wouldn't have their "racist" thinking about black people.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Maybe if black LIES matter was marching in black neighborhoods trying to stop the gang banging, thuggery, killing, drug dealing, and mob fights, the rest of society and police wouldn't have their "racist" thinking about black people.

There is a lot of flawed logic in that post.

1. You dont ask a Cancer group, to participate in March of Dimes, why would you ask a group, who's primary focus is police interactions to do so with black on black violence ?

2. Why does BLM have to do anything for you to not be racist ????? What about before BLM existed ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies