Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 06:17 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Sometimes racism is just passed down. People who were raised listening to the racism of their parents may have it ingrained in their subconscious. I am starting to believe that most people are not even conscious of the fact that their argument, if not their conscious intent, is one that implied intrinsic black inferiority to whites.

Again...the way it works is that subconsciously "A = C" is what the mind believes from all the input it has received concerning race since childhood and it represents black inferiority to whites. However, that gets repressed consciously because racism is seen and accepted as a socially deviant trait and people do not want to see themselves as deviant and amoral. That is what the mind believes though (that blacks are inferior). Consequently, the conscious mind says the same thing, but in a different way to protect self image. Hence, instead of saying A = C, it says that A = B and that B = C, not realizing that the belief is born from their subconscious belief that A = C. For those not following the logic....if A = B and B = C....then you are saying, in a round about way, that A = C.

All that having been said, if many people believe that blacks dominate certain sports because of genetics, I wager that just as high as a percent believe that genetics plays a role in violence, academic performance, personal responsibility, work ethic and or other outcomes of blacks that determine economic standing relative to whites. When the mind seek to repress the idea that it is "racist", it does so using a formula that says hatred or inferiority beliefs towards another race makes one a racist. Hence, people love blacks in sports and many see blacks as SUPERIOR to whites in sports....so those thoughts being positive are not repressed because they do not make the person feel that the thoughts are racist.....BUT THEY ARE because they use racial genetics as a factor in performance, even if done out of admiration and not hate. If many people are believing that genetics is why blacks run fast and jump higher than most.....just as many are believing that violence, laziness, intellect are influenced by racial gentics too. Its a package deal in the mind one you open the door to race being a determining factor in human outcome.
"Sometimes racism is just passed down."

Is that what you are using as YOUR excuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 06:30 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
What am I mad about? I am just talking cause and effect. I am not blaming you. I am simply giving an explanation for the observation of socioeconomic racial inequality in this nation and seeking to debunk the narrative that the NATURE of blacks is the root cause of it.
It's not due to the nature of blacks, at least not in a physical way such as DNA or lack of intelligence.

But it does have a lot to do with black culture perpetuating their own perceived cultural handicaps as being valid and something to use as an excuse rather than something to ignore and rise above.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:06 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
I'm not getting the blame Whitey thing. Blacks were enslaved by other Blacks in Africa LONG before their fellow Africans sold them into the Atlantic slave trade. The source of Black slavery is actually... other Blacks.

The first legal slave owner in what is currently the US was a Black man: Anthony Johnson
Quote:
Slavery was brought to North America in 1654, when Anthony Johnson, in Northampton County, convinced the court that he was entitled to the lifetime services of John Casor, a Black man. This was the first judicial approval of life servitude, except as punishment for a crime. Anthony Johnson was a Black man, one of the original 20 brought to Jamestown in 1619. By 1623, he had achieved his freedom and by 1651 was prosperous enough to import five "servants" of his own, for which he was granted 250 acres as "headrights."
Slavery in North America 1654-June 19, 1865?, MLK - Wesleyan University

Facts are facts.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:42 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
I'm not getting the revise history thing.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:45 AM

Maybe it's to further the white supremacy thing? Or, the white nationalist thing? Or, the 'scientific' racism thing?

Old 07-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Heard today at a blm meeting~ "we need to remove bad cops so there can be peace in our community"
Cant make this %$* up

Old 07-16-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Right....that is what I said. Whites being stronger mentally leads to stronger choices. Choices represent mental strength. Thus, to say whites make stronger choices is to say whites are mentally stronger. See all your threads about black IQ.
Whichever way one looks at it, it seems to boil down to 'less than'.

& why does that seem to ring a bell?

Oh yeah, history rhymes.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:03 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I'm not getting the revise history thing.
Me, neither.

I've already posted the history...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not getting the blame Whitey thing. Blacks were enslaved by other Blacks in Africa LONG before their fellow Africans sold them into the Atlantic slave trade. The source of Black slavery is actually... other Blacks.

The first legal slave owner in what is currently the US was a Black man: Anthony Johnson
Quote:
Slavery was brought to North America in 1654, when Anthony Johnson, in Northampton County, convinced the court that he was entitled to the lifetime services of John Casor, a Black man. This was the first judicial approval of life servitude, except as punishment for a crime. Anthony Johnson was a Black man, one of the original 20 brought to Jamestown in 1619. By 1623, he had achieved his freedom and by 1651 was prosperous enough to import five "servants" of his own, for which he was granted 250 acres as "headrights."
Slavery in North America 1654-June 19, 1865?, MLK - Wesleyan University

Facts are facts.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:05 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Being you mentioned me, I suggest you study a little history of HOW OTHERS have have been treated in the past.

Start with the Irish.

Do you REALLY think your ancestors had it WORSE then the Jews?

Going around with that huge chip on your shoulder will NOT get you anywhere.

"unless intellectually constipated by prejudice." describes YOU to a tee!
Again...your response is "us too". Thanks for being a case study for my thesis.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:10 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have NO problem teaching history, the good and the bad but, to FOCUS on the past that you had ZERO experience in and blame EVERYTHING TODAY on that bad past history is NOT going to get you anywhere.

I think someone said, " DON'T dwell on the past but, look to the FUTURE", or something like that.
Your hyperbole is duly noted.....you have no argument without it. Although I hardly blame Everything/ALL black problems on the nations racist past, I do blame THE GAP between black and white socioeconomic problems on that past. Blacks would have the same rate of poverty, wealth, ect....if not for that past. Finally, I am not DWELLING on it. I am using the past to explain the inequality in the present.....but for anyone averse to that truth....they see it as dwelling.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-16-2016 at 09:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies