Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 09:38 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Dripping sarcasm is not always as attractive as it appears to be.
It's really the only way to engage with stupid arguments without lowering yourself into the stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 09:50 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Work harder. Okay, although why should a Black person have to work harder than a White person just to "prove" himself.
No, work equally hard as white people. Instead of going to a Black Lives Matter protest, go to a job, work hard and get promoted.

Or work hard in order to gain qualifications to get a job that pays better at junior levels of responsibility.

I'm white and I only make $12/hr...but I'm working on that. You guys can work on your situation, too.

Quote:
Emphasize education. Okay. But a minority of Whites graduate from (at the minimum) a 2 year college.
Exactly. Black people can do the same. Two year community colleges are cheap, about $30/unit, or $150 for a typical five unit class at the Community College where I once attended.

I can understand not having an expensive four year degree, but there are other, cheaper means to get an education or certifications.

Quote:
Have to parent families. Okay. The divorce rate among Blacks is about 48%. The divorce rate among Whites is about 40%. Not that much difference.
The President, who is African-American, says that the absence of strong family structures is a problem among African-Americans, and has a program to promote responsible fatherhood.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/administr...icy/fatherhood

Quote:
Don't commit crimes. Okay. But most Blacks don't commit serious crimes.
That's why African-Americans are not a disproportionate part of the prison population. He says sarcastically.

In general, the more poor someone is, the more likely they are to commit a violent crime. I think you and I would both agree that, unfortunately, African-Americans tend to be poor.

Quote:
Emphasize personal responsibility. Okay. The vast majority of Blacks I have known and worked with do.
Well, emphasize it to Black Lives Matter.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
No, it didn't. In 1960 about 80% of all blacks lived in normal (non-broken) families. Only about 7% of black children were born out of wedlock.

Today about 70% of black children are born out of wedlock.

Democrats with Progressive policies, like the War on Poverty, destroyed the black family.

But by all means, keep voting Democrat.
And 30% of White children are born out of wedlock. Be proud!

Old 07-15-2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I'm not white although half the family is from france.

And no one's white. If you find that dialogue shut it down or don't engage... it's actually really simple.
That didn't answer the point.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
No, work equally hard as white people. Instead of going to a Black Lives Matter protest, go to a job, work hard and get promoted.

Or work hard in order to gain qualifications to get a job that pays better at junior levels of responsibility.

I'm white and I only make $12/hr...but I'm working on that. You guys can work on your situation, too.

Exactly. Black people can do the same. Two year community colleges are cheap, about $30/unit, or $150 for a typical five unit class at the Community College where I once attended.

I can understand not having an expensive four year degree, but there are other, cheaper means to get an education or certifications.

The President, who is African-American, says that the absence of strong family structures is a problem among African-Americans, and has a program to promote responsible fatherhood.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/administr...icy/fatherhood

That's why African-Americans are not a disproportionate part of the prison population. He says sarcastically.

In general, the more poor someone is, the more likely they are to commit a violent crime. I think you and I would both agree that, unfortunately, African-Americans tend to be poor.

Well, emphasize it to Black Lives Matter.
Interesting how you took my comments and the answered some other point.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:00 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
This is what I am talking about------FOO is SO important! And sadly some blacks have the worst FOO in the planet. Why is this so hard to see by right wingers?
uhhhh, I am a right winger so to speak, actually a registered Independent.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:11 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
One excuse after another. One complaint after another. Then they wonder why America turns a deaf ear to the BS!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 05:12 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
. Nothing will ever help black America as a whole except good old fashion hard work and determination to succeed. When you work harder than everyone around you, false stereotypes tend to die out over time. That is what worked for all the groups I listed above.

Do you have a better solution? I sure can't think of one.
And wasn't it Jesse Jackson who told blacks that excellence is the best deterrent to racism?

Old 07-15-2016, 05:16 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birbenila Soli View Post
It's funny how dirt poor Asians and Hispanics immigrate here....often illegally so they have even less help....and they end up OK.
Not only that, but they have enough money to send back home to their families.
Remittances from Mexican immigrants are the second largest resource for Mexico after oil and gas revenues.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:21 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You simply regurgitate dogma that means nothing to dirt poor descendants of slaves that have nothing positive to look at. All those ethnic groups had a culture that goes back for hundreds of years and they were not cut off from the mother land. They were able to keep their own positive MEMEs and FOO. They remained German or Italian.

OTOH, blacks were kidnapped as children (or very young) put in a boat and spend generations as slaves with no connection to any cultural value from the homeland. The only culture they knew was slavery. Then they were set free and not allowed to truly participate in society. To compare that to the plight of European migration is a travesty.

You said: Well blacks were not offered those jobs.

Are you serious? Slaves were generally sold here and there with no regards to family unit. There was no such thing as a mom and a dad and a white picket fence.
" Slaves were generally sold here and there with no regards to family unit"

Again this is NOT always the case. MANY land owners KEPT the families together.

"dirt poor descendants of slaves that have nothing positive to look at.'

If you concentrate ALL your thoughts back to before the mid 1860's you are correct.

However, the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted and set them "free".

It took a while but, the Civil Rights act was passed in 1964, school segregation was banned etc.

MOST of the ones NOW involved in these "protests" and such weren't even BORN in 1964.

One would think that INSTEAD of focusing on the bad times, ever nationality in America had "bad" times, they would take advantage of the opportunities they have TODAY instead of screening, rioting and bashing police cars.

When you act like an idiot, you will be treated like one.

I am Irish. You might want to do a little history research on how THEY were treated when they came to America.

There were NOT officially slaves but, they sure were treated badly.

What about Jews? Has there been a Holocaust against blacks?

Has ANY body stated that they want to wipe Jews off the face of the earth?

I am so tired of hearing "it is because they are poor."

I say B.S.

If you want to see poor in America, go to Appalachia.

Why is it THOSE people don't riot, break into stores, liquor and drug stores seem to be the first targets, and trash them like the "poor" blacks do?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 07-15-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies