Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 11:56 PM

105 posts, read 90,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The less problem "we'll" have? Who is we?

I'm not having any problems with Muslims. Not one single Muslims has ever bothered me.

My point on Moses is that if we're gonna talk about evil founders of faiths, don't leave any out. Especially when one wouldn't exist without the other. If there was no Judaism in the first place, there'd be no Islam or Christianity.

And the world would be a much better place too.
Try living in any Muslim country. If you don't have any problem with Muslims, then I'm sure you won't have any problems living in a Muslim country either. Also I'm you'll love freedom of religion over there.

Anyway, Judaism originated from ancient Semitic from Middle East. So by that logic, we need to talk about evil founder of those ancient Semitic religions.....?

Unless there are some terrorists whom are inspired by Moses, I can care less what happened with Moses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist. Born in NY. Ted Kaczynski was a terrorist, born in the USA. The Nazis were all terrorists, born in Germany, Austria, and various European countries.

So why do you think terrorists are all Arabs or from the ME?
Of course not all terrorists come from Middle East.

But close to every terrorists in Western Europe seem to have Middle Eastern origin.

And given that Muslims population in Western Europe is less than 10%, this should be an alarming issue.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,172,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjobs View Post
Try living in any Muslim country. If you don't have any problem with Muslims, then I'm sure you won't have any problems living in a Muslim country either. Also I'm you'll love freedom of religion over there.

Anyway, Judaism originated from ancient Semitic from Middle East. So by that logic, we need to talk about evil founder of those ancient Semitic religions.....?

Unless there are some terrorists whom are inspired by Moses, I can care less what happened with Moses.
Why would i try living in a Muslim country? What's the point? Why should i concern myself with what they're doing in a Muslim country?

I live here, and Muslims aren't giving me any problems. They aren't giving you any problems either, BTW.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Why would i try living in a Muslim country? What's the point? Why should i concern myself with what they're doing in a Muslim country?

I live here, and Muslims aren't giving me any problems. They aren't giving you any problems either, BTW.
They WILL give you problem if you live over there, such as this kind of talk of blasphemy about religion or being atheist if you are one.

And once their number becomes big enough in a certain country, they WILL give you problems.

Sounds like you live in USA. Yeah I live in USA, too. But I definitely wouldn't want this country to become like Germany or France.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 AM

I'll add one more thing.

Calls for compulsory school Islam classes after axe attack - The Local
This is article stating that German officials now want mandatory Islam classes at school to teach people more about Islam.
If you are ok with mandatory Islam classes at public schools in your country, then I'd say go right ahead and welcome more Muslims to your country.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:57 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,761,986 times
Quote:
Abrogate? LOL

Christians do nothing BUT abrogate their Bible. Look around you. Do most Christians live out the words and commandments contained in their holy book? Hell no..not even close. Christian Europeans tried to exterminate the whole Jewish ethnic group. Christian Europeans launched wars in the last century that killed 100 million people. Does that sound very Christian to you?

In the former Yugoslavia, Catholic Croats and Orthodox Christian Serbs tried to slaughter the whole damn Muslim population of Bosnia, and they did so with the blessing of their local clergies.

In any case, sure, modern day terrorism has a Muslim face, but that depends on what you call terrorism. To me, terrorism is also invading a nation based on false pretenses, bringing massive destruction and untold misery to millions of people. It's also deposing an elected government in a sovereign nation, and replacing it with a murderous dictator while training that nation's secret police to murder and detain thousands.

If that's not terrorism, what is?

First of all, all 3 monotheistic faiths were founded by brutes. Christianity was invented by the Apostle Paul, who was a murderer and tormentor of Christians before he took on the Christian faith himself.

Moses is the inventor of Judaism. Moses was a murderer and a savage of the first order. A pedophile, kidnapper, child rapist, and one who incited others to kidnap women and children AFTER killing the menfolk. Sometimes, he directed his underlings to kill women ONLY if they weren't virgins. Need proof? Real the Old Testament if you can read the text through all the blood contained in it.

It's funny how you say Islam is popular in penitentiaries. LOL...do you know how many so called "reformed Christians" come out of prison everyday? No faith is more popular in prison than Christianity.

Moreover, it doesn't sound like you know very much about Muslim nations. The things you describem, poverty, filth, ignorance, indolence and backwardness....sounds more like Alabama, Mississippi or Arkansas than the Middle East.
I assigned numbers to the religions in chronological order. The OP was talking mostly about Muslims.

I know a bit about Muslim nations. The US south has its issues, but it is a lot better than Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc.

I stated Islam was popular not that it's the number one religion in penitentiaries. It is appealing to individuals who prefer to blame others for all of their misfortunes instead of engaging in self examination. The Catholic Christians at least have to confess their sins whereas the "other" generic Christians arrogantly claim they're going to heaven. Good luck making a Muslim admit an error or a sin.

The reluctance to realize and acknowledge a fault, mistake, etc. makes LEARNING very difficult. That's why they remain so backwards.

I know about Paul (or rather Saul of Tarsus). Notice that I didn't call him an apostle. I read the book "The Mythmaker: Paul and the Invention of Christianity" by Hyam MacCoby. I didn't know Moses was the one to invent Judaism. I do know that Jews don't proselytize so I'm not particularly interested in their practices.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,172,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I assigned numbers to the religions in chronological order. The OP was talking mostly about Muslims.

I know a bit about Muslim nations. The US south has its issues, but it is a lot better than Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc.

I stated Islam was popular not that it's the number one religion in penitentiaries. It is appealing to individuals who prefer to blame others for all of their misfortunes instead of engaging in self examination. The Catholic Christians at least have to confess their sins whereas the "other" generic Christians arrogantly claim they're going to heaven. Good luck making a Muslim admit an error or a sin.

The reluctance to realize and acknowledge a fault, mistake, etc. makes LEARNING very difficult. That's why they remain so backwards.

I know about Paul (or rather Saul of Tarsus). Notice that I didn't call him an apostle. I read the book "The Mythmaker: Paul and the Invention of Christianity" by Hyam MacCoby. I didn't know Moses was the one to invent Judaism. I do know that Jews don't proselytize so I'm not particularly interested in their practices.
What? LOL...really? Islam appeals to individuals who prefer to blame others instead of engaging in self examination?

Do i really need to point it out to you that 99 percent of those converted Muslims in prison went into prison as Christians? In other words, they committed their crimes while they were being indoctrinated by the Christian faith when growing up. Why didn't they engage in self examination BEFORE they became Muslims if the Christian faith is so conducive to self examination by its adherents?

You know a bit about Muslim nations? Like what? Have you lived in one for an extended period of time?

You didn't know that Moses was the founder of Judaism? SMH...really? Who did you assume was the founder?

Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
I don't get why no one recognizes that? I've never heard of a terrorist who came from Europe or South Eastern asia. I mean originally not like first or second generation. Why can't immigrants from the middle east be banned? We did t with the Japanese?

I guess you don't know much about late 20th Century history - here is a few that I can come up with:

De Bende van Nijvel (Holland)
Red Army Faction (Germany)
IRA (Ireland)
Wehrsportgruppe Hoffmann (Germany)
Charles Martel Club (France)
Ordine Nero (Italy)
RMS (Netherlands)
17N (Greece)

Old 07-27-2016, 07:54 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,762,799 times
The Catholic Church was one of the world's biggest terrorist organizations. The Holy Inquisition killed 100's of thousands of people, and specifically targeted Jews. The Holy Crusades went after Islam. The Nazis killed millions of Jews. The hands of the west are not clean at all. Fanatics in Europe have behaved just as disgustingly as fanatics from the middle east are today. I would call Pol Pot (Cambodia) and the Khmer Rouge terrorists. Aum Shinrikyo (Japan) was a terror cult.

The problem is not Islam, the problem is people who do not have the capacity to think rationally for themselves, and from what I can see, that is a universal problem. Take a lot of uneducated and/or disgruntled people, add a demagogue and you can create fanatics.

Yes, the ME is a big problem right now but this is largely a problem of our own doing. The ME has been carved up multiple times and been politically manipulated by the west for 100+ years. The CIA turned Iran into America-haters by backing the Savat (a government sponsored terror organization that tortured 1000's of Iranians). We created Saddam. We have been complicit in Israel theft of Palestinian lands. We have a history of backing brutal despots throughout the region. The citizens are reacting to all of this. ISIS would not have any backing if ME countries were not such a mess politically and economically.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:09 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,904,385 times
OP ever hear of The Oklahoma City Bombing? Just wondering because I think the terrorist in that event was s homegrown White male. Maybe I just made that up though. I better check the Internet for all my facts like Trump does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies