Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump Fly The #Benghazi Victims’ FAMILIES To 1st Debate With Hillary?
yes 46 70.77%
no 13 20.00%
what good would it do 4 6.15%
other 1 1.54%
Not Sure 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 12:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Exactly! That is specifically reserved for issues pertaining to email servers, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice. People need to get their double standards and lies straight around here!

Either that or Hillary will have to fill the room with investors, contractors, and Trump U students who've been burnt doing business with Donny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 12:29 PM

952 posts, read 518,437 times
Has anyone asked the families if they want to be part of this spectacle? Maybe they have found closure and moved on, and don't want to be used as pawns in a dirty presidential campaign...

Old 07-13-2016, 12:30 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No. Then again, that's expect Drumpf to show some class or civility. So I'm sure we'll be seeing them...

"Class" would have been not killing the four men in the first place and not lying to family members about their deaths in the 2nd instance.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:33 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Exactly! That is specifically reserved for issues pertaining to email servers, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice. People need to get their double standards and lies straight around here!
I'm not sure what your angle is here, but it sounds like you're calling me hypocrite? Why? Because I didn't change the subject to the Democrats, like most people do on this forum the second one of theirs is brought up?

I've made plenty of posts about why I think what happened to Hillary was an obstruction of justice. And just like I don't think Trump should use people to make a political point (like a regular politician would, which Trump TOTALLY isn't... ), I think Hillary should have owned up to her wrong doing with the email server and faced justice. Because at least I could respect her then. I'd still think what she did was wrong, but if she came clean, I could at least appreciate that sign of humility. Now I can't.

Same deal with Trump or anyone else who pulls this sort of stunt. I would never vote Trump (well, I should say the changes are just extremely low), but I would at least respect him if he just went in and did a debate. Setting up people at a political tool is, in my mind, disgusting. And again, can't stress this enough, is something the exact opposite of some political outside who will fight the ways of Washington would act. I know few Trump supporters are willing, either due to ignorance or desperation, to criticize him, but seriously, if he does that, what is it that makes him different than Hillary Clinton or any other career politician?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:34 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
I personally think he should extend invitations to them and let them decide. They may well have found closure - but again maybe not and they want to make sure people remember the bravery of those victims and how they were left behind.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:35 PM

265 posts, read 191,885 times
Quote:
So Trump should act like an ass because other people have done it? Is this elementary school? Why would we want our politicians acting like children? That's to say, I don't care who started it.
The families have a right to be there if they want.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Class" would have been not killing the four men in the first place and not lying to family members about their deaths in the 2nd instance.
Do you think I'm stupid?

I notice this crap all the time. Too few on this forum have the intellectual honesty to simply address a point head on. All of you could probably run for president...

I don't think Hillary acted in a classy way. My point has NOTHING to do with her though. It's about Trump. I don't give a flying **** if his opponent is a bad person. Her being so should not be permission for him to use people as political leverage. That's my whole point.

Now, man the hell up and address my point honestly or shut up. Don't change the subject because you suck at making arguments.

Pathetic.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
The families have a right to be there if they want.
Well I don't care if they go. I'm saying Trump shouldn't bring them there. They're welcome to go and ask Hillary whatever they want. I have no disagreement with that. I have a disagreement with Trump using them as a political tool for his own gain (again, like any politician would even though his whole thing is not being a politician).

Old 07-13-2016, 12:42 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what your angle is here, but it sounds like you're calling me hypocrite? Why? Because I didn't change the subject to the Democrats, like most people do on this forum the second one of theirs is brought up?

I've made plenty of posts about why I think what happened to Hillary was an obstruction of justice. And just like I don't think Trump should use people to make a political point (like a regular politician would, which Trump TOTALLY isn't... ), I think Hillary should have owned up to her wrong doing with the email server and faced justice. Because at least I could respect her then. I'd still think what she did was wrong, but if she came clean, I could at least appreciate that sign of humility. Now I can't.

Same deal with Trump or anyone else who pulls this sort of stunt. I would never vote Trump (well, I should say the changes are just extremely low), but I would at least respect him if he just went in and did a debate. Setting up people at a political tool is, in my mind, disgusting. And again, can't stress this enough, is something the exact opposite of some political outside who will fight the ways of Washington would act. I know few Trump supporters are willing, either due to ignorance or desperation, to criticize him, but seriously, if he does that, what is it that makes him different than Hillary Clinton or any other career politician?
My angle is to point out that both Clinton and Trump are equally horrific, but that there seems to be a double standard that lets Hillary get a pass. Its not about you, its about these awful candidates and the garbage that they are force feeding everyoe.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:45 PM

952 posts, read 518,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I personally think he should extend invitations to them and let them decide. They may well have found closure - but again maybe not and they want to make sure people remember the bravery of those victims and how they were left behind.
Exactly. So ask THEM. Don't put up a poll asking whether or not Trump should fly them in until they express their feelings on it. They probably don't even know about this poll on some obscure web site...

Seems like an intrusion on their privacy if they were not even asked. I haven't heard any remarks from the families past the time it happened, one way or the other. They don't seem 'drawn' to the spotlight like some...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies