Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 10:03 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I certainly think we do need to be proactive about preventing terrorism before the likelihood actually does rise.

The US is a big country with a lot of people and resources. We can focus on several things at once.
I get you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 10:05 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I remember being in France during Bastille Day celebration when I was a kid. And my parents got engaged in Nice.
I was in France a few months ago. There are soldiers all over the place, but I was happy to see that.

Interestingly enough, me and my wife were never searched. There were security checkpoints at the entrances to all the major tourist attractions. We'd step up to be searched and they'd waved us through and seemed annoyed that we thought they would search us.

On the other hand, anyone who looked middle eastern got the deluxe service.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I'm not a Newt fan....he would say the exact opposite if it was of benefit to him.
What doesn't make sense is that he's assuming that a person who plans to blow up Americans would answer if asked, "Sure, I hate all of you infidels." I mean, what exactly is a religious test? Maybe we should test people by drowning them like they did during the Salem witch trials.

He's smarter than that, so I agree with you that he is saying what he thinks Trump supporters want to hear.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:11 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What doesn't make sense is that he's assuming that a person who plans to blow up Americans would answer if asked, "Sure, I hate all of you infidels." I mean, what exactly is a religious test? Maybe we should test people by drowning them like they did during the Salem witch trials.

He's smarter than that, so I agree with you that he is saying what he thinks Trump supporters want to hear.
Actually Newt was spot on. The question should be do they want to live under Sharia Law or not. Last polls that came out show 51% of Muslim Americans favor Sharia Law.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:11 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
What doesn't make sense is that he's assuming that a person who plans to blow up Americans would answer if asked, "Sure, I hate all of you infidels." He's smarter than that, so I agree with you that he is saying what he thinks Trump supporters want to hear.
Newt is a fraud. He was on fire tonight cause he's trying to curry favor with Trump. I don't dislike Trump....I don't agree with everything he says, but in his inarticulate way he's speaking to the fears & hopes of people in a way the political left can no longer do.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Borders have little to do with this type of attack. The man who shot 49 people in Orlando was born in the U.S. The Boston Marathon bombers had lived in this country for many years. Nidel Hasan, the Fort Hood shooter, was born in the U.S. Syed Farook, one of the San Bernardino shooters, was also born in the U.S.
Hmmm... it seems like there might be a common thread there. I'm having trouble identifying it though.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The guy started shooting after running people over. That can't be, France have strict anti-gun laws, so there is no way they could have two terrorist attacks with firearms being used.

We clearly see how effective anti-gun laws work.
If we just ban trucks....and planes, and guns, buses, cars, C4, computers, smart phones, gasoline, all forms of technology since the stone age and then invite in millions that have an ideology to kill the natives, then all will be well.

With Love,

Obama & Hillary

Old 07-14-2016, 10:28 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
So which Youtube video do we blame for this one?

#WeNeedCharlesMartel

Old 07-14-2016, 10:54 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
One of my family members saw o a twitter account some video of bodies scattered through out the street and many laying in puddles of blood.

Horrific to see these innocent people laying dead in a street.

Now a truck is used but Obama will probably come out and uses his own name for another 45 times and calling for banning of guns instead of stop letting economic refugees into the country who may be members or sympathizers of ISIS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder what Hillary thinks about the situation and how long will it take for her to respond?
Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The video was in my newsfeed ... it auto played for about 10 seconds before I could shut it down.

Horrific doesn't even come close.
It's on YT but I reported it.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Actually Newt was spot on. The question should be do they want to live under Sharia Law or not. Last polls that came out show 51% of Muslim Americans favor Sharia Law.
Polls reported by whom? Breitbart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies