Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 03:22 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Colin Powell seemed to have risen above your "hopeless" scenario..........
An exception to the rule does not prove a theory. Colin Powell was born of Jamaican parents. It is well known that blacks of other countries often outperform American blacks.
Nice try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why are other races able to come to the U.S. with nothing, work menial jobs (two or three of them at a time if they have to) while they put themselves through college and become successful, productive members of society - and black people "can't?" They have the same opportunities (and MORE in many cases) as everyone else if they choose to take advantage of them. People who would rather play the victim than do something to help themselves have no one to blame but themselves.
African blacks that come to this country also do well and earn more money than American Blacks.

Black Americans are the product of America and they have been severely damaged by the system. At this time there is little oppression but they feel markedly discriminated. And for many perception is reality.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:27 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Colin Powell seemed to have risen above your "hopeless" scenario..........
Colin Powell is first-generation born American. His parents are from Jamaica.

Why in the world do people act lIke every person of African descent in the United States has the same heritage?

Just lIke people of Asian origin come from different nations, so people of African descent come from different nations.

Not every so-called "black" person is the descendant of African slaves brought to the U.S.

Why is that so hard to grasp?

Goodness.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:33 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Forget the silly "race" aspect as we are all human beings. I understand that there are some mental defects that actually believe that "race" is a "classification" for humans, but there will always be a certain percentage of mentally ill in the gene pool. So back to reality...

Humans naturally want to associate with others with similar beliefs, interests, and preferences. It is simply the desire for "harmony" and mutual alignment with those in your immediate circle to serve one's own self-interest and benefit. Humans naturally avoid those who have conflicting beliefs, interests, and preferences, because no one wants to live in constant conflict.

So it should stand to reason, that any minority group (not "color" or whatever, but minority with different beliefs, interests, and preferences) which does not align itself with the majority, will experience the results of the natural avoidance by different larger groups. This "isolation" of those small groups from the larger groups is not "racism", but rather the natural trait of humans in general to align themselves that are similar to themselves.

The biggest problem with this natural selection of association and cooperation in modern "societies" is that governments are institutions of violence, aggression, and coercion. The "majority" uses this fictional right of government to be an aggressor upon the individual to impose their personal will upon their neighbors. Hence the "institutional" "racism" perceived by minority groups by "society".

There are only two "solutions" to this perceived "racism".

Take away the fictional right of government to initiate force upon any individual for any reason. (The correct solution )

Or the minority groups will have to adopt, fully accept, and completely align themselves with the majority's interests, beliefs, and preferences.

As can be seen with any minority groups that have appeared in America. Those who are most successful are those who conform most to the largest groups interests, beliefs, and preferences. Those that continuously try to be different from, or refuse to conform to, the majority are the least successful. It is those groups who will perceive the greatest institutional "racism". And they will always perceive that racism until they conform.

Now if these minority groups do not want to feel this "racism", AND do not wish to conform to the majority's interests, beliefs, and preferences there is only ONE solution.

Take away the fictional right of government to initiate force upon ANY individual for ANY reason. That is the only way to eliminate "racism" as a societal foundation.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
As can be seen with any minority groups that have appeared in America. Those who are most successful are those who conform most to the largest groups interests, beliefs, and preferences. Those that continuously try to be different from, or refuse to conform to, the majority are the least successful. It is those groups who will perceive the greatest institutional "racism". And they will always perceive that racism until they conform.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:42 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

I would impose mandatory intern schools for 12-16 years. The kids should be removed from their environment. I would teach ETHICS 24/7, no different than Annapolis or West Point. I would also try to make African Americans a bit more like their African counterparts who do not walk around with a ship in the shoulder.
Quote:
Yes, it is a difficult issue and my only solution is forced schooling as an intern 24/7 away from the home environment.
You would forcibly remove African American children from their home and lock them away for 12-16 years while you indoctrinate them?

OP, you appear to be the one who is racist and tbh, quite disturbed.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:06 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Nope

White man hates black because white man thinks black is inferior.
Black man hates white because black man thinks white is an oppressive system.

BIG DIFFERENCE

Furthermore, blacks lack the power whites have. Racism is more intense when it is done by the system that has the power.

I am glad I could teach you something today.
Racism has always been about prejudging. If I meet a black man and assume he's about to mug me, or that he's on welfare, or that he's on drugs, or that he's lazy or that he's uneducated, just because he's black, I'm being racist.

If a black man meets me and assumes that I'm an active participant in oppressing him, that I hate him, that I think he's an inferior human being and and that I'm actively preventing him from succeeding in life, he's being racist.

Jumping to completely unfounded conclusions about another human being because of the color of the skin -- that's the very definition of the word. That's what makes it racism. It doesn't matter if you're a minority or a majority. Hate is hate. Bigotry is bigotry.

Hate and prejudice do not require that you're a majority of the population. They're still just hate and prejudice. Ultimately, race is irrelevant. We're all just people.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
What you're saying here seems to make sense, but I don't think that it has worked out that way in real life. Chinese, Japanese, Irish and Jews all maintain their distinct cultures and do so with great pride. They're doing just fine in the USA.

Maybe you can explain it better to me.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:08 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
African blacks that come to this country also do well and earn more money than American Blacks.

Black Americans are the product of America and they have been severely damaged by the system. At this time there is little oppression but they feel markedly discriminated. And for many perception is reality.
That is their problem; not mine. Blame the Democrats for keeping them dependent on the government. Blame their parents and grandparents for teaching them to depend on the government. Don't blame white citizens who have nothing to do with it. And the same goes for poor whites who are in the same predicament, by the way.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:15 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:
Nope

White man hates black because white man thinks black is inferior.
Black man hates white because black man thinks white is an oppressive system.

BIG DIFFERENCE

Furthermore, blacks lack the power whites have. Racism is more intense when it is done by the system that has the power.

I am glad I could teach you something today.
Nope. Blacks judging whites negatively because they are white is racism. It doesn't matter why they view whites negatively, they are making a judgement based on color.

I beg to differ on the power thing too. We have a black President making laws via Executive Order, a black Attorney General who like her black predecessor seems to only represent the interest of blacks (hence why many call it the Just Us Dept), a black head of the Dept of Homeland Security, a black National Security Advisor, and the President's closest personal advisor (Valerie Jarrett) is black. Many of our largest cities have black Mayors, majority black City Councils, black Chiefs of Police, and black Superintendents of Schools. Federal Govt employment is very disproportionately black (something like double the representation vs their actual population #'s). Federal/State/City govts have programs that give minority owned businesses preferences, as do Affirmative Action programs for jobs and school admissions. The major media is extremely black-friendly. I would say that blacks wield tremendous power at present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies