Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:37 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,545,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
OP your "parable" is crap as it assumes far too much. and any assumptions you make from that "parable" are equally crap. although it does point out the attitudes of the two people involved, so perhaps it isnt such a bad "parable" after all. apparently both people have similar wounds, and yet one moves forward from that wounding, but the other falls to the ground and demands that they be given special treatment.
He cannot see that.

We just went 30+ pages yesterday and he refuses to acknowledge anything other than :Blacks have been mistreated for so long that we are now in a state of helplessness and need to be taken care of from cradle to grave for at least the next 200 years and then maybe things will finally be okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 08:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,669,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
OP your "parable" is crap as it assumes far too much. and any assumptions you make from that "parable" are equally crap. although it does point out the attitudes of the two people involved, so perhaps it isnt such a bad "parable" after all. apparently both people have similar wounds, and yet one moves forward from that wounding, but the other falls to the ground and demands that they be given special treatment.
Your response is covered in my OP.

Quote:
It is either a claim of either black weakness and or white strength.
There is only two ways the parable logically concludes: One person is SUPERIOR to the other OR the the two people did not face the same wounding in degree or kind which allowed one to be felled while the other still stands. Not surprising....most respondents thus far have assumed the former.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:44 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,522,149 times
Wow, as a white person, I had no idea I had such super powers. Maybe all of us should apply for jobs with the CIA or maybe even Interpol. Heck, any law enforcement jobs.

Apparently the five slain police officers in Dallas didn't get the memo that they were impervious to being shot.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:45 AM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I have a parable that metaphorically represents the dialog between blacks and whites in this nation concerning race. I call it the "me too" or "us too" parable.

Two people are walking down the streets and shots ring out. One person falls to the ground in agony with an obvious wound to the stomach and blood on their clothing. The person, moaning in pain says; "I am shot". The other person, standing tall and erect, not in any visible pain, kind of looking in disgust and disrespect of the other persons condition then says; "me too". Whats wrong with that picture? Why does not the same cause, the bullet, produce the same effect in the two?

Essentially, there is no respect for the black condition in America.
Get over it.

FYI, Black men had the right to vote LONG before White women did.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:49 AM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
What about the blacks who say "me too"?

"White people go to college, I want to go to college"

"White people have good-paying jobs, I want a good paying job"

"White people live in nice neighborhoods, I want to live in a nice neighborhood"
Whites or Blacks can achieve those things, as long as they WORK to EARN it. And quite a few Blacks have, so where's the problem?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Your response is covered in my OP.

There is only two ways the parable logically concludes: One person is SUPERIOR to the other OR the the two people did not face the same wounding in degree or kind which allowed one to be felled while the other still stands. Not surprising....most respondents thus far have assumed the former.

Yes we get it.

The black person in America today has no chance of ever making it and has the worst, most unfair life of anyone in the history of the world. Bar none.

Until White people can understand this FACT, then we will continue to see such staggering inner city violence and attacks on LEO across the country.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yes we get it.

The black person in America today has no chance of ever making it and has the worst, most unfair life of anyone in the history of the world. Bar none.

Until White people can understand this FACT, then we will continue to see such staggering inner city violence and attacks on LEO across the country.
Yep....and as a black person who has "made it" and in a nation with a black president, it would logically follow that such would be my position.

When you cannot offer a truth based rebuttal that is tenable.....use hyperbole.....you always say...huh?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, as a white person, I had no idea I had such super powers. Maybe all of us should apply for jobs with the CIA or maybe even Interpol. Heck, any law enforcement jobs.

Apparently the five slain police officers in Dallas didn't get the memo that they were impervious to being shot.
actually all use white people should become force recon marines, navy seals, army rangers, delta force, or any other special forces unit, and then we can take over the world by killing every politician we see, and we wont have to worry about being shot because we are invulnerable. we can then rule the world with impunity.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:01 AM

NOBODY can out victim us.

White people - you don't know what trouble is.

Asian people - you have never known suffering.

Hispanics - Your experience with bigotry is weak compared to ours.

Muslims - Don't even try it.

Jews - You have nothing on the modern day blacks living in the richest country in the world. Your history of mistreatment, though 10 times longer than our plight, still is insignificant, because WE are the biggest victims the world has ever seen.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
NOBODY can out victim us.

White people - you don't know what trouble is.

Asian people - you have never known suffering.

Hispanics - Your experience with bigotry is weak compared to ours.

Muslims - Don't even try it.

Jews - You have nothing on the modern day blacks living in the richest country in the world. Your history of mistreatment, though 10 times longer than our plight, still is insignificant, because WE are the biggest victims the world has ever seen.

What does that have to do with anything? Many people have suffered throughout history. The parable I presented represented two entities sharing the same time and space, supposedly receiving the same wound, but having drastically different results/reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies